It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Paul nettles GOP - Cheney Aide Considers Rand Paul A Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Rand Paul is Ron Paul's son for those that don't know and he is running for senate.

Senior Republicans in Kentucky and Washington D.C. are deeply concerned about Senate candidate Trey Grayson’s campaign as he struggles to narrow the gap against GOP primary rival Rand Paul.

Recognizing the threat, a well-connected former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney convened a conference call last week between Grayson and a group of leading national security conservatives to sound the alarm about Paul.

“On foreign policy, [global war on terror], Gitmo, Afghanistan, Rand Paul is NOT one of us,” Cesar Conda wrote in an e-mail to figures such as Liz Cheney, William Kristol, Robert Kagan, Dan Senor and Marc Thiessen.

With an attached memo on Paul’s noninterventionist positions, Conda concluded: “It is our hope that you can help us get the word out about Rand Paul’s troubling and dangerous views on foreign policy.”

Part of the strategy is to portray Paul as just plain weird

www.politico.com...

So they consider Rand Paul to be dangerous to the republican party.
Ok let me rephrase...

They consider the true republican platform to be a threat to the neocon hijacked republican party.

Speaks volumes doesn't it?

At least that means he's very much making strides.... they are afraid!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
For someone like Paul to get elected, or people like him rather, the right will have to vote for him to send a message to the current neocon masters.

Problem is, they simply wont. People in the voting booth will continue to vote for the lesser of two evils verses make a stand. Dems may win several election cycles if they do start voting for people like R.P.

However, this would be a good thing. Partys out of office for awhile tend to do alot of restructuring, and if they find there is a spike in libertarianism over neo-conservatism, then they will eventually start putting that foot forward...but the longer people vote for the lesser of two evils, then the longer the establishment will remain the same.

-add: I would vote for a social liberal with fiscal conservative views. Its time we bring logic and freedom to the whitehouse...not the choice of either one or the other.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
They should be scared. Ron Paul is not perceived as a crack pot as often as he once was. People are coming around. Rand is going to find many people share his views.

I looked through the website Grayson's supporters put up and I have to admit, if I lived in his district I would vote for Rand Paul. Actually, I am sending him a contribution.

I believe he and others with non-career political views will find support easier than ever before.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Let me first state that I fully support Ron Paul and his political views in which he advocates. That being said I do believe that there has been such a great sway from his views on foreign policy, etc., that if we were to switch over and change these policies in such a drastic way in the mess that we created that it would be even more dangerous to do such a thing. In my opinion such change would have to be created over a course of a decade or so.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

-add: I would vote for a social liberal with fiscal conservative views. Its time we bring logic and freedom to the whitehouse...not the choice of either one or the other.

Excellent statement. And I agree with you. Both the Dems and Reps have tried to corner the market on specific views but it seems that many people fall somewhere in the middle.

I too consider myself a social liberal and also fiscally conservative. I want social programs where they are needed and I want them to run efficiently. We can have the best of both worlds.

I very rarely agree with everything someone says or believes but I can usually find a common ground.

I like some of what Ron Paul brings to the table and there is some I do not like. But that is life. I think he brings nice balance to the spectrum. I think that we need more people like him and fewer neo-cons.

top topics

join