It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Town to Rescind Ban on Church Meetings in Homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Arizona Town to Rescind Ban on Church Meetings in Homes

www.foxnews.com

A controversial ban on holding church meetings in private homes in a rapidly-growing town in Arizona could be rescinded as early as next week, officials say.

Gilbert, Ariz., Mayor John Lewis said members of the city's Town Council have asked town officials to stop enforcing the ban until permanent changes can be made at a March 23 meeting -- or possibly earlier.

"We welcome their input and suggestions to ensure that church groups are able to meet and enjoy their Constitutional rights,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wasen't there something like this in Caifornia just last year?
No Bible Study

It certainly looks like their is a direct attack of our basic rights and freedoms and on the ones who uphold those values.

Is it just me or are we seeing scarry nightmare #4 ( As in Hilters 4th Yahoo) raise its ugly head higher and higher. The sad thing is that we all know this and much worse times are comming for us who want freedom and claim Christianity.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

WoW! Articles like this one really leave me wondering what goes through the minds of elected city officials. How on earth could anyone justify the use of a zoning bylaw to ban gatherings of any type in a private home? Focusing on Christian meetings leaves me questioning that city's ulterior motives!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Good to hear, and figured that's what would happen, once people got wind of this. Good job Gilbert...

top topics

join