It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli military criticises troops who killed youths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Israeli military criticises troops who killed youths

news.bbc.co.uk

The Israeli military has criticised its own soldiers for killing four young Palestinian demonstrators in the West Bank in March.

The Palestinians, one of whom was 15 years old, were shot in the space of 24 hours in two incidents near Nablus.

Israeli Defence Force commander Maj Gen Avi Mizrahi said the incidents were "an unnecessary operational occurrence with dire consequences".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is surprising. The Israeli government actually admitting that its army committed a serious offense in shooting 2 young men with live ammunition during a protest. I find that this statement comes at a very interesting time when the world is starting to turn on Israel.

Is this a sign that the Israeli government knows that the world is turning on them and that they are trying to get them back on their side? Is it that they are having a "change of heart" of sorts?

or

Is this simply a way for them to pretend that they care and that they don't want people to start sympathizing with the Palestinian people??

Any thoughts?

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sounds like the US told the Israelis to start sucking up in order to get the Palestinians thinking about coming back to the peace table after the announcement of new Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem last month...

Apparently the Israelis are also looking at releasing an as yet un-announced number of Palestinian prisoners from its jails...

One would think the Israelis would have to do a whole lot better than this in order to entice the Palestinians back to peace talks, but given how utterly corrupt and impotent Fatah is, I wouldn't be surprised to see peace talks resume at some point this year, assuming no military action is taken against Iran...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
one word... WOW!

im glad i never started dissed the isrealis in the south africa racist thread.

its a start! .. the dudes shouldnt have been shot, but wow, the isreali army actualy took responcibility for something.

im awating a pig flying past my window, ill keep you all po..

nevermind, their it goes!

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

One would think the Israelis would have to do a whole lot better than this in order to entice the Palestinians back to peace talks, but given how utterly corrupt and impotent Fatah is, I wouldn't be surprised to see peace talks resume at some point this year, assuming no military action is taken against Iran...

I think that it would also take the stopping of settlement building in Jerusalem before they go to the negotiation table. It should be the basic requirement.

Magnum

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I think that it would also take the stopping of settlement building in Jerusalem before they go to the negotiation table. It should be the basic requirement.
Magnum

Absolutely Magnum

Cessation of building in East Jerusalem should definitely be a THE most basic condition of the Palestinians returning to the table...

And ultimately, the Palestinians should demand all Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem be removed as a pre-requisite for rubber-stamping a peace agreement, given East Jerusalem is to be the capital of the future Palestinian state...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Wow , they scolded someone for killing kids, what a breakthrough.

What a sorry ass world.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well, it’s a little hard for the Military Industrial Complex Governments to sell “We must invade Iran because of an oppressive Government” when the IDF is running around shooting stone throwing kids.

Between the U.S. and it’s NATO Allies using heavy handed tactics in Afghanistan and Iraq, and Israel using heavy handed tactics in the West Bank and Gaza, the hypocritical moral authority arguments always being used by these nations to justify aggression towards other nations have pretty much lost their effectiveness with a large and growing percentage of the masses.

About the only people left with any sympathy for Israel are diehard pro-Zionists, as even many Jews no longer support the Ultra Right Wing Israeli Government and its policies and initiatives anymore when it comes to the Palestinian issue.

Still it’s a meaningless gesture, a month or so ago, the Israeli Defense Force threw one of it’s soldiers in the Stockade for 10 days for announcing a operation on his Face Book page ahead of time, that they subsequently canceled for security reasons because of his disclosure.

Shooting four kids obviously carries a lesser penalty.

[edit on 6/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Nah , this is a wizz in the ocean my friends. I dont think this will go any distance towards altering the opinions of either the world , or the Palestinians.My reasoning is as follows.
When Israel launched thier big operation in Gaza , and there was all that about the white phosphorus and the excessive shelling, all the world saw it and was shocked. But the Palestinians were not. They were pretty much waiting for it. Thats because they know something that your average citizen of planet earth doesnt. Israel have the best anti missile anti projectile defence systems on this planet. They manufacture the stuff. If Israel CHOSE to, they could make thier borders IMPERVIOUS to rocket, bullet, grendade, every concievable threat could be countered with just a little effort. Now, that pretty much means, that all the whining about "Oh these nasty terrorists keep throwing, or launching home made bombs that kill like eleven people a month! We must give them a horrible beatdown , destroy thier homes and kill them in their thousands because we are in such danger" is absolute bloody nonsense. The only reason these often badly made, and largely ineffective palastinian bombs even make it to the ground in Israel , is because Israel knows it cannot justify continuous occupation of contested land, and its repeated attacks on Palestine, if it can be said that they are no longer threatened by Palestine, and its neighbors. It would be BETTER for Israelis to have the nation wide anti projectile defense net, than it is for thier government to occasionaly get elbow deep in the blood of the innocent, but it wouldnt make as much money for the Israeli government , so the cycle goes on, the blood continues to flow. Aint capitalism great?

top topics

join