It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard dawkins vs william lane craig!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thanks blub blub

no i really do wanna hear your points

well do you not agree that athiest's have "faith" that what they believe is true?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

Okay cool.

So what in Atheism can be debunked, you seemed quite sure and I'm interested to hear your view.

Also I don't see Atheism as a matter of faith... It's a non-belief, how can it be faith-based?
If it were a belief then yes, one would need faith to believe or hope that it were true.

There are no rules or doctrines as far as Atheism goes... There is no evidence for god so to not believe in him requires no proof or belief and so on... it's like not believing in Father Christmas or whatever... not trying to be rude, but it's hard to explain or find examples.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
we will come to the debunked thing in a sec. BUT

haha

you believe atheism is true though? so how can it be a non belief?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Active disbelief is not a lack of belief. Especially when it is a belief actively offered in lew of another belief.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

Atheism is not a thing to be believed or not believed.....this is the point.
I don't believe in Atheism or believe Atheism to be true... Atheism is not like religion and this is where people get confused and they can't quite grasp the concept.

There is no God... that's it.
There is no proof of a god and up until this point in time, that is a fact.
Maybe Atheists will be proven wrong some day.... who knows?
But up until now, There is no god and no proof of god.

I can't really explain it to you man.... It's 130am and I'm finding it hard to just get simple points across to you... maybe it's you, maybe it's me.
But if you don't get the difference between a belief and a non-belief or just an opinion really, then I can't help you.

As you wont discuss what can be debunked in Atheism, Then I'm gonna got to bed man... It's too late to be playing back and forth games and for me to be wasting my time with.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
you know i've just about reached the point where i take philosophy and metaphysics forum off my favorites. creationism vs evolution is not a topic covered herein. here is the description for this particular forum in full:

This new AboveTopSecret.com forum is for the discussion of a wide range of non-religous topics: Consciousness, Mind, Epistemology, Psychology, Philosophy, Metaphysics, Self-Empowerment, Knowledge and also fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation. All in all this will be an \\\"intellectual & philosophical cafe\\\" with a focus on everything from mental relaxing and non-religious personal balance, to conspiracies and speculation related to influencing the mind.

if you want to debate the pros , cons, what have you of evolution or creationism do so in the science or religious conspiracies forum. please.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The statement "There is no god." is a expression of belief. Just as thrle statement "There is a god." is a statement of belief. Add all the special personal qualifiers to your belief you wish, doesn't change the fact that assuming the title "atheist" and saying that statement is an expression of belief.

Like I said active disbelief is NOT a lack of belief. A lack of belief requires that one has never considered the concept or whatever in question. I'm sorry your qualifiers keep you from seeing that.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
One of my issues with Dawkins and other atheist acolytes is its always open season on Christianity and Islam but they treat Judaism very gently . Don't get me wrong there are definitely majors issues with some secs Christianity and Islam .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join