It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA report into shoring up Afghan war support in Western Europe, 11 Mar 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This classified CIA analysis from March, outlines possible PR-strategies to shore up public support in Germany and France for a continued war in Afghanistan. After the dutch government fell on the issue of dutch troops in Afghanistan last month, the CIA became worried that similar events could happen in the countries that post the third and fourth largest troop contingents to the ISAF-mission. The proposed PR strategies focus on pressure points that have been identified within these countries. For France it is the sympathy of the public for Afghan refugees and women. For Germany it is the fear of the consequences of defeat (drugs, more refugees, terrorism) as well as for Germany's standing in the NATO. The memo is an recipe for the targeted manipulation of public opinion in two NATO ally countries, written by the CIA. It is classified as Confidential / No Foreign Nationals.

file....__._/file/cia-afghanistan.pdf

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorry dude but I am sure there is an existing thread on this topic. I will try and find it.

Edit to add:
Hmm, maybe I am mistaken and I was thinking of this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could have sworn I had read a thread the same as this before, sorry OP.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

Edit to add again. OK this: www.abovetopsecret.com... IS the thread I was thinking of and it is the same document I think.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is just disgusting. It really shows how little they actually think of us. This constant manipulation of the citizens by their government is injustice and needs to be stopped.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I know dude, they manipulate people all over the world and the general populous either know nothing about it or can't be bothered to complain.

I am just as guilty, I have read hundreds of stories of cloak and dagger activities against the general public but I do squat about it

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I know I read this on ATS already but I cant find the thread.

But you're right, they not only manipulate people but have entire divisions devoted to psychological warfare.

Know the old phrase 'winning their hearts and minds' might as well be called Goebbels Ministry of Propaganda.

The entire point of psychological warfare is to elicit certain response/reaction to desired outcome, to simply, control people subversive, ie. them not knowing youre controlling them.

Its really just advanced form of marketing - Know your audience - Know your product - Know yourself. Find out what they want and sell it to them!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

For Germany it is the fear of the consequences of defeat (drugs, more refugees, terrorism) as well as for Germany's standing in the NATO. The memo is an recipe for the targeted manipulation of public opinion in two NATO ally countries, written by the CIA. It is classified as Confidential / No Foreign Nationals.

Sorry but what? fear of more drugs?

Well hello

NATO supports drugs warlords, one example is how they didnt like the Russian deal to cut or burn the poppy fields.

new topics

top topics

join