It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious STUPIDITY!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yodagod
reply to post by Justaposter

And if you are going to nit pick anyone with any type of belief system (yes atheists this includes you)

How the hell does "not" believing something equate to a belief system ? That's silly

I don't believe that I don't believe nothing systematic about that.

I don't believe that I left the car unlocked, I don't have a "don't believe that I left the car unlocked beleife system, any more than I have a don't believe that the moon is made of cheese beleif system"

Seriously? Not believing in something, is a choice, if you don't "believe" in anything then you do believe in something correct?

Call it religion, call it the universe, call it nothing, it still equals a belief in something.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

So they should shut up with their nonsense...........

Why? Why should they shut up if they bother THEM-SELF with this nonsense?
See, lack of tolerance is also common trait in our society. There is the same percentage of intollerance in religious and non-religious communities. Why should you care what they(and by the way there is no real "they", there are lots of different groups in any religion with their own differences) do as long as it does not bother you on personal level?
Why "they" should care what you do as long as it does not bother them on personal level?
By the way, i was mistaken. Original was that internet causes cancer. So lettuce=autism is the response to it.
Here is linky (in Hebrew).
www.nrg.co.il...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Understanding that this thread is intended in somewhat good fun ... some might infer a causal link between not being quite right (don't like to use the word stupid) and being religious when nothing could be further from the truth.

Much of the qualities or lack thereof we possess we are born with, therefore they precede action. That is to say that if someone is over the top with their belief it isn't their beliefs that made them so it is simply that they were predisposed to be that way anyway and they happen to associate a belief as a vehicle to express said predisposition.

For example ... I am stupid and happen to be agnostic, not stupid because I am agnostic.

Same goes with the funny thinking peoples in the OP.

[edit on 23 Mar 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

They should shut up because linking lettuce or internet for (if its a hoax) to cancer, is down right stupid...
And it angers me that they do it in the name of god...
So yes, those people should shut up because they make other people believe in these stuff and create a whole generation of imbiciles

But I'm saying shut up in a laughing manner because I know basically they will do what ever they please and I dont intend to change peoples mind by force

[edit on 23-3-2010 by freebourn]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Seriously? Not believing in something, is a choice, if you don't "believe" in anything then you do believe in something correct?

Er no that's not correct that's silly.

I don't believe that the moon is made of cheese. There is a period after the statement.

"I don't believe fairies exist." See, there is another period after that statement.

"I do believe an elephant has been in my refrigerator." yet another period after the statement.

Where exactly is the belief system ?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

Well looks like I'm sh!t out of luck ... I'm on HELL'S MOST WANTED twice ... (Pagan and Witch) oh well ... whatcha gonna do.

Woody

Just thought ... I'm totally doomed because I quite like lettuce too.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Lettuce.. And surfing the internet....
Thats double whammy!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Understanding that this thread is intended in somewhat good fun ... some might infer a causal link between not being quite right (don't like to use the word stupid) and being religious when nothing could be further from the truth.

Then those people must be too stupid to read the OP where he clearly points out that these are examples of extremes.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn

Lettuce.. And surfing the internet....
Thats double whammy!

Dammit all ...
a double, double whammy

Woody

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ding ding ding!

Streight to hell!

You loose a 100 points, skip a go, and go streight to hell!

They should start a game called Religionopoly

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I don't believe that the moon is made of cheese. There is a period after the statement.

"I don't believe fairies exist." See, there is another period after that statement.

"I do believe an elephant has been in my refrigerator." yet another period after the statement.

Funny how you focus on the BS and not the actual question. You do realize you don't have all the answers so stop pretending you do.

Now onto important stuff.. Lettuce?? WHAT?? oh hell..

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

Funny how you focus on the BS and not the actual question. You do realize you don't have all the answers so stop pretending you do.

Now onto important stuff.. Lettuce?? WHAT?? oh hell..

I have all the answers and I do not believe in anything. Just saying that I must because you cannot comprehend that I do not does not change the reality of the logic of the idea that I do not believe in anything. That is it. If you want to prove that means I must still believe in something then you should have no trouble telling me what that something is.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You know ... I said this earlier:

Much of the qualities or lack thereof we possess we are born with, therefore they precede action. That is to say that if someone is over the top with their belief it isn't their beliefs that made them so it is simply that they were predisposed to be that way anyway and they happen to associate a belief as a vehicle to express said predisposition.

And it sort of got me thinking of a story I recently read:

www.nytimes.com...

Especially I line where he says:

He acknowledged that he was drawn to extremes.

And that's all I was really trying to convey ... namely that no matter one's personal traits, they precede the act itself and the act is merely a vehicle.

In the case of this gentleman, the extremism is constant even if the two beliefs are diametrically opposed.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn

Ding ding ding!

Streight to hell!

You loose a 100 points, skip a go, and go streight to hell!

They should start a game called Religionopoly

Hey get that idea patented before someone else snaps it up and makes a fortune.

I'll see you in hell ... I hear it's rather warm this time of year.

Woody

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
Riddle yourselves this -

Q: Would satan be more apt to continuously attack non believers...... or believers.

A: satan doesn't worry about the non believers - he doesn't have to. Why? Because he knows they are no threat to him.

Believers on the other hand are very much a threat to him - he hates all people who worship Jesus Christ.

satan is alive and kicking in our world, on our planet, in our schools, in our music, etc. He is also, sadly, most present in our churches - i.e. he is working overtime attacking the churches, and believers, in a last ditch attempt to see who can be swayed from Jesus Christ. He knows he is on borrowed time now.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by nomorecruelty]

That's the great thing about Christianity, it has it's own loophole where anything that could discredit their faith is simply a matter of the devil, a nice touch if you want to control people and make sure they never leave your religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join