It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite Stephen King book?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I love Stephen King books and the movies,and just finished "The Dark half" ,the book is like over 460 pages but I finished it in almost 3 days.I also like "Secret Window" on my top 5
So I was wondering whats your top 5?
heres mine:

1.The Dark half
2.Secret Window
3.The Green Mile
4.IT
5.Insomnia

But I like others too.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The Stand....nothing else compares to it.

Don't really like to many others so I dont have a top 5, just a top 1 which is in my top 10 books of all time that I have read.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Oh my, The Gunslinger series. I waited for over 20 yrs for him to finish the last book I was heartbroken when I finished the last one....

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
For me, it would have to be 'The Stand'
...amazing/ amazing movie too...
Oh, and even though I havent read the book -'The Body' it's become one of my favourite movies 'Stand by Me'...
=)
Awesome!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The Shining. That book scared the bejesus out of me.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I can give you a top four. In no particular order after the top spot:

The Stand
The Dead Zone
The Talisman (with Peter Straub)
The Eyes of the Dragon

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

Yeah I loved the movie too,havent read the book yet but I will

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Pet Semetary and It. The Stand was too long and convoluted for me. The ending was a joke.

Pet Semetary is just full of terror. And It is a great analysis of childhood and the meaning of good and evil.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

same list. Might add Salem's Lot to it tho. Scary back when I read it.

Green Mile was very good but, Duzey's list, plus Salem's Lot are, in my mind, as good as it gets with King. Of course, Talisman was also Straub, who's a hell of a writer too.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I guess my favorite would have to be Salems Lot. I love the part where it says the baby was missing after it was heavily hinted it was now a "vampire". The entire time i was thinking "WTF? ....HOW....what?" and my thoughts were never confirmed of denied. Just love those sentences that i re-read over and over and read between the lines because of that one nagging thought, and im not being sarcastic.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I haven't read any of the books but i recently watched the mist it was good but the ending was to short and strange though he killed everybody and then realised he didn't need to kill his wife and kid, how sad

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
King's entire catalog is chock full of remarkable storytelling.

Faves:

1.) Firestarter.
2.) The Green Mile.
3.) Night Shift (short stories).
4.) The Long Walk.
5.) Needful Things.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Love Stephen King - as a kid, read all the books.

*Scariest were...

The Shining
The Stand
Cujo
IT

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prettygreeneyes26

the storys ending is different. Can't remember it though. King himself said he wish he thought of the movies ending when they told him what they wanted to change it to

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I loved IT also Lady Skadi, and THEN, when the TV movie came out with Tim Curry as IT, WOW! Tim Curry seems to make the most of everything he puts his mind to.

Have to go with Carrie for the scariest book, and I loved the Shining, and all of them really. Particularly enjoyed Delores Clayborne and loved how King made me squirm in Misery. Recently (for me who only gets to a bookstore once a year) I really enjoyed the classic King mood of Desperation and From A Buick 8.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Can't pick just one, so here's my top four:

1. The Shining
2. Duma Key
3. It
4. Needful Things

Haven't read The Stand yet but plan to.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Locke23

His most recent ones, The Cell and Under the dome were pretty good. The Stand and It will always remain my favorites. The running man was also one of his good ones IMHO.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It and The Regulators, which he did under the name Richard Bachman. The former scared the hell out of me (don't laugh, I was in middle school at the time
) and the latter was just plain weird enough to earn my approval.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here's my top 5.

Cujo
Pet Semetary
Carrie
It
The Long Walk ( The Bachman books )

I love them all really. What an imagination the man has.

I'd like to see more movies made from his writings. Imagine " The Long Walk " made into a movie. Kids walking and getting shot dead on the road.

He's an amazing story teller that's for sure.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demetre
Oh my, The Gunslinger series. I waited for over 20 yrs for him to finish the last book I was heartbroken when I finished the last one....

Yeah, the ending of the Gunslinger series was heartbreaking. During the last book I wondered so many times how he was going to end it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join