It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for some buddies in UK (and EU) to investigate underground / secret / hidden facilities

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

golden rule with me has always been leave it as i found it. sometimes that isn't the case with others and i always carry a bin bag for the lesser educated individuals who have thrown their crap about. i do own an expedition tent however i always use a drawable poncho and bivi bag. much easier to carry and quick to deploy.
as long as tents are not erected in certain areas, no-one can stop you from sitting around out in the sticks. for some years i was a member of the British Mountaineering Council (been meaning to re-register) and as long as no damage has been caused and the area is out of the way, no-one else is the wiser. i never really went for the campsites as i have always been on the peaks. a much better view and very peaceful.
regards f

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

i was up at castlerigg mid winter solstice full moon 1999. four of us stayed all night and it was amazing. i think they may frown on tents though! maybe castlerigg farm will allow us to hire a patch for a night?
regards f

Castlerigg, that sounds VERY interesting. Is the stone circle... feels active?

Defo would be up for some camping there under stars!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

Unlike the US, abandoned bases in the United Kingdom are still patrolled by MOD security. And investigating hidden and current classified facilities will end up with you being persecuted under the anti-terrorism Act. I'm not deliberately being provocative, or pissing on your cornflakes, but it's not wise to attract unwanted attention.

Only one brief moment of curiosity and your name is on a list somewhere.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

lol, in uk they take it very seriously, especially if you where too mention one online that no one knew off.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Im in the Midlands - would def be up for it!

Castlerigg/keswick is one of me favourite places in the UK - I go to newlands valley twice a year on a farm - just love it up there!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I do have to ask at this point....are any of you who are considering this potential axe murderers? or do you have thoughts of killing//maiming//sacrificing to some obscure ancient god, a load of people while they sleep in their tents? If you are//do, speak up now, we won't hold it against you, and I'm sure we can work round it, but its best to get these things out first........

When me and the friends go up to castlerigg during the summer solstice there is definatley a strange energy in the air, and I'm not normally one to believe in that sort of stuff, and I certainly couldn't explain it, but it is there, one of these days I would love to visit stonehenge, I bet the experience is amazing.
edit on 12/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Oh Andy, are we still suffering from paranoia?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I live in Birmingham, west midlands.
I am willing to travle about 50 miles.
I have a good SLR zoom camra.
and 6mp dige camra.
and a 5mp phone camra.
I think it is best to go in small groups 1 or 2.
maybe 3. just have a story ready,
that you are lost.
and dont plan trips on ATS.
there use to be coal mines neart me.
I wonder what they use it for now?
as the site seems open.
but it was cloased many years ago.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
uk? investigate, underground? im in
i live in london so if you want my help im 100% willing to help

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
plenty to have a look at here in south wales dude.....especially the brecon rsg ;-)
i got an on/off road ready 4x4 that will carry 7people max and im always up for a day out .

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeman

castlerigg was and still is an unforgettable experience on an overnighter. in certain conditions i swear the stones had a visible glow (1999 solstice). me and the missus attempted to get married there but we couldn't contact the duty druid after spending several weeks chasing up contact numbers,phone calls and emails. seems the dude must have been heavily occupied or on a sabbatical. we eventually opted to nearer my meeting ground instead.
regards f

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a healthy distance and 'oh no i do not understand, what do you mean i am a spy?' would maybe be appropriate under the circumstances. it does not stop interested individuals from seeing the sites as long as no specifics are mentioned, we are but ramblers after all. be sure to get the loudest jacket on earth!
regards f

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

ow do mukka,
if members are truly sincere about a meet and greet, i feel certain rules should be agreed beforehand. one that comes to mind is cameras. if members wish to remain discreet then it should be agreed that no footage should be taken of said members. information applies as well. i do hope these things are thought out beforhand so as not to cause any friction at a later date. other than that keep an eye out for axe handles!
regards f

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

brecon beacons sounds cool. we may meet some saturdays and sundays! i've done the noth wales llanberis etc but never ventured south.
regards f

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Yeah, agreed, whilst I have no issues with photos of me, I fully respect other peoples wishes on that front, I take my camera in case anything unexpected does happen anyway. As long as everyone gets along and respects other peoples opinions on whatever matter, then it's all good by me.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

nice one. i guess timings will be considered sooner or later. early days at the mo i suppose. i'll take a look in my hong kong book of kung foo to see if there is any cool astro stuff happening this summer.
regards f

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Im based in Guildford and regularly in Reading and am up for getting a meet sorted to explore some areas be them abandoned or active. Just make sure everyone knows the law and how to avoid rousing too much suspicion incase you are unlucky enough to stumble across some security who are reall OTT

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Btw anyone interested in getting something together email me at [email protected]

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Give me a shout if you need anything looked at in Germany.
2nd

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It depends what the security are like. As long as you dont damage anything in order to enter anywhere you should be ok aplaining yourselves as hikers etc. In the UK some security are over the top, but generally I find the police/security personel to be actually quite alright and understanding. Just make sure you dont look like a loads loonies on the loose!

If you act genuinely suprised that you've 'accidently' strayed somewhere you shoouldnt be im sure you'l be alright, its not like America
...yet!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join