It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay soldier arrested in protest outside White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

U.S. Park Police arrested a gay soldier and another man Thursday after they handcuffed themselves to the fence surrounding the White House in protest of the military's policy preventing gay and lesbian service members from serving openly.

The two men were charged with failure to obey a lawful order after they were warned to remove the handcuffs or face arrest, said Park Police Sgt. David Schlosser.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

I was really proud of Choi when he appealed instead of accepting his discharge and starting working with Knights Out. I hope his protest does not fall on deaf ears.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I remember when Choi came out to the public on Rachel Maddow's show. He is a very smart and honorable man. DADT is coming to an end, but they can't give up until it's done.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Him protesting is one thing, but falling under the jurisdiction of the UCMJ is another. He signed on the dotted line and as such is subject to the UCMJ. I have no doubt this will spark quite a battle over civil rights etc, however, he may find it a little rough going. On the other hand the military may bow out just to keep face, if this happens it is a slap in the face to everyone serving in the military. It ends being a debate on homosexuality and becomes another matter entirely on the legality of the UCMJ and it's enforcement.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by adifferentbreed]

join