It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nursery Manager 'Made Babies Eat Own Vomit'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am not from the UK but kids are the same in any country.

I am a former child care worker and stay at home mom.

I always suggest to people dont use daycares.

I believe there needs to be a child care overhaul, and at the least add in protective measures like cameras.

Frankly I wont ever work in a child care center with out cameras, to protect myself.

And here in the city the pay in most centers starts at ten an hour, to me that isnt too bad. Ive done it for six an hour.

Too many parents work for consumerism reasons when one parent with a downsize in lifestyle could easily stay home. But instead they trust strangers to raise their kids.

That is really the bottom line. Most modern parents choose the suv and mcmansion over their own kids, and we are beginning to reap what weve sown.

How many wanna bet the worker was raised in a daycare herself?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I agree with you there. I HAVE to work. But it is not so I can have 2 new cars, we are seriousloy sinking.

but I have plenty of mom friends who say they have to work, yet they have nice big tvs, 2 new cars and a large house.

I wish I could stay at home. I was happiest being a SAHM.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

unfortunately this is true, if people REALLY want to they could get by on one wage- often it will be "getting by", ie give up the second car, no holidays for a while, living quite frugally, but, the welfare of your kid is priority- our society has lost it's drift for decades.

We have two kids, with each of them in the first year my wife gave work up completely, she then works a 3 day week, with those 3 days involving split "minding" by a family friend (who is a trained child minder and minds only ours along with her own) and my wife's parents (of course, we are quite fortunate having family assistance like that)

My heart would break if my child (especially in the first year, before they can even start to communicate orally with you) was "dumped" in a day care centre along with dozens of other kids and uninterested young "minders""

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I do sympathise with your plight, hope my post wasn't too judgemental, having willing and able grandparents is a big help

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Like several of you, while I read this I was dreading that it might have happened in my vicinity... but it wasn't really comforting to know it happened in a friendly place even if it was an ocean away.

Truth is, this is happening everywhere.

Many of the parents I know would prefer to raise their own children, if it were possible they would. But somehow, we have made it impossible (generally speaking).

Now when you leave a child with a stranger, whom you only know by virtue of a service you pay for, you can never rest assured that all is well until your child is old enough to tell you what happens... and even then you can't be completely sure.

Perhaps the day will come when populist movements call for universal daycare as a mandate of the government, like education, or health care. Problem is that I am very skeptical about the competency of any institutionalized system which is developed by a committee of faux-public servants and/or political appointees.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Maxmars]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join