It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
SPOILERS - if you haven't seen last night's episode...

Wow, interesting angle with Oldlivia being implanted with Newlivia's memories. Will be neat to see how it plays out. While the episode was good though, it was kind of like the second Lord of the Rings movie...all that, and we're still kind of at the same part in the story... Hope it moves along a little faster...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah, it didn't really feel like a season premiere to me.. but next week looks really good. Fringefiles.com has screencaps of the alternate universe title sequence but not of the episode yet.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yep, looking forward to it. Though I try to avoid even watching any previews of the next show. They always let too much out of the bag in their previews....just like Warehouse 13 does.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I haven't the strength to abstain from reading spoilers! Though I agree with you that the previews usually do give too much away. Movies do that a lot too.. the protagonist will be looking for answers that we are already aware of because we've seen the previews! >_<

And I noticed you have a different avatar every week!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
guys as an xfiles fan from back in the day ive been told this would be just right for me, any opinions?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
guys as an xfiles fan from back in the day ive been told this would be just right for me, any opinions?

Yeah definitely, I was a huge X-Files fan too and "Fringe" is very obviously similar. It also features a secret division of the FBI that investigates strange occurrences!

Fringe is currently season 3, I definitely recommend starting with season 1. If you just want to jump right in, there is a very very short recap of the first two seasons here, and also this video has some very important plot points that should catch you up.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned X Files... If you watch Haven also, last episode seemed to make a reference to Mulder, hehe... (something about an FBI agent chasing aliens, hehe...)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

This video features the producers discussing the alternate universe, "First People", Sam Weiss, and Peter. It's really really interesting. It may be considered slightly spoilerish.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This episode was sooo much better than the season premiere. Anna Torv is such an amazing actress! I still hate the idea of Olivia and Peter together.. but it always happens on TV.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
just got into fringe upto ep 3 season 1, so far so good! Does it get better or worse ?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Better.

In my opinion.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm happy to see Walter getting back to more of his old self...

I feel we're kind of losing Olivia though.
I mean, the one here is really the alternate Olivia...and the one there is our Olivia, but brainwashed into being "Newlivia" also...so two of her...and ours is in limbo.

She does a great job of acting it though...different characters, without being obviously different, so very convincing. Must be tough to pull off.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
just got into fringe upto ep 3 season 1, so far so good! Does it get better or worse ?

I agree with TheAssociate, better, definitely. There are occasional episodes that I find are just boring and don't advance the plot any, though. Also in season 2 there is one episode that was shown out of continuity for some reason, just a warning.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Yeah, that messes you up, because there's a character in it, that is actually dead.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Is anyone else concerned they might go soap operaish and have Faux-livia pregnant with Peter's baby?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

There has to be some catalyst to win Fauxlivia (I like that) to the cause of "our" side...so this could be it. I don't think they'll go that far though, I think the relationship alone will do it....(and thus, they get them together, without getting them together).

All in all, it's a pretty ingenious solution to the tv curse of having the sexual tension finally broken, that usually killed other shows.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Last episode was all about Oldlivia in the alternate Universe (and inside her alternate's self). Seems she keeps seeing Peter and Walter as representations of her true self trying to peek through.

Other than that though...this episode really didn't advance the subplot that much...more "freak of the week" stuff.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, that was kind of a "filler" episode. It was interesting enough, but I hope they get back juicier stuff soon.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It was a good episode, good ideas all around that led to Olivia figuring out she's not from there. Also interesting to see alter-Charlie catching on to the ruse. Most shows would have kept her in the dark for weeks just to drag out the story longer. Although I really wouldn't mind seeing more of this alternate world.

A few things about this episode:

-What's the deal with alter-Astrid? She's so much different in this universe.

-Walternate's idea of using water as sensory deprivation reminds me of it's uses in Season 1. Speaking of which, do you think we'll see John Scott in this alternate universe?

-In this episode, Milo was able to finish other people's sentences. The last time we saw someone do that on Fringe was when Peter confronted the Observer! But maybe it is just coincidence.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Some good points...and yes, seems Walter (both of them) does have a thing for the water tanks...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join