It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A variable number of occurances that indicates you can't think critically

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by boondock-saint

I disagree, I think I am personally sick of the Atheist vs Religious war.

I am glad someone is posting a thread calling out both for their fallacies.

If he didn't do it, I would have made one eventually probably.

There needs to be a force counteracting those 'other two forces'.

The biggest issue I find is that few involved actually have a solid understanding of what science is and what religion is, as well as people not knowing the difference between spirituality and religion.

While religion and science is hard to reconcile, it's mostly because many religions are dogmatic while the academic community pretends that it isn't dogmatic.

Furthermore, the definition of the words your using. What is an Atheist? Someone who doesn't believe in a deity? Well fundamentally Buddhism doesn't hold a belief for deities. Is it someone who doesn't believe in a PERSONAL god (i.e the Christian God)? Then I am an Atheist.

But yeah, I am sick of these debates because there is so much disinformation coming from all sides of the debate that finding the truth in this debate is like trying to find the holy grail; you think you found it and Jesus is the mother#ing king of kings so you're like "He was a pimp, he had a pimp cup" and lo and behold, you die a painful and horrible death.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If he didn't do it, I would have made one eventually probably.

There needs to be a force counteracting those 'other two forces'.

well dont use too much force
else the gubment will kick ur door in
and claim you are anti-everything

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I know this isn't directed at me but to justify why I'm calling out these two ridiculous polarizations and attacking them forcefully is because this is what happens to these threads, and you can go in and see for yourself:

1. A post is made attacking Christians
2. Christians come and attack back
3. A few people (who often don't align themselves) point out the erroneous aspects of the attack.
4. Atheists don't care/ignore the few, continue fighting Christians
5. Atheists overwhelm Christians
6. Christians leave thread, make their own. A few Christians continue fighting.
7. Atheists enjoy a circle jerk.

At the same time, as the Christians make their own thread, you can just replace where Christians and Atheists are listed above and it's essentially what goes on in this section week in and week out.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I know this isn't directed at me but to justify why I'm calling out these two ridiculous polarizations and attacking them forcefully is because this is what happens to these threads, and you can go in and see for yourself:

1. A post is made attacking Christians
2. Christians come and attack back
3. A few people (who often don't align themselves) point out the erroneous aspects of the attack.
4. Atheists don't care/ignore the few, continue fighting Christians
5. Atheists overwhelm Christians
6. Christians leave thread, make their own. A few Christians continue fighting.
7. Atheists enjoy a circle jerk.

At the same time, as the Christians make their own thread, you can just replace where Christians and Atheists are listed above and it's essentially what goes on in this section week in and week out.

This is actually a pretty concise analysis.

I applaud you on seeing things for as they actually are.

I too notice that many of the debaters on both sides do not even know much about their own side of the argument.

Perhaps this ignorance is what compels them to fight over this endlessly in the first place?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join