It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The K Street Hustlin’ of Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The K Street Hustlin’ of Obamacare

Oooh snap! Looks like we’ve been right all along. All the big K Street money pumped into the House and Senate has been overwhelmingly one-sided in favor of Obama’s horrendous new healthcare legislation. Go figure. According to a study released over the weekend by “The Center for Public Policy”, a non-partisan public interest think tank in Washington D.C., it is estimated that a record $120 million was spent lobbying for health reform. In addition to direct lobbying, some of the top firms also rewarded members of Congress with campaign contributions through political action committees and individual lobbyist donations. The largest of these firms, Patton Boggs LLP, contributed more than $55,000 almost exclusively to Democrats.

Read the full article here
(alternative link to article can be found here)

Should I, or you, be surprised? Really, I was expecting to see some numbers but $120 million? Damn! This is definitely not a total amount from throughout the entire trying of the bill to be passed, I'm thinking it's from just recently. Either way, this is still a lot of money. Lobbying has ruined this country from being able to vote, and now it really is putting a dent into how our legislative system works - it's all corrupt and we know it. Simple as that.

new topics

join