It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic League president: Priests aren’t pedophiles, molesting children is ‘what gays do’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

n another coup for the seemingly part-time political pundit Bill Donohue, CNN broadcast on Tuesday a conversation about the Catholic church's thousands of pedophilia scandals that would be awkward to even over-hear in public, let alone broadcast nation-wide.

That's because Donohue, who presides over the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, decided to take the matter of a 14-year-old's sexual abuse to a level of technicality where none of his fellow contributors really cared to tread.

Objecting to the term "pedophilia" being used to describe the rampant claims of children being sexually abused by priests and nuns, Donohue instead called the acts "homosexuality," later suggesting "that's what gays do."

I'm not surprised that Mr. Donohue would try and spin this controversy into something other than what it is; a criminal matter that should be handled in the courts the same as any other citizen that runs afoul of the law. Preferential treatment for Priest must end...now!

I think it's despicable for Mr. Donohue to dismiss the damage done to the victims.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wow just, wow.

I really am quite shocked that this Mr. Donohue guy is pulling out the ''gay card''. Is it just me or are people starting to see a pattern where Catholic Priest are using the Gay agenda as a scapegoat for their own wrong doings?

God would be double facepalming himself if he was to read this.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Good catch

Wonder how many folks will turn on the mute button just because there was a rebuttal in the MSM? We can't really expect the general public to take much note of this because we've been shown legal trickery in our entertainment for years and consider it to be normal. The obvious BS factor of his position is hysterical, not funny or humorous if you catch my drift.

gj

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

To me this sounds like a search for a scapegoat to blame for the priests pedophilia. Just another way to shirk personal responsibility and organized, institutional corruption and criminal activity on the part of the Catholic Church.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan_The_Maori

God would be double facepalming himself if he was to read this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38a6aac9525e.jpg[/atsimg]

Someone needs to put a muzzle on that Donohue idiot!

He's doing more harm than good shooting his fat mouth off like that.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I was in another forum a few minutes ago, and someone there summed it up very well, imo, by saying that the Roman church is finished if it doesn't apologise. No 'ifs' and 'buts'. Just a straight-out, no-excuses apology

The poster put it in perspective by pointing out that a major pizza chain issued abject public apology for a bad pizza !

Apologies alone won't be enough to save the Roman church, though (that's if it ever grasps that this is the 21st century, not the 12th

It will need to be seen to be handing over its paedophiles to the law and to proffer whatever evidence its been hiding away

And it will need to be seen to be implementing a new, transparent system behind which no paedophile will ever again be able to lurk

Which will mean a much-needed Spring-clean throughout the entire Roman Catholic edifice, including of course, the Vatican

and a monster garage-sale to divest the Roman church of its obscene wealth, which should then be placed in the hands of independent bodies for swift distribution amongst those who gave it to the church in the first place (most of them poor)

Time for the Roman church to walk the talk ... time for sackcloth and ashes and some genuine ministry

and time for allegedly celibate men in frocks to humbly apologise for ever presuming to tell non-celibate followers how to conduct their private lives

and that's just for a start ...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think Bill Donohue is a paedophile. He's always the first one to stand up and make excuses for all the other child molesters in his church, and I think there's a reason behind it.

I mean think about it, what would your reaction be if you found out that someone you know, maybe even a good friend, was a paedophile? Tell the families of his victims that it wasn't paedophilia, it was "just what gays do"? Remind them that it was a long time ago and since they were too traumatized to come forward immediately, it doesn't count? Or how about, "hey, if there's grass on the field, play ball!" to paraphrase his latest comments.

If my best friend was a paedophile and I just found out, I'd have to go to the police or at least try and have him involuntarily committed. And if people started to accuse him, although I couldn't apologise for him, I certainly wouldn't try and rationalize his actions or belittle the situation of the victims.

The only reason I can come up with for Bill Donohue and other ranking members of the church to do this, is that they too have something to hide. Only a paedophile would try and conceal and downplay the actions of another paedophile.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Not to get all scientific or factual here but...

Pedophiles...as determined by research from the psychological community...are stunted in thier sexual development. They are essentially children in thier sexual maturity reconciling that maturity level with an adult physicality and the drives associated with an adult. they prey on children because they are sexual cowards in the adult world and children are vulnerable and are less likely to challenge them.

Gay people...are not developmentally stunted...just Gay.

Strangely enough studies have shown that the vast majority of pedophiles are drawn to same sex children...while at the same time preferring opposite sex adults.

In short, by definition, Pedophiles are not Gay and vice-versa. two different things entirely.

The church lends itself to creating pedophiles because of vows of chastisty and a policy of viewing sexuality as a sin obstructs it's students and clergy from growing and maturing naturally with regards to sexual/emotional development.

That disconnect... a childs stunted sexual maturity level in an adults body...is a psychological mark of a pedophile...and the catholic seminary by it's very policies regarding sex creates a climate for budding pedophiles.

The subject kinda creeps me out, but I was sitting with a few pshychologists discussing it once and it made sense. I think that distinction is important to understand given how often people assume pedophilia is an expression of homosexuality...it is not.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
First of all, Bill Donohue is an idiot. He parades his fat, hypocritical ass on any show desperate enough to give him airtime. He represents all that is wrong with the Catholic rank and file today.

I know because I am a Catholic.

This isn't the first time a Catholic spokesman has desperately attempted to paint the child abuse scandal as a "gay problem," because, in their sick, delusional minds, they think it excuses the Church's role in this mess. The church goes out of it's way to characterize homosexuality as an evil force and so, if the scandal is a result of the deviant behavior, the Catholic Hierarchy feel somehow vindicated.

Yeah, the logic is ridiculous but that never stopped Church Leadership in the past.

But if Donohue is correct, then the question must be asked, why would Catholic Bishops (one of whom became POPE) assume the role of gay pimps by serving up fresh parishes full of young boys to be molested by reassigning (without warning) the pervert priests to new locations.

These old, insulated and irrelevant pitiful men just don't get this. It's not going away. Your flock is not as stupid as you all think we are. Well except for fat Bill the Catholic Butt Boy.

He is dumber than you could possibly imagine.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Avamarguy]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How odd i was just discussing this very thing with a gay friend of mine last night at work.

I was relating a story of a post i made on here regarding pedophiles and boyscouts and how it seemed a few of the people who replied to my posts seemed to almost take pity on these creeps and offer up some sort of pitiful reasoning behind what they do. He likewise was posting ablog regarding the very same thing as i was relating my story. His was in regards to the catholic priests but same issue with a co blogger making excuses for pedophiles.

In the conversation we had i told him that what he doesnt realize is that alot of these guys in the catholic church really focus more on the homosexual act of what these guys are doing and not so much as to the fact its criminal and with a child. They let these guys confess their sins and repent and then just take them at their word they wont ever do it again. Move them around so its hushed up and well just pray it wont happen again. After all isnt the fact they have jesus in their lives suppose to make them born again and a new person in the spirit?

He didnt beleive me about my opinion that catholics look down on being gay as a bigger issue than child abuse. Guess he will now once i show him this article. Now trust me i know ALL catholics dont feel this way but a vast majority are brainwashed into thinking homosexuality is a disease and a sin. Thats a whole other issue and off topic i know but i think my friend is a hell of a better person than most of the so called religious people i have known in my life.

This idiot donohue claiming this is a gay thing is just absurd and should be removed from any responsibilitys he has in the church and all the priests who have commited these crimes should go to jail. END of story.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by fizzy1]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by fizzy1]

top topics

join