It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Insurers Seek Double-Digit Premium Rate Increases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I posted this thread, but the title doesn't give it justice, nor is it the topic of this thread...
Judge denies insurers' request for injunction

So I started this thread instead, where the topic is:

Health Insurers Seek Double-Digit Premium Rate Increases for Tens of Thousands

Suffolk Superior Court Judge Stephen E. Neel today denied a request by six health insurers to allow them to implement double-digit premium rate increases for tens of thousands of small businesses and individuals. The legal battle was touched off by the insurance division's recent decision to deny most proposed rate increases submitted by insurers for health plans covering individuals and small businesses. In response to the rejections, a half-dozen health insurers filed a lawsuit against the state seeking to reverse the decision by the insurance commissioner to block double-digit premium increases - a ruling they say could leave them with hundreds of millions in losses this year.

In a statement today, Patrick said: "I appreciate the court's decision. It's a welcome decision for small businesses and working families who need immediate relief from excessive and unreasonable increases in their health care costs." An insurance industry spokesman said that he was still studying the decision and had no immediate comment.

Filing the suit were Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts, the state's largest health insurer, and the five commercial members of the Massachusetts Association of Health Plans: Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Tufts Health Plan, Fallon Community Health Plan, Health New England, and Neighborhood Health Plan. All are nonprofit carriers.

NONPROFIT carrier? MY A$$...

Heath Care is now mandated, and Insurers not only look for loopholes - one of which they announced the discovery of being their not having to cover children with preexisting conditions - but now they are trying to raise the rates of their clients by double digit inflation! When they can't get a gullible client to comply, it's sent to the courts.

And this bull about these entities being nonprofit? 'nonprofit' so they don't have to pay taxes as a corporation?

Last year the salary and bonus paid to Cleve L. Killingsworth, the CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts, increased 26 percent to $3.5 million, even though the health insurer's membership declined and its net income fell 49 percent.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS !!!

Obama's Domestic Policy: Tax the people, don't tax the business...

He, his agendas, his cronie and outlaw friends, those that support him and his criminality...

ALL CAN GO TO [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cad87e2c3ec1.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think soon it will be like a fire sale all over, especially when that forced HC is started, unless it gets repealed hopefully.
Obama's radical agenda is most likely going to cause a a fire sale in america on everything very soon, just wait til that hc kicks in and mandatory, and when people start getting fined for not getting it, people might want to get a hold of bullet proof vests before this happens.....

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Even if that judge refused them, I've seen reports from all over the US stating that people had received letters from their health care insurers, saying that their premium rates were being raised by as high as 30%... they received the letter the week the health care bill passed.

But eh guess what? Even if this unconstitutional law is repealed, the health care insurers will still have robbed the american people of billions of dollars in raises! Will Obama and congress personnal fortunes pay you back for this? Of course not!

YOU'VE BEEN HAD!

new topics

join