It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding Janet Flight from Palmdale to TNX?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yesterday I managed to track a Janet flight from PMD to TNX.
Does somebody know the schedule for all Janet flights FROM Palmdale to TNX?

Also, I really wonder if this flight below actually went to Groom instead of TNX because it started decending from 25000 feet to 16000 feet and it was about many miles out from TNX....

flightaware.com...

And the time enroute was 12 minutes and on the Google Earth plugin, TNX was to far out in order to make in 12 minutes....So, right after the MCY NDB, it started to decend to 16000 feet and TNX is a bit away from this actual position.

Whats your take on this?

And what are the schedules for these flights from PMD to TNX?

Thx.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by darpa999]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Some things are better left unsaid.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

Look at the flight plan:
PMD DAG J9 CLARR LAS290052 BTY060030

That is a route to Groom Lake. Of course, there are a few more fixes to go to reach Groom Lake. Routes to the Tonopah Test Range nearly always go over TPH. They also tend to show the full route when going to the TTR. Flights to Groom Lake rarely show the route to the base. They screwed up a few times, which I documented. [Not sure I uploaded a full route, but I have one or two somewhere.]

This really begs the question, why don't they just file so that they can't be tracked? Lots of planes are blocked. CIA front companies, celebrities, corporate jets, etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Yes your right...

Flights going to TTR or TNX, usually have in their flight plans like TPH, BTY and LIDAT.

Can you please dig that up for us which shows the full route?

Thanks.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by darpa999]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I have a few Janet flights put into a gpx file. In addition, the file contains waypoints from some analysis done on the vatsim forum that unfortunately has left the net. [I tried to get the permission of the forum to copy it, but got no reply.] Thus the GPS contains tracks from flightaware that I hand copied into a gpx file since this predates the ability of flightaware to make files compatible with google earth. It also contains guesses at the aviation fixes on the range, but these are merely guesses. I just happen to think these guys did a good job, though I'm not convinced they nailed PYRAMID.

There is much confusion over PYRAMID and the PYD beacon. You can get the coordinates of all the Nellis range beacons I could find on google earth at:
Nellis range beacons

The GPX file with the routes is at
www.lazygranch.com...
gpx file
The forum software might mess up the links. What you really want to do is load the link into google earth. This can be done by either saving the link contents on your hard drive, or opening up the URL as a network link. Internet Explorer has issues with GPX files the last time I checked.

If you paste in the location of PYD, you can see that the planes do head in the direction of this beacon for a while, though they don't fly over it. Hey, it's a free country, er more or less. You don't have fly to a beacon. That is, you can use them just for getting a vector in a given direction.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the fixes FIDOE. SHOWW and pyramid. Remember, they are just some opinion of the locations. FIDOE and SHOWW are reserved names in the FAA database, but their locations are not filed with the FAA. Here is a FOIA regarding that.
FOIA for Nellis fixes

Other than beacons, which have a physical presence, I think you should always be a bit skeptical regarding anyone telling you where they think these fixes are located. Most are just educated guesses since the landing procedures are not published.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The gpx file doesn't work in the forum, i.e. it goesn't call up google earth. I suggest you click on the link, let it show up in the browser at text, then cut the URL from the browser. Plug that into google earth as a network link.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Gariac,

The best way to do this, is that the file automatically changes to an XML file. Now, just save this XML file, and then rename the file extenstion to GPX....

Fire up GE, and then select open and select the GPX file....Bingo!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join