It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite Stephen King book?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
With me no doubt it would be Needful Things So many characters and so many things going on at the same time. Never slow or boring like a lot of his work which delves deep into the person and lessor into the story-line.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

I second those comments! I waited for an age to get those last books and wow is all i can say! The scope of this series is beyond belief! It puts a different perspective on just about everything he's ever written.

Reading these books changed my opinion of SK from a good enjoyable writer to a genius! The man is a legend and anyone who's into Stephen King needs to read these books.

My dad's just finished reading them and he's as impressed as i am. (if you knew my dad you'd realise what high praise that is :lol

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Needful Things was one of the best film adaptations of his work. A highly underrated movie too... Max Siddow (think that's his name) was perfect as the Devil (or such deity of your choice, I believe it was left a bit ambiguous in the film, just generally evil and arcane). What's great is that he personally, never did much more than talk to folks, yet somehow this made him an even more evil villain. Masterful.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The Stand - Glen Bateman - "Control. It's what separates the higher species from the lower." Always loved that line.
The Dark Tower Series
The Long Walk

A must have for anyone who is a fan of SK is The Complete SK Universe. Invaluable when trying to put it all together, and almost all of his writings do tie back into The Dark Tower series. I've been going back a little here and there, just read Insomnia, and once Ralph and Lois do their good deeds Roland, in his universe, rolled over and got a good nights sleep, unknowingly, because things were stabilized with their actions. Fascinating stuff, really, and it does make SK into more of just a horror writer.

Random vs. Purpose. Good vs. Evil.

Ka.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Locke23

The Stand
The Shining
Song of Susannah
The Dark Tower series
The Tommyknockers
Dreamcatcher
The Walk.............very creepy

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Everything's Eventual
Bag of Bones
Blaze
Carrie
Skeleton Crew
Under the Dome
Cycle of the Werewolf
Different Seasons
From a Buick 8
Four Past Midnight
Night Shift
The Green Mile
Lisey's Story

to name a few. Really, I like them all.

Here's his website, if anyone's interested.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Skid Mark because: Added link

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Mine are hands down the Dark Tower series. Best stuff he has ever done, and I read it as it was being written, so I had to wait between books too. It was trying, to say the least.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
IT will always be my favorite, I read it the summer after 8th grade, perfect age to read it I think, it's all about that transition from childhood to adulthood. First really long book I'd ever read, took me all summer... I feel like I spent time in Derry, in the barrens, by the canal... I live in Maine and I've recognized some real world locations used in his books. Got him to autograph a book for me when I saw him in the stands at a JH basketball game, played against his son.

edit on 29-11-2010 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Dont y'all think that the colour out of space written by HPLovecraft and the tommyknockers hold some resemblance? I dont know any background to the story, like why he wrote it and what inspired him. But the both stories are cool

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Four Past Midnight.(The Langoliers)
Desperation
Pet Sematary
Salem's Lot

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
#1 Insomnia.

The ending wasn't the best, but it was pretty interesting story.

#2 The Eyes of the Dragon. Awesome fantasy novel.

Haven't read the Stand, but the miniseries is epic.

Didn't like Bag of Bones.

The Drawing of the Three was good.
edit on 8-3-2011 by avatar01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
1. The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass ( I cried at the end of this series but not for the right reasons)
2. 'Salem's Lot
3. The Stand
4. Christine (go Pittsburgh)
5. The Bachman books (If we can count this one)
edit on 15/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
1. The Stand
2. It -first King book I read, and it was just awesome-
3- Under the Dome. It was a page turner.
4- Eyes of the Dragon
5- Pet Cemetary

some other good ones: insomnia, hearts of atlantis, duma key, needful things.

Been a while since I read his books, but I got a bunch at a garage sale to catch up on.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Besides The Stand and Pet Sematary, I also liked Misery. The book Misery, was much scarier than the movie, though the movie was great. I thought Kathy Bates and James Caan were really good. I had a cold the weekend I read it, so I read the whole book in one weekend. I actually didn't sleep well that weekend

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join