It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Chinese U.F.O Mags. and 'that' spiral.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Recently, as I was strolling through one of Beijing's gigantic flea markets, I happened upon these old U.F.O. magazines.

"Searching For Flying Saucers"

This magazine was published in the city of Lanzhou in the province of Gansu. The prices of the magazines we see here range from 0.30 Yuan (July 1983) to 1.20 Yuan (March 1991).

In China, back in 1983, if you didn't want to spend your 0.30 Yuan on a U.F.O. magazine, that same 0.30 Yuan would have bought you a pack of smokes. The choice was yours, bribe your company leader with a pack of smokes or a U.F.O. magazine.

Let's examine the next magazine in some detail.

Inside first page, table of contents:

Some of the articles:

1) "Japanese pilot sees U.F.O."
2) "Types of U.F.O's"
3) "Looking for the footprints of the aliens"
4) "U.F.O's and power plants"

The next and final magazine in today's collection is from July 1990.

Now, I would like to draw your attention to the inside back cover.

What have we here? Where have I seen this before?

Translation (as best as I can do):

"These photos were taken August 27th 1988. (August 28th 9:00 - 9:05 PM Beijing Time) Long: 124 30 Lat: 49 50. These photos were taken around Dongbei, NeiMengGu (Inner Mongolia)."

So, there you have it, a short trip down memory lane with a look at U.F.O. magazines in China (and before the time when 'bar codes' would eventually spoil the cover of every magazine worldwide.

univac500

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Very interesting thread man. I wish I could translate some of that but the "spiral" wake does seem to be very similar to what was seen over Norway.

Does the article say anything about what that was?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by univac500

Univac500.....

Thanks for posting those very interesting old Chinese UFO magazines.

Regarding the spiral, I would think they did missile tests back then & I would think some of them would have gone wrong.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

What we see is what we get.

Those 8 photos on the back inside cover are only accompanied by the above text (on the magazine page).

There is no article that accompanies the photos.

I'm glad you liked the thread, man.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I dont see anything resembling the Norway spiral in these photos at all. I see some pictures showing glowing orbs.

I guess we all have different perceptions. My own perception tells me the Norway spiral was not a UFO. It was something we havent seen before in a long time.

If you check ancient carvings, you will find spirals like the norway spiral though, which to me tells me this has happened before long ago.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Now to find the missile launch that would coincide with the date of "August 27th 1988" around 9:00PM Beijing time. If there were any east asian missile tests or anything of that nature going on it would be amazing to find out about them.

HAARP wasn't established until 1993(apparently) so this rules out that scenario, though if there is proof of HAARP interference please enlighten us.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by univac500

Univac500.....

The Jiuquan Space Launch Center could well be the source of that missile launch as shown in your magazine.

You might be able to track down some launch info

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0dd8ce4c61d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34ab4d5895f1.jpg[/atsimg]

www.globalsecurity.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

MAP

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I can't seem to track down a source, but I recall seeing a show with a segment about a Russian missile launch that caused a similar spiral formation and led to a slew of UFO reports. I'll keep looking for the story.

Interesting thread, though, S&F.

TheAssoc.

Edit to add:

Found it:
www.debunker.com...

Edit again:

A similar sighting

[edit on 5-4-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

And another..www.youtube.com...

Chinese spiral. This happened, if I remember correctly, in the late eighties. I will see if I can find some proof of that...

Also there was one in Russia... for completeness

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5/4/10 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate

Edit again:

A similar sighting

[edit on 5-4-2010 by TheAssociate]

That clearly is a photograph of a painting that someone made. *Waves fist at the heavens* Damn you Bob Ross
Not discounting the sighting but the photograph is bogus.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Oh my!! Look at the date of the video sightings and the date shown in the magazine!! They coincide almost!!

There definitely is a correlation here!

Did the magazine do a spread on the China Spiral before the "spiral" craze even existed? Amazing!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is less a case of that 'spiral' and more a case of some blue blob in the sky. The last few pictures are interesting though... the blue part looks very much like the blue part from the incident in Norway, coincidence, or finally proof that the same thing caused both? A rogue missile?

files.abovetopsecret.com...

AND

www.getxnews.com...

IT'S A BINGOOOOO!

[edit on 5/4/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Good find, and a helpful post. Kudos!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi univac500

Do you live in Beijing? I lived there for a year. I miss China. One of the best places i have ever been

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I remember a reference to atmospheric spirals connected with an American missile launch around 1960. I will try to find the book so I can put the right info up.
I believe that the missile was an Atlas-Centaur rocket, I can't remember the payload. It was listed in a publication called 'The Marine Observer', as best I can recall, in Sept 1960?

Maybe Jim Oberg has some reference material that includes this?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is very interesting. Especially the spiral.

Star & Flag

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I dont see anything resembling the Norway spiral in these photos at all. I see some pictures showing glowing orbs.

Agreed! People are still insisting in seeing spirals everywhere and comparing with "that one"...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ucalien]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thanks !!!!! That was interesting esp the pictures. Now I wish I could read
chinese. I noticed the one that looked like a sonic boom photo almost.
I did not see a spiral however. Otherwise, folks in UK are blaming sheep
mutilations on ufo and aliens. What is really going on I wonder.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Below, this is a rocket test?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Very interesting!

I love to find old magazines and see what people said about strange events.

Funny thing is, the UFO theories you will read in my grandfathers National Geographic's from 1965 pretty much echo the theories we see here in present time.

Unlike others on this thread, if you had shown me the pics of the blue spiral looking thing, without any pretext I would have immediately said, "Norway spiral"

Thanks for sharing this.

To echo, what another poster said, I do believe some events we chalk up to government tests, missle launches, etc, could really be natural phenomenon that have taken place in the past.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucalien

Agreed! People are still insisting in seeing spirals everywhere and comparing with "that one"...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by ucalien]

I agree. There is no spiral in those photos.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join