It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are discriminated against and 'treated with disrespect', senior bishops warn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Christians are discriminated against and 'treated with disrespect', senior bishops warn

www.dailymail.co.uk

Senior bishops today claimed Christians in Britain are being 'treated with disrespect' while followers of other faiths are dealt with more sensitively.
The six bishops and Lord Carey, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, said the 'apparent discrimination' against churchgoers was 'unacceptable in a civilised society'.
In a letter to The Sunday Telegraph, the bishops point to the case of Shirley Chaplin, a nurse who was banned from working on hospital wards for wearing a necklace with a cross.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk

[edit on 28-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It about time the church woke up to this... It seems that every other faith in the UK is OK and well respected except Christianity where the left wing do gooders have made being a Christian almost a hate crime itself....

They seem to be bending over backwards for other faiths other than the dominant faith that the nations very tenets were set on and made it great..

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28/3/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I am not surprised, Yissachar, you cannot stop the inevitable,

You are watching prophecy being fulfilled.

[edit on 053131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loglady

This is a UK thing... Im sure that lady could shout a lot but would do no good here... Maybe not just a UK thing with the ACLU doing its lefty best to eradicate all things Christian....

But having read your thread I think that lady is waaaay over the top!

Btw is your avatar Sally Jessy Raphael?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah the bible said it would happen.... Nothing should surprise us really... Interesting to see it all take shape..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by loglady

This is a UK thing...

Well, the message is good. However, I do not think that this is solely a UK problem as much as it is a world-wide problem! I am a Christian. I see it everyday. Especially on ATS. It is true that we are in the end times, my friend. There is NO conspiracy about this. Look at the signs that were foretold so long ago! It's all around you. Good Post.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Could the necklace be considered a health hazard?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

The necklace was around way before "health and safety inspectors"..... You do the math..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loglady

No it didn't.... Mine probably didn't get passed your glasses...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
We'll be seeing this more and more. Yes,it is very prophetic.

Never before in American history have Christians experienced being hated for following Jesus Christ as they are today.

Here in America the persecution of Christians has not yet reached the feverish pitch as in other parts of the world. There is still a Constitution that protects them and allows them to freely practice their faith. But, broiling beneath the surface, the same hatred of God that exists in other parts of the world is festering in all our institutions. Slowly, methodically, and incrementally the anti-God forces are working to remove that Constitutional barrier.

It is important to recognize that those who are working for the dissolution of our society have a spiritual agenda. They are not merely attempting to dismantle the historic cultural values of this nation and move us toward a homogenized world. They also want to destroy Christianity and Bible-based religion. It is a clear part of their agenda, and they have already moved a long way in that direction.

In America it is called 'secularism' and is becoming visible in all walks of life and in all our institutions. Numerous legislative and legal battles which I'll discuss below attest to the fact that religious warfare is taking place.
www.jeremiahproject.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

A friendly reminder...

...to please refrain from making personal petty attacks against fellow members and act with an iota of civility.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to stick to the issue at hand.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We all know that Christianity is completely banned in some countries
already, especially in Muslim dominated places. It is totally forbidden to be
a Christian or to practice it. If they are Christian, it's kept secret and then
they have to practice their faith by hiding in basements and other places
so they aren't persecuted for it. And you know what that means; if they
are caught, they will be beheaded.

It isn't to that point in the US, thankfully, but if it were up to certain folks,
Christians would be shot at sunrise or hung at dusk on main street.
They are slowly taking EVERYTHING away from us here in the US and
freedom of religion is not far from being completely outlawed. I personally
don't worry about any of it though, because I know what the Bible has
promised to those who will study it and have total faith in God. I can't
believe what some people think about Christians, but will fight tooth and
nail to let a Muslim waltz his way into the fabric of our society and demand
demand, demand, demand. And they usually get their way most of the
time. Christians can't seem to demand anything nowadays, and not too
many people will budge to let a Christian person practice their faith without
being attacked by the loonies who don't have the slightest faith in anything
but want to shove down the throats of everyone all the potilically correct
garbage we live with. Anyway, you can see my username and know that
I am waiting for the end times, and 100% believe in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast".-Revelation 13:3

Some interpret that scripture to represent the Catholic church coming into world political power again,and carrying on with the atrocities against true Christians that was done in the past.

...Angry at Christian Bible-believers and others who refuse to acknowledge his spiritual leadership, Pope John Paul II and Vatican cronies have called for an all-out war.

....The Pontiff told the assembled Buddhist monks, Zoroastrian priests, Catholic cardinals, Hindu gurus, American Indian shamen, Jewish rabbis, and ecumenical clergy that all must join in condemning the Christian fundamentalists who "abuse speech" and whose efforts at converting others "incite hatred and violence."
www.texemarrs.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

WOW.... The same "christian" church we are supposed to follow whose leader covers up child sex abuses???

Lets listen to them...

Right does it say in Revelation where it tells us to "Get out of her (the church) my people".........

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
hmmmmm i wonder why people would treat christians badly? its not like they arent completely distorting the historic truth of biblical times, basing their authority on it, all the wile molesting our kids taking our money and demonizing minorities.

Thats just the leaders, i dont see anything wrong with the followers besides that they follow all that ^. Christianity could be an amazing thing if it wasn't completely exploited (to meet some sort of end i assume)

Let me into the vatican archives and vaults god darnnnnit!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Dude I too wanna get in those vaults... Shame they are protected by brainwashed pedophile protectors (the so-called "holy" father too who covered it all up).... What they hiding??

A true Christian would not even think about those things... Thats how they win you guys against us.. They want to subvert the message and turn you guys against us... Wake up...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There is a lot of hate against Christianity that you will never hear about. The reason for this is because it is very hard to communicate out to the world in some places.

I am a Christian from Iraq. My family gets phone calls from northern Iraq about the Christians being driven away from their land by Muslims. Often, it is the Assyrian Christians being driven from their homeland by Kurdish Muslims.

The Christians are poor, they have barely any food or water, and the women get harassed for not wearing veils.

It is a very sad story.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join