It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should "Rods" Threads Be Consigned To The Hoax Forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Attention Mods:

If I have posted this in the wrong forum, or if I have posted subject matter that is not appropriate, please move or delete my thread.

G'day

Threads about "rods" still pop up on ATS.

It appears that almost all agree that "rods" are a hoax perpetrated by Escamilla & Co.

I think serious consideration should be given to consigning "rods" threads to the Hoax Forum.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Rods are one of those phenomena that have in fact been sufficiently explained; the chance capture of insects with wingbeats too quick for standard cameras to discern. If it's true that some people have seen them out the corner of their eyes, it must be the same thing.

So, I say, no, they should not be consigned to the hoax forum; they should just be hastily explained.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
So, I say, no, they should not be consigned to the hoax forum; they should just be hastily explained.

G'day Solasis

Sometimes the "hasty" explanation does not work.

The result can be a "rods battle thread" that just adds to the "noise" on ATS.

I also don't like seeing new members getting conned by the rods thing & then possibly going to Escamilla's site & spending money because of his continuing rods hoaxing.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I do not know much about the rods. If the entire phenomenon has been identified as a fake then we should put it in the hoax forum. UFOs have a percentage of fakes and misidentifications so the phenomenon as a whole is not a fake.

My 2 cts

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
If the entire phenomenon has been identified as a fake then we should put it in the hoax forum.

G'day Tiger5

Yes.....the "entire phenomenon has been identified as a fake".

Many members have posted definitive & easily understood info to this effect.

I particularly recommend the work of DepthofField.....here is one example of his work in a recent "rods" thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=depthoffield

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
I do not know much about the rods. If the entire phenomenon has been identified as a fake then we should put it in the hoax forum. UFOs have a percentage of fakes and misidentifications so the phenomenon as a whole is not a fake.

My 2 cts

If you don't know much about rods, you should watch this:

Why not explain them AND move them to the hoax section?

I noticed Escamilla now claims that the rods captured with low shutter speeds may be artifacts, but he captures them with higher shutter speeds so they can't be artifacts.

But I don't think he knows what the true shutter speed is and moreover, the critical factor is probably the frame rate. Monster Quest used 1000 FPS. Escamilla never claimed to capture rods at such a high frame rate that I have found. And if he did claim that, given his credibility on other issues like calling craters "flying saucers", I wouldn't be inclined to believe him.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

G'day Arbitrageur

That's fair enough.....

Explain it first & then move it to the hoax forum

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I agree MMN,

Some may say "Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me" ... but clearly they should be in the hoax forum.

IRM

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

I agree MMN,

Some may say "Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me" ... but clearly they should be in the hoax forum.

IRM

G'day InfaRedMan

I just can't believe Escamilla still pushes this rods thing & people still get conned by it.

Did you know that one of his mates is a member on here?

He wrote to me & stated he had personally researched "rods" with Escamilla & they are real.....

:shk: :shk: :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
well it would have been cool a unkown insect or animal but at this point its been proven enough to show its just regular bugs and a camra effect .
now up to taht point ppl wernt sure so it was a real thing inso much taht the effect was there .
but now we know that its just bugs sometimes small birds well assine it to the lockness monster .
yea tahts a hox we all know that the guy who amde that photo in the 30des faked it said so on his death bed.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yes I got the same thing from somebody. I asked if they could show me rods filmed at 1000 fps like the Monster Quest video I just posted above.

No reply.

Sometimes no answer is an answer.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

I just can't believe Escamilla still pushes this rods thing & people still get conned by it.

Did you know that one of his mates is a member on here?

He wrote to me & stated he had personally researched "rods" with Escamilla & they are real.....

:shk: :shk: :shk:

Jose Escamilla himself was a member on here for a bit... until he got banned... and I'm sure it was for hoaxing

There's one born every minute as they say... :shk:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Attention Mods:

If I have posted this in the wrong forum, or if I have posted subject matter that is not appropriate, please move or delete my thread.

G'day

Threads about "rods" still pop up on ATS.

It appears that almost all agree that "rods" are a hoax perpetrated by Escamilla & Co.

I think serious consideration should be given to consigning "rods" threads to the Hoax Forum.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

i have something very important to say regarding 'rods'

in america the consensus is that they are anomolies on film, but while living in japan i saw a documentary with english subtitles about a japanese man and his son who were hiking a mountain near the ocean, and aa swarm of 'rods' attacked them, nearly killing the father,

they managed to fight them off, but it was a serious attack, they clearly saw the shape and size of them, and distinctly remember the odd patterns of movement that didn't make sense with any known creature, insect mammal or otherwise, also they noted their ability to engage in rediculous speed spurts , which is how they managed to attack them, since they are shaped like 'rods' they could shoot out very fast and 'peirce' the father and his son, it was a blood bath, and the scars do testify,

i do admit, i am skeptical, but

i have to say, this is important, information regarding 'rods' is not the same country to country to say the least, they even have set up 'traps' and got them on tape because they seem to enjoy flying through circles ,

my point is

the japanese have extensive public information on the subject regardless of it's authenticity, and this information that i speak of demands investigation before labeled a 'hoax'

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
ps, for your convienence i will post links to the information i speak of later today, promise, as right now i do not have the time
peace till then

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Yes I got the same thing from somebody. I asked if they could show me rods filmed at 1000 fps like the Monster Quest video I just posted above.

No reply.

Sometimes no answer is an answer.

G'day Arbitrageur

I'm wondering if that was the same person that pushed it with me.....

I didn't identify the member because I didn't want to start a "beat up" on a particular member.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Jose Escamilla himself was a member on here for a bit... until he got banned... and I'm sure it was for hoaxing

There's one born every minute as they say... :shk:

G'day blupblup

Yes he was on here, wasn't he.....

I can't see he'd have appreciated a little of the ol' ATS analysis & scrutiny.

He'd have run a mile, if he wasn't banned!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

G'day indigothefish

I've read a little of the Japanese specific "rods" material.

I will be interested to see the material you post, albeit I can't see how it can be a "rods" attack

I look forward to reading your info

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Yes I'd like to see that too. Well if they can catch one of the things that attacked them, with a net or something that would be interesting.

Also you have to take what locals say with a grain of salt. I saw a documentary in China where a local guy said he had found dragon's teeth, but he wasn't a scientist.

He took some scientists to the site, and they found dinosaur teeth. So the mythical creature turns out to be a real creature, it's just that the gigantic teeth belong to dinosaurs instead of dragons, but I can see how finds like this could start a dragon myth, the teeth are real so maybe it's not just a myth.

Likewise maybe there's a real creature involved in the attacks you mentioned, but they just don't know the proper name for it. But the proper name for the creature probably isn't "rods".

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

It's not just that the consensus is that they are filmic anomalies; it is that they have been seriously proven to be such. If the story that you relate to us is in fact true, they were not rods. Rod motion is actually quite conventional; straight lines, and while very fast, not impossibly fast.

The Japanese do have a different story, which is closely associated, of "skyfish." I don't actually know whether it's associated in myth, but my experience with a video game called "Forbidden Siren" suggests that there is a tendency amongst Japanese myth-fans to associate the two, but I think "Skyfish" is at least a different situation.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
some rod information here

People were scared and shocked when they realized that rods might be living creatures, so the first thing they did was try to disprove this by showing that air rods were something normal that simply showed up on film in an odd way. They already had solid proof that rods were not two-dimensional blotches on the film. This meant that rods could be insects, birds, or something else that was somehow blurred weirdly as it was being filmed. However, all attempts to deliberately create air rod footage by filming insects and birds in odd ways failed to produce anything that matched the features of rods. Airborne debris, such as bits of straw, also failed to duplicate air rods. The most studied air rod films showed air rods swooping within a dozen feet of the camera, coming close to the ground and going between objects with nearby trees and bushes visible behind the air rods, so that they couldn't be long, thin birds or precise lines of insects seen in the distance, as some skeptics claimed

Close study of air rod films revealed a number of very interesting features. As these rods zoomed about, they displayed all the features of three-dimensional objects. In other words, they were not two-dimensional blotches on the camera lens or on the film itself, but something out there in the environment that was actually being filmed by accident. This three-dimensional nature of air rods has been proven without a doubt by the types of measurements and tests that only professionals can do. Careful measurements showed that most rods were between four inches and three feet long. They seemed like uniform cylinders without any difference between the head end and tail end, with pairs of appendiges along the length of this cylinder. In some air rods, these appendiges look like fins that vibrate rapidly along the entire length of the cylinder in undulating waves. Other rods have appendiges that look more like very rapidly beating bee wings. Most of the time, rods are blurry and transparent in color, making them inconspicuous. A rare few are more white in color, sometimes an even, solid white. The cylinder part often resembles an out-of-focus hair on the camera lens, but the appendiges along with the three-dimensional turnings and motions mean that genuine air rods cannot possibly be hairs on the camera lens.

Apart from the fad and the weirdos this fad has attracted, serious researchers are still trying to find a solution to the air rod mystery. The biggest part of this mystery focuses on what air rods might be made of. How can something be visible on film (even if it is inconspicuous) but never to the naked eye? There is no known material substance that has this property. Faddists like to claim that air rods move too fast for people to see them. This is simply not true. Although air rods are fast, many films show them taking several seconds to circle a person. Anything going at such a speed ought to be visible.

japan sky fish video

top topics

<<   2 >>

join