It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things Are Not Looking Good For Obama. At All!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Don't overstimate a relatively unknown man who rose to power so quickly.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Carter

reply to post by jam321

Clinton

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Right now, I think it is still a very big question mark what American politics will look like in 2013, there's still a lot of game left to play.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
To be fair, that poll was from back in January and it doesn't necessarily jibe with other polls along some of the same topics although many if not most aren't particularly impressed with his performance, myself included.

www.cbsnews.com...

To the poster that referenced Clinton's surplus, please try and remember that the budget isn't set by the president but by congress and Clinton had a republican majority congress for the majority of his time in office. If Dole had managed to beat Clinton in '96, I almost guarantee there still would have been a surplus. The president signs his name to the budget but he doesn't set it.

Also bear in mind that the largest deficit under Bush was with a democrat controlled congress and current deficit projections for the next ten years because of the current democrat/democrat administration's fiscal policies dwarf anything under Bush I, Bush II, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, anyone in the past 40 years.

The beginning of the housing and dot com booms had as much to do with the budget surplus in the Clinton years as anything. Republican or democrat, D.C. doesn't create prosperity. They tax and spend and how much they tax and spend determines whether there is a deficit or surplus.

But I digress greatly. Obama's popularity has declined since he took office but there is no telling what the future holds. I didn't like Bush and didn't vote for him but thought he handled the post 9/11 situation well. (Strip away all conspiracy theories about the CIA or whatever and just return to the emotions of the time.) He represented himself as a leader during that time and actually handled it well. To this day, I don't get a "leader" vibe from Obama.

As far as I'm concerned he's a talking head which, incidentally, is how I felt about Reagan. He has an ability to make people believe in him or feel comfortable like Reagan did. In this day and age though, it's more difficult to hide reality unless you choose to avoid it.

Wow, it's late.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Don't underestimate a relatively unknown man who rose to power so quickly.

Any other person with his credentials would have never became President IMO.

I predict two terms for Obama. I based this on that he will announce bringing our troops home from Afghanistan and the economy will improve in going into early 2012.

Also 2012 will be a year of fear and rumors. Advantage Obama.

LAMO that is so unlikely

I often wonder why u phrase obama.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't believe in polls, as the public change their mind from giving their idea to an unknown poll taker in the streets and in front of witnesses when they enter a darken booth to vote....

Mr President. I am still waiting for you to make good on your campaign promises of bring out boys home from the two wars. Mr. Nixon took his time but the "Tricky Dick" did it eventually!

Mr President Please bring out boys home safe and America, when, if and when this happens please do not turn your backs on them like you did the Viet Nam era Vets. Our serving men and women will need their jobs back and money invested in the VA Hospitals. Let them work and go to school instead of marching on Veterans day for Veterans rights! Thank you, I have a dream!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nycfrog27

Here's a question to ponder: HAS ANYONE EVER THOUGHT THAT WE'RE GETTING SET UP BY BOTH REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS?

Oh, that's not even a question!! It's obvious to those who have eyes to see.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh, please...this old chestnut again?

It won't matter when martial law is declared and all elections suspended...

I can recall, way back in 2008...late Summer it was...the same predictions regardingthe upcoming Presidential election in Novermber, that year.

Now, I ain't no fan of ole' (former) "President" George W. Bush (the 43rd)...but I find it ironic that the same rhetoric is being spouted today, except from a different "side" of the "Left/Right paradigm"....(AKA, different side of the 'aisle'...)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join