It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gods are Planets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
whose gods? from when?, yes planets do get represented as gods in mythology. Planets are alive in a way, though some may not appear to be in our dimension. Some see planets as the next layer up in bodies of consciousness, gods only to their inhabitants much like the sun is to the solar system and the super massive black hole is to the surrounding galaxy eminated from it. The heirachial tiers or fractals of god so to speak.

Who is to say with one hundred percent certainty that mythology is incorrect?

There are many beliefs from civilizations centuries ago that are scoffed at, or condemned, or are ridiculed. Who is to say that civilizations from the past weren't in fact correct? Who is to say that they weren't visited by Aliens or Gods? Who is to say they weren't given the truth of our existence?

Many ancient civilizations worshipped reptilian Gods. Is that nothing more than coincidence or could it be far more significant than we presently believe?

the Mayans for example seemed to be quite fluent in regards to our galaxy and our universe. They also had none of our current technology at their disposal.

The ancient egyptians were also quite interesting. They constructed pyramidical structures much like the mayans did, as well as other ancient civilizations.

Coincidence? Or again, something far significant?

The problem with people today, as well as hundreds of years ago or longer, is that they laugh at the open minded. They ridicule the open minded. They condemn the open minded, only to find out years later, that the open minded were indeed correct in their observations.

I don't rule out anything when it comes to our universe. It is already inexplicable. It is absolutely mind boggling. It apparently came in to existence from nothingness, and yet anyone who believes in a creator is laughed at and ridiculed these days.

I do not claim to have the answers to our existence, our universe or our origin, however, I certainly do know that I will never ridicule others for their theories, nor will I ridicule others for their beliefs when regarding such a complex subject.

In the grand scheme of things, humanities knowledge is very, very miniscule indeed.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Your theory of planets being gods calls for a pantheon that would be immensely large (millions, if not billions of "gods"/planets throughout the universe). Furthermore, what are moons then?
And what kinds of gods are bound by the laws of physics the way celestial spheres are. Most planets just routinely orbit their parent stars for millions or billions of years with little deviation. That doesn't sound like a god's life to me.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Solasis

Yes. Solomons Pillars are used in various pieces of art and have a specific ratio which I think is 27/9. That ratio was also used in the WTC, eariler on the symbol was portrayed by Shakespeare as well as a theatre called the globe in which he conducted a society to act out comedy, tragedy and romance using "The whole world as a stage."

I tried to look up "Solomon's Pillars WTC." The first, evidently most popular result was this steaming pile of befuddling nonsense: jcemmanuel.wordpress.com...

The Globe was called such because it was round. "The whole world's a stage, and we merely players" might have something to do with a manipulated world, but it is more likely simply a metaphor for the fact that we can be described as actors/players. How do the pillars have the ratio? What elements -- height and diameter? height and circumference? diameter and age? And how does that ratio occur in the twin towers? You've come a little closer to explaining, but you're still just asserting things.

It can't be 27/9, by the way; that's just 3. or, rather, 3/1.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isosceles

Who is to say with one hundred percent certainty that mythology is incorrect?

There are many beliefs from civilizations centuries ago that are scoffed at, or condemned, or are ridiculed. Who is to say that civilizations from the past weren't in fact correct? Who is to say that they weren't visited by Aliens or Gods? Who is to say they weren't given the truth of our existence?

Many ancient civilizations worshipped reptilian Gods. Is that nothing more than coincidence or could it be far more significant than we presently believe?

the Mayans for example seemed to be quite fluent in regards to our galaxy and our universe. They also had none of our current technology at their disposal.

The ancient egyptians were also quite interesting. They constructed pyramidical structures much like the mayans did, as well as other ancient civilizations.

Coincidence? Or again, something far significant?

The problem with people today, as well as hundreds of years ago or longer, is that they laugh at the open minded. They ridicule the open minded. They condemn the open minded, only to find out years later, that the open minded were indeed correct in their observations.

I don't rule out anything when it comes to our universe. It is already inexplicable. It is absolutely mind boggling. It apparently came in to existence from nothingness, and yet anyone who believes in a creator is laughed at and ridiculed these days.

I do not claim to have the answers to our existence, our universe or our origin, however, I certainly do know that I will never ridicule others for their theories, nor will I ridicule others for their beliefs when regarding such a complex subject.

In the grand scheme of things, humanities knowledge is very, very miniscule indeed.

I totally agree so I think we misunderstand each other

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Your theory of planets being gods calls for a pantheon that would be immensely large (millions, if not billions of "gods"/planets throughout the universe). Furthermore, what are moons then?
And what kinds of gods are bound by the laws of physics the way celestial spheres are. Most planets just routinely orbit their parent stars for millions or billions of years with little deviation. That doesn't sound like a god's life to me.

Celestial bodies have physical attributes and properties. Astronomers named planets and other celestial bodies as described by the previous age. It is the living communicating with the dead so to speak.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Well I wpnt say anything about that but with Jacynth & Boaz you are right on.

That is basically the real story.

9/11 was simply told on a lrger stage.

SCALE

The reason planets are considered gods is because of one word mentioned already called fractals.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
So what about the planets that are forming now or will form in the future?

Baby gods?

As so if planets are gods ... what are stars? ... what are nebulas? what are galaxies? what is the universe?

For the sake of the thread that question is only about 85% rhetorical ...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Care to prove me wrong?

If you had a good understanding of the universe, you might understand.

Why political leaders would deify themselves as Gods, but rather lived their lives according to elaborate myths that were based on constellations and astronomy.

Would take a shot if I cared to. Especially if you presented your argument with more detail.

I think I understand where you're getting at somewhat; but the planets were named using Greek figure names. This may or may not mean anything at all. However, I do not believe they are actual sentient deities (if this is where you're heading).

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

You are still not explaining anything. Who are these Jacynth and Boaz you suddenly brought up? Is it to do with that blog that I couldn't understand a word of?

Explain the things that you are asserting.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Personally, I think the Sun, Earth, Moon, and Jupiter are the real gods that we should care about. Unlike the all-mighty invisible god, these true gods can be seen and their actions can be felt.

The Sun protects us from all celestial objects from within the solar system, and is the giver of all life as we know it, except hydrothermal vents.

That would be the Earth. The Earth is the only place we know of that has sustained life for billions of years. It is the cradle of life.

The Moon has played a prominent role in the Earth's history as it causes the tides to transfer life from one area of the Earth to another. The Moon also has protected the Earth's life from many asteroid collisions.

Jupiter, the biggest planet in our solar system, basically absorbs all the other celestial objects coming from the outer solar system, this protects life on Earth.

Not all of the celestial bodies in space need to be refered to as gods. They could be semi-gods, but they shouldn't get anyone's prayers. You could also argue that whatever created our solar system should be a god too. So you could throw a nebula in there, but I don't think it is necessary to worship something that doesn't exist anymore.

Praying to just one main god is just silly. They switched it to one god to make it easier for you in your prayers. Instead of talking to a few gods for certain things, you now talk to one giant invisible god for everything. So everything you think and say can be grouped together and the one god can decide to listen or not. He never listens, that should give you a clue.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

The universe is a fractal basically. A fractal is based on geometry. The golden ratio is a pattern that occurs in all things in nature. Vectors are based on mathematical curves and the fractal universe is very much the same.

Everyone is a star. Have you ever heard that? There is a bit of truth in that phrase, of course it is all relative to scale.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Have you ever travelled in an airplane and noticed that most cities and man made structures appear to reflect natural patterns on the earth. It has been done this way for thousands of years.

9/11 does have very little to do with this subject, but as I am trying to illustrate a much bigger picture, I used it as an example because the symbolism of the towers falling has been around even longer than the towers themselves were.

The astronomical events described in the Bible and other various texts are key when looking at the present situation, it is basically a way of tracking various astronmical events throughout history.

One of those events is the transit of Venus which will occur next in 2012, last time was in 2004. Since Venus has an eliptical orbit after this last viewing it will not happen again for over 120 years. In the book of Revelations, The Jesus character asserts that he is the morning star, venus. However if you read through other parts of the Bible that atrribute, the morning star is also used when referring to Lucifer.

EDIT: I added an image of the pillars to give you a better idea.

[edit on 18-3-2010 by thehoneycomb]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Ah, you are capable of solid, paced argument! I haven't just been wasting my time here

Anyway. There are a few problems with your argument. Cities and other manmade structures follow the patterns of the landscape, in general, because that is the way it is easiest to build; it was mandatory for cities before the Industrial era to be very close to water sources and the like, and again, it's just easiest to build roads and buildings where they will fit. I'm not sure what you mean by "other manmade structures," though. Do skyscrapers, which seem to be the focal point of the examples in this conversation, resemble something in nature? You claimed that the twin towers resembled the pillars of Solomon, but those are not natural, are they? as to other things -- I suppose you mean that, say, houses are shaped kind of like mountains? If there is any truth to that sort of statement, it likely results from the tendency to make things which resemble things that we have already seen, and perhaps the impossibility of doing otherwise. This is an interesting subject, and I hope you'll continue to argue it with me...!

I would assert that the symbolism of towers falling has been around for so long because it is very easy to imagine something built very high collapsing down on itself; think of the story of the Tower of Babel, which I'm sure you are. It's just natural to expect these things to fall down. I think that it's much more likely that towers fall down sometimes, and that's become a part of our consciousness; 9/11 isn't the endpoint of a pattern of prophecy or anything, but instead a single point in a pattern of experience. And maybe that's actually what you meant, and I've just misread you; if so, I apologize. If not, let's keep the debate going!

Help me out with your astronomical events thesis; Are you saying that the transit of Venus which is coming up represents a changing of ages in a similar way to the advent of Christianity? Or are you claiming that Jesus and Lucifer got conflated, and John of Revelations was encoding that information? I don't deny that the astrological/nomical events described in the bible and other old texts are helpful in viewing history, but I'm still failing to see what exactly your claim about their relavence to the present is.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Take any book based on religion, you will get your fair share of symbolism and descriptions of astronmical events. The mayans are some of my favorites when it comes to symbolism as much was based on astronomy and their accuracy was profound. Their understanding was even more profound.

I assume that most people on ATS understand that on earth we go through 3,600 hundred years as an age. Right now we are approching the age of Aquarius, so yes the transit of venus is very important. What happened about 3,600 years ago? The great flood. However it is largely predicted that the end of this age will be by fire. Okay so thats vague, but we have a bit of a theme going on, elements.

Take a look at Supervolcanos and note the patterns of activity here.
en.wikipedia.org...

The loosely defined term 'supervolcano' has been used to describe volcanic fields that produce exceptionally large volcanic eruptions. Thus defined, the Yellowstone Supervolcano is the volcanic field which produced the latest three supereruptions from the Yellowstone hotspot. The three super eruptions occurred 2.1 million, 1.3 million, and 640,000 years ago; forming the Island Park Caldera, the Henry's Fork Caldera, and Yellowstone calderas, respectively[6]. The Island Park Caldera supereruption (2.1 million years ago), which produced the Huckleberry Ridge Tuff, was the largest and produced 2,500 times as much ash as the 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption. The next biggest supereruption formed the Yellowstone Caldera (640,000 years ago) and produced the Lava Creek Tuff. The Henry's Fork Caldera (1.2 million years ago) produced the smaller Mesa Falls Tuff but is the only caldera from the SRP-Y hotspot that is plainly visible today.[7]

You see what I am getting at?

Okay the skyscrapers are noted because they attract energy. But mainly what I was referring to was the geogrphical layout of neighborhoods and housing. This occured to me one day when flying over Chicago, the suburbs of Chicago from a birds eye view would be a good example.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join