It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China 'ready for talks' on new UN sanctions on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

China 'ready for talks' on new UN sanctions on Iran

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran's top nuclear official is holding talks in China amid signs that Beijing has relaxed its opposition to a new round of UN sanctions against Tehran.

The US ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, said China was ready to hold "serious" talks with Western powers on a new UN resolution.

This would mark a policy shift for China, which has strong ties with Iran. China says it wants a peaceful outcome.

Western powers claim Iran seeks nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.

China has in the past expr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Good morning,

It is now more and more clear what is happening and how this whole issue will play out. Russia and China, who have already shown compassion for Iran in the past, are slowly going to drop their help for Iran in a world wide conspiracy to attack Iran. This is how it will play out:

Another round of sanctions will fail to deter the Iranian government and they will stand their ground (rightfully so).

Israel will strike first and be struck. This is when the US and the EU will get involved...

It's all getting clearer now, the balance that China was preventing from tipping is now starting to tip on the US/Israeli side... Shame on China...

The only other hope is that Russia will stay on Iran's side to prevent a disaster...

Keeping the peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt it take all UN members or majority of the UN members to agree on sanctions on another country or is it just the 6?

as you can see i havent got a clue how sanctions work

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt it take all UN members or majority of the UN members to agree on sanctions on another country or is it just the 6?

as you can see i havent got a clue how sanctions work

Unfortunately, some countries have a veto power... So if only 1 of those countries veto the sanctions, then the whole thing goes to the garbage...

Magnum

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sanctions never work. The only way to stop Iran from producing nuclear weapons is a full scale invasion and occupation. This means a war on the scale of 1950 Korean War or the 1965-1975 Vietnam War. Or worst(if fellow Muslim country, Pakistan, comes to help). I don't think any country today is ready to sacrificed 50,000-100,000 soldiers for so little to gain. Nothing is going to happened. Just have to live with a nuclear-armed Iran.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
China... Cooperate?

I call April Fools!

JK, So it looks like the balance of power is becoming weighted. I smell escalation.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's getting very obvious what's going on. If Iran doesn't deliver a pro-western democratic government which will halt all nuclear research, it will be invaded. I've had lots of doubts but now I'm certain.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

i am saying is
wouldnt it take more then just the Big 6 to decide

isnt a Vote in which the other members vote aswell (so say if more then 50% vote for or against) isnt that what will decide the outcome?

top topics

join