It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWB supporters want declaration of war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

AWB supporters want declaration of war

www.iol.co.za

AWB members and supporters of Eugene Terre'Blanche waited around the church dressed in khaki and army fatiges. Many said they were just there to pay their respects to Terre'Blanche but others seemed convinced that the AWB will today declare war against the ANC and Malema.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Its amazing how fast things can change, one day everything is going well and then next day one big event happens and everyone starts airing their true feelings....

Guess you can only push ppl so far...

Wonder were this will go, but i guess we will find out soon, I just hope Government makes an announcement soon to resolve this entire issue... Not hear much from them lately

www.iol.co.za

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

Its amazing how fast things can change, one day everything is going well and then next day one big event happens and everyone starts airing their true feelings....

Wonder were this will go, but i guess we will find out soon, I just hope Government makes an announcement soon to resolve this entire issue... Not hear much from them lately

www.iol.co.za

I understand if black people are pissed off, but the South African whites acting as victims is disgusting the least..

The blacks in South Africa had suffered directly due to the silence of the White minority whose leaders continued the injustice.

Now it is your turn, until the next generation grows up, the whites in SA must suffer the same way black people suffered. Under the silence of black communities..

What goes around comes around.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

lol how can you say that, thats just childish.... yes i understand that the blacks went through a though time, but does that mean that the whites that were not involved in it must suffer? Im all for giving blacks power and giving them education so they can catch up, and even giving them land so they can start farms and so on.

Dont you think that its just going to become a circle till one group decided to grow up and rather put SA as a country 1st rather than trying to get payback for what happened in the past

[edit on 9-4-2010 by bluedrake]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Its about time! They should have done it decades ago! The supposed equality has been a disaster. They didn't just steal the whites farms etc. but instead of working them and making a living they destroyed most of them.

Maybe they can become an example to Americans to stop taking it in the rear!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

lol how can you say that, thats just childish.... yes i understand that the blacks went through a though time, but does that mean that the whites that were not involved in it must suffer? Im all for giving blacks power and giving them education so they can catch up, and even giving them land so they can start farms and so on.

Dont you think that its just going to become a circle till one group decided to grow up and rather put SA as a country 1st rather than trying to get payback for what happened in the past

[edit on 9-4-2010 by bluedrake]

Without justice South Africa won't move forward, because people won't forget that quickly.. When Mandela took power, he didn't want justice, he just wanted peace.. No Justice No Peace..

I don't believe it will work, that is exactly why even after all the forgiveness from mandela's part, there is still "beef".

Hope you understand.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I understand about justice but at the same time we learn from our mistakes....

Getting Justice will just create a circle and the next generation will then want to get the blacks back for getting justice on the whites, and so on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Getting Justice will just create a circle and the next generation will then want to get the blacks back for getting justice on the whites, and so on and on and on.

No justice doesn't mean revenge, revenge is an act based on emotions which are irrational.. If we are talking about revenge, then that is when the cycle is born, hence Israeli/Palestinian situation.

Justice is when you bring all the perpetrator to account, all those who were involved in the atrocities against the black people should be held accountable.. And punished accordingly..

People are still angry, and you can't question their anger because you haven't been in their shoes.. You haven't been through this :
en.wikipedia.org...

The worst thing about it is that the white community didn't question the injustice.. If they did and I didn't hear it, please notify me because I'm not the all knowing..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I notice you noticed me (your quote of the month)... thank you muchly

Although i don't think we agree on this particular topic ;-)

Your views on South Africa are heavily biased by mainstream. Mandela is nohing more than a modern day fairy tale for the western liberals to feel all fuzzy inside.

Apartheid was wrong, fact. But you demand that:
"all those who were involved in the atrocities against the black people should be held accountable.. And punished accordingly.."

Agreed. But what if i said that the worst atrocities were by the ANC, against the ANC members? Do a search on "Quatro", an ANC camp. Where people who become govt ministers were said to have tortured and killed many of their own members.

This issue was raised in the Truth and Reconciliation Comision hearings in Regina Mundi Church, Soweto. Depite the accusations against those ANC leaders, the story did not reach the airwaves, despite several journalists in attendance. I was there as witness.

I find it curious that the ANC are able to claim such high moral ground, when they have NEVER been a moral, nor ethical organisation. When Eugene Terreblanche assaulted a petrol station attendant, he paid the price and served prison time. As is right.

However the constant crime and corruption of the current govt is even more detrimental to the poor of the country. Malema is currently being investigated for 114 million rand worth of municiple contracts to a company in which he is a director. He has consistently lied about his ties to the company, despite making a lot of money from there. One contract involved the rebuilding of a bridge in an impoverished community. The bridge lasted less than a month.

We are hoping for similar justice, but the ANC has made it clear that they and their members are not subject to the laws of the land.

Farm atacks continue unabated, with the govt actively working against safety for these families. We have been relegated to 2nd class citizens. While you may feel it "just" ... i would like to think we as a country (as a planet) had gotten over such stupidity. But apparently not.

Apartheid got what it deserved. The ANC will reap the same.

OT: can we please consolidate SA threads? there are too many to keep up with.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Another mis-informed, bigoted, mass-media slave, easily led, and now easily chided. Probably scared to go out and see the world because "there be dragons" everwhere. I certainly know you've never been to South Africa

Say the words "white south african" and it's nazis and slaves, torture and death.

Man I challenge all of you to just come and meet the citizenry or at least follow the history a little bit closer.

The only thing thats bugging me more than all the racist rhetoric flying around now. Are comments like these that give credence to the absolute crap thats been the news lately.

If people the world over thought this way (which i'm still hoping they don't) and there ever was some sort of race war the blood would be on your hands too for openly advocating the kind of ignorance that leads the violent to action.

You have no peace in your heart
You can sanction life and death from your comfy armchair.
You don't know what you are talking about
You disgust me.

-If you feel my words are harsh it may be i'm cranky this morning.
But the words are as the world is.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

www.iol.co.za

I understand if black people are pissed off, but the South African whites acting as victims is disgusting the least..

The blacks in South Africa had suffered directly due to the silence of the White minority whose leaders continued the injustice.

Now it is your turn, until the next generation grows up, the whites in SA must suffer the same way black people suffered. Under the silence of black communities..

What goes around comes around.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by oozyism]

Because of your lack of actual knowledge, your North American Indian name shall be "One Without Clue" or maybe "Dances With Confusion."

The amount of black on black violence used as terror based extortion of soft targets by the ANC is unconscionable, it's obscene by orders of magnitude over what the "white afrikaner" perpetrated. And I've seen it, I've witnessed necklacings, I've seen women and their babies blown apart or cut in half by "betties" and IED's, I've seen the stupidity of terrorists trying to get through 3000 volt fences on the orders of their superiors, only to get cooked. I've seen the results of hacking and burning deaths by ANC supporters because a black moderate family that only wanted to be left alone, told them "they wanted to be left alone.".

Now we have a new wave of terror in South Africa. The wave caused by this supposed "justice" through "entitlement." No, don't work for anything, just take, their entitled... BS! And if you don't want to give something because you worked for it, well it doesn't matter that you were born post apartheid, the ANC supporters and goons gonna kill you and rape your wife and kids anyway.

The ANC (which was supported by other Marxists like the UN and IMF) isn't about justice, it's about greed, power, control, nepotism and despotism. It works exactly the same way any tribal chief works in Africa. Zuma happens to be the alpha dog right now, but he's still just a dog, as all political entities are and generally will be until the end of time.

If the people who support the ANC wants justice, they need look no further than their leaders to extract it as they are the ones who are driving up food prices by killing the farmers and then allowing the farms to fall into disrepair (farms taken over have an 87% failure rate). They can thank the ANC for removing qualified tradesman and engineers so that the jobs could take four times as long to complete driving up utilities and petrol prices (AA and BEE). They can thank the ANC for putting people in government that couldn't find their ass if they were sitting on it with both hands, who slow the system down to a snails pace in order to pull out as much graft and bribery as possible (AA and BEE). Blame the ANC for instituting stupidity through entitlement programs like AA and BEE.

The NP party wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, it was full of corrupt organs, but it was orders of magnitude better than the ANC.

Now One Without Clue, do some research before you make statements or provide opinion on something to which you appear to know nothing about.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 4/9.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thing is, that the death of Eugene Terre'Blanche has nothing to do with the past. He was a white supremacist in THIS decade, not years ago.He wasnt some spectre from the past, he was a threat and a destabiliser in THIS time. He wanted to return to a time where he could kill , rape, and humiliate black people . He wanted a return to a time when he and others like himself could own everything they saw even those areas which might once have been territories inhabited by native peoples. He wanted back the power that he saw his ancestors had over persons he considered to be less than human. He saw black folks as being an underclass, less than muck on his shoes. His supporters believe the same, and that is unacceptable.
Of course it is JUST as unacceptable when black folks, muslims, jews, and others display xenophobic thought. I think however that if the AWB go looking for a fight over this, they are going to get gutted, and left to die in the street. Personaly since I am vehmently opposed to white supremacy of every stripe, I cant wait to see the news report.. think it will go like this "Bunch of idiot xenophobes go to war, get turned to mush".

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

This kind of irresponsible logic is what leads to race wars and oppression by one group over the other. You CANNOT fight racism with racism.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

No you cant. Thats why white folks who arent bigoted xenophobes should have been the ones to kill ET.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Thing is, that the death of Eugene Terre'Blanche has nothing to do with the past. He was a white supremacist in THIS decade, not years ago.He wasnt some spectre from the past, he was a threat and a destabiliser in THIS time.

ET was a white supremacist we know. But he was broken a looong time ago, he was broken even before going to jail for assault. The Nats broke him even before they handed over govt to the ANC. With the controveresy surrounding Janey allen, the Bop fiasco, the falling off horses and the WTC. ET had become essentially harmless. We know his phiosophies were not but the man was. And as we've all seen killing him has had a more profound impact destabilising the country than leaving him alone. Especially in the context of a race row that was essentiailly created and sustained by an ANC front man.

He wanted to return to a time where he could kill , rape, and humiliate black people . He wanted a return to a time when he and others like himself could own everything they saw even those areas which might once have been territories inhabited by native peoples.

Says you and Louis Theroux. All he wanted was the free-state. Again he was dreaming, its not gonna happen. Hiss dream of a Volkstaad would never come true. but In a way I think it's sad, I think the rest of the world would have liked the Boere if they had just been allowed to exist in the secular way that many other cultures are allowed. Not all Afrikaaners are Boeres like I said in another thread. Afrikaaners will reamain a central part of the country no matter what. If he had gotten his Volkstaad he would have been regarded as a modernised version of the Amnish or whatever other groups decide to stick to their own.

He wanted back the power that he saw his ancestors had over persons he considered to be less than human. He saw black folks as being an underclass, less than muck on his shoes. His supporters believe the same, and that is unacceptable.

He wasn't a total idiot he knew he could never conquer africa. But he sees himself as an affrican tribe. So he wants his own homeland. Much as apartheid Govt granted homelands to many other South African tribes. As a matter of fact he would have approved of a system that made his free-state much the same way as the Transkei or Lesotho during apartheid.

Of course it is JUST as unacceptable when black folks, muslims, jews, and others display xenophobic thought. I think however that if the AWB go looking for a fight over this, they are going to get gutted, and left to die in the street. Personaly since I am vehmently opposed to white supremacy of every stripe, I cant wait to see the news report.. think it will go like this "Bunch of idiot xenophobes go to war, get turned to mush".

Again do not under-estimate the normal Afrikaner. If this had to escalate to something resembling a total #storm then the Afrikaners would galvanise even if they did not agree with the AWB. Numbers would eventually overwhelm especially since support internationally would be minimum but they would hold there own nonetheless.

And no I'm not Afrikaans, not any more than I am English or dutch at least.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by da_ruse]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
"Bunch of idiot xenophobes go to war, get turned to mush".

Xenophobes perhaps, but they are some of the fiercest fighters in history. Google "The Battle of Blood River", those same native attacks decimated the British troops.

The boers invented guerilla warfare, and were only defeated by the British after the combination of a scorched earth policy and the first use of concentration camps containing the fighter's wives and children.

If you research 20th century war history, the South African "boer" military has always been regarded as amongst the best in the world, army, navy and airforce.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the white population turns on their black rulers en masse, South Africa is in for a very bad time. White Flight is already crippling the country, as the well educated and wealthy leave SA in droves, I know, because I work with many of them here in the US, the country that most seem to choose.

I think the only saving grace here is that the numbers of hard core AWB supporters is very low, much like say neo-nazi groups in the US.

They can certainly cause trouble, but mostly they are a spent force, the majority of white south africans know their place, and suffer the inevitable backlash to decades of apartheid in silence.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

It seems we are forgetting the fact that the injustice was in the Apartheid law and at the same time trying to change the topic, blaming the black against black violence.

This argument is so widespread now.. Like for example, Iraqi's kill more Iraqis than Americans.

Or Americans has killed way more Americans than all terrorist attacks combined..

etc..

We are talking about the unjust rule and inequality which existed racially in South Africa.. The perpetrator should have been punished.

I believe due to lack of punishment the ANC has the balls to bring the same Apartheid rule but this time in favour of blacks..

Punishments are used as lessons to future generations. That I thought would be obvious to any one and everyone..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by oozyism

This kind of irresponsible logic is what leads to race wars and oppression by one group over the other. You CANNOT fight racism with racism.

Yeah it is easy for you to say, but if you were the one who was suffering under the Apartheid rule, then surely you would be in a different standing ground right now.. But then again everyone is different.

I'm talking in regards to Black South Africans, they are pissed off, what White South Africans need to do is calm them down, problem solved. But when White people act like the victim, that will piss the black even more.

Every problem has a solution, if you won't accept the solution that is your fault.

new topics

top topics

join