It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UN agencies shall limit your Internet using

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

New UN agencies shall limit your Internet using

translate.google.com

Human amusement surfing internet is threaten infrastructure worldwide. Now create a new UN body to monitor and restrict the use of the network. In January 2013 the Swedes will not be able to surf freely anymore.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dn.se

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pay Attention Now Internet User!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The translation is through google so a bit messed up English but you can clearly understand the implications now. From the article:

For years, the ever-increasing load of the Internet discussed. Video Watch and upload and download heavy files has made the bandwidth is no longer enough. And consequences has already begun visible. According to the United Nations has, among other banks and companies have encountered problems when cash transactions are not reviewed in time.

But we is evolve a significantly worse scenario than so.

- We fear that a collapse of the entire Internet usage continues to grow at the pace it does today. It would have devastating consequences not only for the world economy, but also for vital public services such as hospitals and police forces, "said Nette Weier, head of the new UN body, in a statement.

The idea is that the nations of the world to receive a share in a number of internet quotas. UN body United Nations Web Watch Organisational, UNWWO, will responsible for allocating Internet quotas, well monitor removing borders not exceeded.

How many quotas each country will be based on population and number of registered IP addresses in the country. How quotas are then distributed within the nation is up to countries themselves to decide.

If a country exceeds the assigned limits, it seems to be talk of UN sanctions as well as reduced bandwidth..

Acts like the secret one ACTA which is currently being discussed will enable United Nations to control the internet. This is beginning of the end of free internet. Internet is the last bastion of freedom where people can still enjoy freedom but not for long.

Do you want this to be your future reality?

translate.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No thanks.

Not in my lifetime.

I will however, be limiting the power of the UN.

By saying HELL NO!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Hahaha! Change that cute picture of the little kid around a bit.

"Grandpa, what was the UN?"

That's more like it.

Read em and weep.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have heard of UN proposals to tax Internet usage but have not heard about them wanting to limit IP addresses. I don't see them having the authority to tax American citizens so I discounted that one right away.

There has been an effort in the US to create a new Internet to replace this one due to not enough IP addresses.

This seems like a scam to me and an effort to make money off of a conversion like they did with Digital TV.

They told us the switch to digital was to provide high Def TV.

Yet they are now selling the old analog signals for Wifi service. If you can stream Wifi through the old Analog signal you could also stream hiDef through it and we could have TV via the internet, which is coming. Billions of our tax dollars were spent to take away or TV channels and give them to Internet companies.

Now we are being told the US has slower Internet than other countries.

I stream movies online through several companies, and have 7 computers in my living room that play online games (World of Warcraft mostly) and stream movies all at the same time with no lag and it is DSL now as I got rid of cable.

Therefore, I am not buying the whole we are slower than other countries bit. So they get instant pages and can run hundreds of PCs?

We seem to be lied to so much and Congress believes whatever the lobbyists tell them.

I don't buy the notion that they need to create a whole new Internet system rather than applying area addresses that direct to the current IP system or other fixes.

They just want to make money and we once again will be victims of a scam forced on us by Congress.

We were the United States of the People, By the People and for the People. Welcome to the United States of the Corporation by the Corporation and for the Corporation.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The U.N do not have the authority to tell anyone what to do with their internet service. The U.N is an evil organization and should be destroyed.

whattheh, other countries do have faster internet service. Japan certainly does.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In reality, the older technology relating to their fiber optics was only using a small portion of the lines, to deliver our services, we were blocked from benefitting from utilizing them by the deliberate policies of their makers. And then more recently the fibre optics changed to pack even more info. So we're using nothing compared to the load our systems can carry.

Its all scam.

Internet should be free! We should have routers that just grab it from the satellites for free, super high speed. And the cables should be underground back up.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm from sweden and when I read this newpaper today (DN, Daily news in translation), they usually make an april fool's joke and this might be that one since it's the only one that seems like a joke to me. But since I've read many threads about censoring the web, mostly from Australia, I really hope that this is a joke... They will tell us in the next number, should be tomorrow

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
ATS, I know it's not your thing, but some skepticism on this day would do you very well. April Fools pranks are all over the web.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Sorry to laydown the conspiracy tender...but this article is only just a april fool joke from sweden...

top topics

join