It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many obsurd threads

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think that this thread is ABSURD.

Can you provide a link to a thread that you think is obsurd?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I'm with you. Nonsense posters dont want to hear logic, they just want attention. They get it here in spades. And a bit of a free pass. Remember, ANY traffic is INCOME for the site owners whether it makes sense or not. This is a pale image of a site that this was even a year ago. But income...well that trumps reason and sometimes integrity. In my own opinion of course. I dont own the site, I can only comment on what I see.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Here's a pure speculation post but I am noticing some very strange threads suddenly, just overnight, literally. I'm not going to list them, because I don't like being rude to anyone, however, they don't sound like normal conspiracy threads, they're written with poorer grammar, almost like a bad parody of ats posters, like the way the government wants the public is attracted to conspiracies.

They range form personal conspiracies about families to unusual personal paranormal experiences, not the normal kind, not representing the enormous range of experiences, or conspiracies normally presented.

And this is on the same day someone is calling for a culling of threads, on the real issues, 9/11, and government conspiracies and personal experiences.

I really do sense a bunch of government employees, fbi agents and whatever you want to call them just descended with an agenda to control threads that are good and to try and downgrade the site.

There is my speculation on what is suddenly, overnight, going on.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I rarely make it a point to put in my two cents but in this case I must. The OP suggested that MODS be given the power to CENSOR the material that the users submit.

Technically, we do have the POWER to do this, but we don't have the DESIRE (we're members too, we don't want to censor anyone), nor the MANPOWER (how many mods to approve EVERY thread) to do so. Such a thing would go against the very grain of what this site stands for.

If someone wants to don a tin foil hat, sit in his mom's basement, and post about a conversation with the Ashtar Command, well, that's the member's prerogative. It's up to us as members to weed out what we think is "absurd"....not for someone else to decide for us...

After all, how would you define the criteria for an "absurd" thread? A very slippery slope indeed....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The scent of a facist.
An ambitious facist will cry and wail against competitors, he will have them hung if he is a powerful facist.
And when all the rubbish is removed, his pure words and ideals will fill every mind, and all will shout "we are glad that we have nothing to say" God bless Franco.
Play the game , we are all players here , we dont want to be followers.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
it is funny how people take whatever they want or think a thread is saying. I simply stated NOT TO CENSOR people but to kick the garbage threads to the curb, combine the 1000 similar threads, things like this. I do not believe in censorship, but people say the government are brainwashing people but infact we are brainwashing our own kind. Threads that are not well researched or conducted in an intelligent manner have no place for serious conspiracy theorists.

That is all this post was about. But of course people just hear and read what they want to read.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join