It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The study authors concluded that there may be an association between the use of stimulant medication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
test.fda.gov...

This study, funded by the FDA and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), compared the use of stimulant medications in 564 healthy children from across the United States who died suddenly to the use of stimulant medications in 564 children who died as passengers in a motor vehicle accident.The study authors concluded that there may be an association between the use of stimulant medications and sudden death in healthy children.

Please review link for full description.

**Not sure if it belongs in this general conspiracies forum but I believe people with children on this medication/s should be alerted.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

FDA is continuing its review of the strengths and limitations of this and other epidemiological studies that evaluate the risks of stimulant medications used to treat ADHD in children.
Yes, because we all know that reviewing the strengths and limitations of studies that evaluate risks are far more important then reviewing the strengths and limitations of the actual drugs the studies review.
Drug Companies 1 The People 0.

FDA and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality are sponsoring a large epidemiological study that will provide further information about the potential risks associated with stimulant medication use in children.

Is it just me, or should that have been a consideration BEFORE approving the stimulant medication!
Drug Companies 2 The People 0.

We all know how the games is played.
FDA

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I totally agree that they should be conducting studies on the drug before approving. They do this too quickly with most drugs, which in turn causes many class action lawsuits out of the stupidity of the fda and accepting research from the pharmaceutical companies. The pharmaceutical companies are known for "fudging" information. In fact, the medication I switched from recently (has nothing to do with adhd), I did research to come and find that the research they say they did were no studies conducted on long term effects or no studies conducted on whether it would harm the body more than it would help. Go figure. Always read the label insert they give you in the box, you'll be surprised of the information you find, they are betting on you not reading them or conducting your own research.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jziegler

What gets me going even more is that the FDA seem more intent on reviewing and testing the studies that point out flaw or problems with the medications.
The drug companies get the benefit of the doubt while the FDA check, of all things, the efficacy of the review, its strengths and limitations.
Drug company rolls on as per usual without having to answer to the studies until the FDA studies the studies to make sure they are studying the medications properly. A job, by the way, that the drug companies and the FDA should have completed properly in the very first instance.

This has huge potential.
I will try and keep an eye on this. These drugs have been doled out heavily so there should be no problem establishing a wide field, as the FDA point out, it will continue to do.

DA and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality are sponsoring a large epidemiological study that will provide further information about the potential risks associated with stimulant medication use in children.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Not surprising given the effects stimulants have on the circulatory system...

The other thing is, they simply should not be giving kids amphetamines and similar drugs...

Amphetamines are neuro-toxic if taken for prolonged periods, and one can only imagine the damage they do to the rapidly growing and changing brains of children and young adults...

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths big pharma will go to in order to justify its own existence and continued hold it has over many people in society

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All I have to say is do your own research.
If you read something about the medication you don't like, don't take it, ask your doctor for an alternative. Unfortanutley for the ones who can't change their life sustaining medication, my heart goes out to you, who only knows what they've done with those medications.

top topics

join