It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru This, Nibiru That: STOP, You've been punked!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
You see it everyday, simply clicking on the recent posts page will undoubtedly list at least a few threads with this strange word contained within. At times, we see this 'Nibiru' character even make the front page. Nibiru (Nibru or Neberu in scholarly texts) is often called 'the same thing' as the hypothesized Planet X or Nemesis by the 2012 doomsdayers. Many times when you ask these posters questions, along the lines of 'how did you link 2012 with Nibiru?' or 'how do you know Nibiru is a planet?' they largely get ignored because answering them properly would not suite well with their ideal theory.

Nibiru is NOT a planet beyond Pluto.

Nibiru has NOTHING to do with 2012.

Nibiru therefore has NOTHING to do with any 'Annunaki Gods'.

ORIGINS OF TERMS

NIBIRU (the flawed definition): According to Zecharia Sitchin, the people of ancient Sumer were a ware of had knowledge of an extra planet which was further out than Pluto. Sitchin gives this planet the name, Nibiru. It is meant to pass through our solar system every 3600 years. Thats the jist of it.

2012/Nibiru/Planet X defenders use this as their main evidence. This is it, right there above, that one paragraph is all the proof they need, one mans flawed fictional story. I want it to be noted. This is not a thread which aims to dismiss the plausibility of an extra solar brown dwarf, sometimes labeled Planet X. This thread is meant to show the fallacy of using the term Nibiru in conjunction with the above, let alone associating mythological alien gods with it. Let's continue.

NIBRU/NEBERU (scholarly definition): In all extant Sumerian tablets the word 'nibiru' always means 'point of crossing'. Notice that this is an abstract (possibly dynamic) location, not an entity. Here are some extracts from various translations to draw on the proper meaning of the word:

[1] From the Epic of Gligamesh:

“Straight is the crossing point, and narrow is the way that leads to it.”

* Nibiru here is clearly identified as an actual location, a crossing point, a meeting point.

[2] Example:

An example from a text which deals with a ferry man who's job it is to ferry people across waters states: “shiqil kaspum sha ne-bi-ri-tim” once the passenger has paid to cross the water. It translates to 'silvers paid for the crossing'.

Notice the use of nebiri. In this case, it literally means to cross something.

[3] Example 3:

In one Akkadian text in reference to Aramean armies.

“A-ra-mu nakirma bab ni-bi-ri sha GN itsbat”

Which translates to: The Arameans were defiant and took up a position at the entrance to the ford [crossing point].

Again, a literal point of crossing, a point where one crosses/traverses.

A planet beyond Pluto which comes every 3600 years? Evidence?

PLANET, YES. SITCHIN, NO.

Nibiru was used as a term to define Jupiter at one stage and later to define Mercury. There were associated with the god, Marduk. Again, there is no reference anywhere, to any planet beyond Pluto. Why Mercury and Jupiter as places of crossing?

Both planets can be observed by the naked eye in a proper location. I don't think I need to question your logic in drawing the connection between observing Jupiter/Mercury and associating it with a point of crossing.

From Enuma Elish Tablet VII, line 126, 130-131

Ne-be-ru kakkabu- s\u
s\a ina s\ame, u-su-pu-u

Meaning:

“Nibiru is his [marduk’s] star, which he made appear in the heavens . . . [130-131] The stars of heaven, let him [Nibiru] set their course; let him shepherd all the gods like sheep.”

Again, this is referencing either Jupiter or Mercury as being Marduk's star. Jupiter appears like a bright star to the naked eye in a clear sky. There is no reference to Nibiru being any planet beyond Pluto. Further, there are no references to Nibiru being home to the intelligent Annunaki, anywhere..
***If you want to dispute me on the last two points, do not link 20 websites and tell us to look at the facts. I want you to simply link the passage from the tablet, its translation and who translated it. Simple.

But in saying that Nibiru is used in reference to a planet (Jupiter), it needs to be understood that Marduk was the star itself. Marduk was often called Nibiru, the star which is Jupiter.

From Tablet VII, Line 124/125 of the Enuma Elish (often cited by Sitchin's supporters):

Ne-be-ru ne-be-re-et same, u erseti lu tamehma

Translates to:

Let him/it [Nibiru/Marduk] be the holder of the crossing of heavens and earth.
(line 125: “. . . so that they [the heavens] cannot cross above and below, but must wait for him [Nibiru/Marduk]”

This is regarding Marduk and his honored position.

Nibiru/Marduk/Jupiter, the astronomical body itself isn’t doing the crossing, but marks or is positioned at a crossing point. Sitchin argues that Nibiru crosses through our solar system, that it is mobile, THE TEXTS DO NO SAY THIS, HE IS LYING. What Sitchin fails to note aswell is that Nibiru is seen every year, so his 3600 year theory is bunk.

1) Nibiru is called a star.
2) Nibiru is called a planet – nearly always Jupiter-Marduk, but once Mercury, and never anything beyond Pluto or the known planets.
3) The Sumerians, by their own records, knew of only five planets (and accepted the sun and moon as planets).
4) Nibiru is never mentioned in any respect with the Anunnaki; it is never said to have been or be inhabited.
5) Nibiru is both a “fixed star” in some relationship to constellations (whether a member or just in proximity is unknown) that “holds” them in their courses, but is also described as “changing position” and “crossing” the sky at times.
6) Nibiru was seen every year, which demolishes Sitchin’s view of a 3600 year cycle for it. 1

All those claiming that they are certain of the arrival of Nibiru in 2012 and the destruction of Earth have NO BASIS for such a belief. But, its their choice. The proper translations are available for those that want to read them and not be suckered into Sitchins money making fables. I didn't spend much time addressing Nibiru's silly association with 2012 because it should become more evident that there is absolutely no relationship just by reviewing the evidence in this thread. Just to further bury Sitchin, he claimed his mythical Nibiru would come in 2003... obviously it didn't come, because it isn't the planet which he claims it to be.

Well... it's here if anyone is interested.

Nibiru cultists, your opinions are more than welcome.

xml.coverpages.org...
www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
sitchiniswrong.com...

[edit on 21/4/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Excellent thread, very well researched and presented.

The only problem is....You are making sense!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/894e497a3c9a.gif[/atsimg]

But think of all the dreams you are crushing with your revelations.

Think of the children....please...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Great thread, even if it won't shut anyone up. There is one error though, Sitchin did not predict that Nibiru would return in 2003. That was a prediction made by the website ZetaTalk who had originally predicted it would return in 1999. If memory serves me right, Sitchin's prediction is that it will return sometime around 2085.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Oh man not another Nibiru thread. Or should I say Nibru.

What peeves me the most is when people try link it to the myan clander end date. The myans say nothing of the sort but had their calander hijacked to support budding authors with just about any crackpot theory one can think of. In line with my signature im not ready to rule out the chances there is such a planet/dwarf/whatever called by somebody as Nibiru somewhere in the universe. But jumping to the conclusion thats its coming back to our solar system in 2012 (or worse saying its whats 2012 is all about) has been one conspiracy that I never liked in the first place, it just didnt resonate. Ive given it a fair chance and I still think its grasping at straws. Personally, I think in 2012 some strange celestial body in the sky will be the least of our concerns, perhaps the collaplse of nations or ufo's will relegate it to the "so what" basket IF it does even ever come from its majical hiding place. Im sick of hearing begginer truthers blarring their mouth about like its the only thing thats gonna happen in the next few years worth talking about. Even if I see 100% proof one day, Im still gonna be like "so what, I have bigger fish to fry"

[edit on 21-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by serbsta

Great thread, even if it won't shut anyone up. There is one error though, Sitchin did not predict that Nibiru would return in 2003. That was a prediction made by the website ZetaTalk who had originally predicted it would return in 1999. If memory serves me right, Sitchin's prediction is that it will return sometime around 2085.

I stand corrected.

The date of 2003 was proposed by Nany Leider in 1995.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sitchin's actual date of 2085 is still a total and utter lie based on the evidence above and much more available in the links I've presented. His fundamental premise is totally flawed.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hang on you sure they only knew of five plantes counting sun and moon. I thought they spoke of 12, may have been disinfo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b57bc3232348.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks like more than five on their scrolls. I find it amazing they put the sun in the centre thousands of years before copernicus, a great case of "devolution"

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
Hang on you sure they only knew of five plantes counting sun and moon. I thought they spoke of 12, may have been disinfo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b57bc3232348.jpg[/atsimg]

They never spoke of 12.

That image is the Berlin Seal, used by Sitchin as one of his main tools to try and prove his theory, problem is, that isn't the Sun there in the centre, if we are to go by how the Sumerians depicted the Sun everywhere else but somehow decided to depict it here differently. It isn't the Sun and therefore that isn't a heliocentric system.

The Sumerian symbol for the Sun is a circle, four triangles for rays and squiggly lines protruding between the triangles. Looks like this:

www.redicecreations.com...

This was the symbol that was used for the Sun:

img59.imageshack.us...
www.historel.net...

So what is being depicted in the Berlin Seal? Most likely stars, with one of them being brighter than the rest, you can take your pick as to which one fits. I usually side with Jupiter.

But no, it isn't the Sun.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

That's not the Sumerian symbol for Sun. Also, on every seal or calendar that has been found they only mention five planets. Furthermore, that seal has nothing to do with astronomy. Of course, Sitchin never mentions any of this and pretty much bases his entire theory out of that seal.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

You see it everyday, simply clicking on the recent posts page will undoubtedly list at least a few threads with this strange word contained within.

Yup, and for everyone of those threads there is a thread to debunk it.

lolpunked

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Geez the missinfo is rampent on this, I remember some long convoluted explanation about interpretations being wrong. Thanks for clearing that one up.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Excellent thread Serbsta

Very well researched, thought out and argued

Wonder where the "Niburu is coming to kill us all" crowd is today

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
But what about the Nibiru that has the aliens on it and is coming to destroy the world in 2012????

Just kidding, well written, star and flag for you.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
great thread. It's even caused me to update my signature!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Nibiru is not Planet X/Nemesis

Nibiru however is some guff the New Age made up whilst on mushrooms.....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I always thought that Setchin was vague about the return date. For some reason I thought it last passed earth in 1200 BC, which would put the return in 2400 AD. Sitchin has a new book coming out next month, maybe he'll address the 2012 issue.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Originally posted by RonNasty
I always thought that Setchin was vague about the return date. For some reason I thought it last passed earth in 1200 BC, which would put the return in 2400 AD. Sitchin has a new book coming out next month, maybe he'll address the 2012 issue.

It really doesn't matter about what date he says Nibiru will come. Have you read the opening post? Nibiru is not what he claims it to be therefore any statements in regards to it 'arriving' do not make any sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
ANSWER THIS:

1. WHY IS GOOGLE SKY BLOCKED?

2.WHY IS WISKI SKY BLOCKED ALL SIGTHS ARE ON THE SAME DECLANATION

3. WHY ARE ALL NASA SIGHTS BLOCKED

4.WHY IS SOHO OFF LINE

5.WHATS WITH ALL THE MAJORE QUAKES

6 THE POLLS MOVING 200 MILES

7 SEVERE WEATHER

8.VOLCANOS GOING OFF

9.INCREASED UFO ACTIVITY

10. ALL COUNTRYS IN THE WORLD BUILDING UNDERGROUND SHELTERS
AND SEED VAULTS
AND ONLY THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT THE ANCIENTS, ALL RELIGIONS SPEAK OF THE DARK STAR. THE BIBLE, KOLBRIN BIBLE,ENOCH,SUMARIANS,EGYPTIANS,MAYON,
HOPI,AZTEC,ABORIGINI,AND THE PETROGYLPHS FOUND ONLY IN THE HIGH PLACES OF THE WORLD DEPICTING THE SAME FIGURE A SPIRAL 7 PLANETS AND THE HORNED DESTROYER,AND NO THEY DIDN'T HAVE FAX MACHINES TO SEND COPIES OF THE SAME FIGURE CARVED AROUND THE WORLD. THEY ALL SAW THE SAME THING.

AGIAN WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT EARTH HAS A BIANARY TWIN
80% OF THE NORM IN OUR GALAXY IS BIANARY OUR TRIANARY SYSTEMS.

THE RABBITS HOLE .COM SHUT DOWN LUCAS HAD AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF METERIAL AND ALL WAS 100% TRUTH.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Nibiru is NOT a planet beyond Pluto.

Nibiru has NOTHING to do with 2012.

Nibiru therefore has NOTHING to do with any 'Annunaki Gods'.

NIBRU/NEBERU (scholarly definition): In all extant Sumerian tablets the word 'nibiru' alwaysalways means 'point of crossing'. Notice that this is an abstract (possibly dynamic) location, not an entity. Here are some extracts from various translations to draw on the proper meaning of the word:

From Enuma Elish Tablet VII, line 126, 130-131

Ne-be-ru kakkabu- s\u
s\a ina s\ame, u-su-pu-u

Meaning:

“Nibiru is his [marduk’s] star, which he made appear in the heavens . . . [130-131] The stars of heaven, let him [Nibiru] set their course; let him shepherd all the gods like sheep.”

?"point of crossing is his star, which he made appear in the heavens...
the stars of heaven, let point of crossing set their own course; let point of crossing shepard all gods like sheep."
Again, this is referencing either Jupiter or Mercury as being Marduk's star. Jupiter appears like a bright star to the naked eye in a clear sky. There is no ref

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RonNasty

Great thread Serbsta. I did something similar a couple of years ago where I uncovered the same info.

And RonNasty, Sitchin did propose a date, and I think it was somewhere around 2030 ish or so. Again, not even linked to 2012. There were also other dates from various Nibiru cults, such as 1998, 2000, 2005 (alos 2003, as was mentioned before

S & F

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

And let's not forget that if is to count the "dots" on the Berlin Seal as being bodies of our solar system we have 13 and not 12.

12 on the left side with the left guy looking at them and then one near the middle which the other two guys are looking at.

I still find this seal interesting to say the least. And in my humble opinion using the argument that the Sumerian didn't use to depict the sun by how it is in the Berlin seal is somewhat of a weak argument without knowing the circumstances or by whom and when it was made.

Anyways...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join