It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about HAARP????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Now I am by no means an expert on this thing but something seems a little strange to me. I see it getting blamed for countless things from earthquakes to weather changes and so on.....

My question is this if I was running a purely scientific endeavor with peaceful applications I would be the first to stand up for my project. Why are they not doing this? In reality if nothing was going on you would see story after story from the people that actually work on it proving that they are doing nothing wrong, am I right or am I wrong?

Something does not add up when you have the Russian military and natural disaster's survivors pointing a very large finger at you and remain silent?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
the device is supposedly in the hands of the US military, the scientists would be forced to sign non dis-closer agreements, if they say anything about the project, they can be put in prison. they probably have families and say it is not worth the risk

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Free People of Earth

Hmm interesting then why does the US government not come out and say that there project could not do these things? It is like they are saying it is one thing when it is something completely different.

If it can not do these things then why would you want he world thinking it could? I am sure other countries have scientists that could prove this or dis-prove this.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Now I am by no means an expert on this thing but something seems a little strange to me. I see it getting blamed for countless things from earthquakes to weather changes and so on.....

My question is this if I was running a purely scientific endeavor with peaceful applications I would be the first to stand up for my project. Why are they not doing this? In reality if nothing was going on you would see story after story from the people that actually work on it proving that they are doing nothing wrong, am I right or am I wrong?

Something does not add up when you have the Russian military and natural disaster's survivors pointing a very large finger at you and remain silent?

When people say they do research about HAARP, it's usually a google search of HAARP conspiracy, or something that confirms their thesis.
HAARP has its own website you know, where they talk about what it actually does. www.haarp.alaska.edu...
From reading the FAQ, it plainly says that they cannot change the weather.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
HAARP has its own website you know, where they talk about what it actually does. www.haarp.alaska.edu...

I noticed on their website, that they say this,

Existing facilities, such as the IRI in operation at Tromsoe, Norway, typically can enhance F region electron temperatures over a small range of altitudes by up to about 80° F, relative to natural ambient temperatures of 1340° F to 1727° F

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

Wonder how many of these "facilities" they have?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Free People of Earth

HAARP is not classified so I see no reason for contracts to be signed saying the scientists can't talk. Also University scientists and their students also use the facility according to HAARP's website. Also, HAARPs web address is not .mil or .gov, it is .edu which would be truly odd if it was a secretive project.

I've been thinking about emailing them because my own knowledge on the project is limited and it'd be great to get a HAARP official to dispel the nonsense. I think the main reason most scientists accused of covering something up (such as NASA and aliens/2012) don't respond is because they are too busy with real science and real work to bother with dispelling pseudoscience and speculation.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

Existing facilities, such as the IRI in operation at Tromsoe, Norway, typically can enhance F region electron temperatures over a small range of altitudes by up to about 80° F, relative to natural ambient temperatures of 1340° F to 1727° F

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

I'm not sure, but it doesnt matter because they're harmless.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If it can "Kill", "Maim", "Cause Destruction", You can bet your bottom dollar than the Military will get their hands on it.

If it can help Humanity, Heal the World, Stop Pollution or do any other good, the Military won't be interested in it.

How can the people of the our World allow a Nuclear Powered, Nuclear Armed Platform to float on or under our Oceans, that, if Destroyed could wipe out our species, is Unbelievable..

Imagine what would happen if a World War broke out? If I wanted to cause a "Weapon Of Mass Destruction", I'd just have to destroy a Plane Carrier or Nuclear Submarine.

There are "Safety Devices" to stop this from happening.. Yeah, Right. Always Safety Devices. I'm sure that's what they said about Chernobyl..

Like I said. If it can Harm us or the Planet, you can bet the Military either Invented it, Acquired it or Modified it from peacefull applications.

My opinion is that HAARP was a peaceful, Peacetime experiment that the Military found could cause Catastrophic Damage and Acquired it for Nasty Uses..

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
what are the symptoms of haarp being used on a living human?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hi guys, i have followed ats for about 2 years and this topic has finally made me join!
I am currently reading the book on H.A.A.R.P by Jeane Manning and Nick Begich called Angels Dont Play This Haarp. If you want to find out more info on Haarp I highly suggest you read it. I am not saying Haarp can do all of these things spoken of both on here and in the book but I am certainly not dismissing Haarp as Just a scientific experiment.
Also If I was in charge of haarp and it could do some of these weather Modification's that it is being accused of, I would not be confirming this on the website, rather I would be saying the opposite....
my2cents

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Well, if the HAARP website says it can't change whether, i guess that settles that.

Awesome...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

I'm not sure, but it doesnt matter because they're harmless.

Umm, if you don't know how many facilities they have, then how do you know for sure they are harmless.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hello my friends ATS!

Here is a thought,in Venezuela El Guri Hydroelectric what is providing 74% of Venezuelas power is in big trouble,10 cm every day tropping water on here,today 2,9m more to go to critical limit???If so on 3 months Venezuela have an energia crisis what never happend before?Rain season not häppening this year?Why?Columbia offfer to sell enegia?Why?If you guys looking HAARP i who is benefit thats it?Mark my words!Something is gonna happening?Maybe Hugo can change his views fast?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

HAARP does not have to be classifed to require those working in or on the project to have contractual agreements of confidentality or even secrecy including a clearence or whatever level to work there. There are many government funded, backed and endorsed projects/experiements that go on everyday around the world that are required to enforce many varying levels of confidentality in order to keep government funds, equipment and personnel to be avalible for use. If the gov deems a company's project worthy of it's support (in whatever form) then it will impose restrictions or requirements due if nothing else, to protect the goverment's interest in that particular project.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Lets look at the facts?
Why in Venezuela not have raining season this year?
Why Colombia suddenly offer to sell electricidad?
Why i am worried about this?
I dont?
so next?
Only time will tell???

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
On Friday May 14, 2010 9:00AM Dayton Ohio Dr. Bernhardt will be
answering questions about HAARP from the public. If you care to ask.

Source

Highlights this year include:
DR. Paul Bernhardt KF4FOR - Dr. Bernhardt is the Senior research physicist for the Naval Research laboratory. He heads HAARP at the Naval research laboratory facility in Alaska and Arecebo in Puerto Rico. Dr. Bernhardt will present a program outlining the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP).

Source

Dr. Bernhardt used the high-power HF facility near Arecibo, Puerto Rico, and Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, from 1985 to 1999, to record the first Charged Coupled Device CCD images of artificial aurora at mid latitudes. These images illuminated natural and artificial irregularities in the ionosphere. He served on the Arecibo Users and Science Advisory Council from 1992 to 1994. Dr. Bernhardt is currently sponsored for ionospheric modification research by the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) in Alaska.

Dr. Bernhardt has published over 100 papers in ionospheric and space physics. He holds patents for hyper-spectral imaging and radio beacon design. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) as a member of the Nuclear and Plasma Sciences Society. Dr. Bernhardt is a Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS) through the Division of Plasma Physics. He is also a member of the American Geophysical Union (AGU). For AGU, Dr. Bernhardt has been an associate editor of the Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR) and the journal Radio Science as well as a member of the AGU Books Board Editor. He is also a member of the International Union of Radio Science (URSI) where he was Chairman of the US Commission on Waves in Plasmas from 1994-1997. He is a member of the Nuclear and Plasma Science Society (NPSS) of the IEEE. Dr. Bernhardt is currently a member-at-large of the US National Commission of URSI.

He just might know of what he speaks!
What would you like to ask him?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ekiusa

I'm not following the context of your reply to mine to another poster. I'm not questioning the purported effects, proven or otherwise of HAARP.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well,guys I am going to give you all a link to a web site about this subject.

I just got off it and came here to see if it was still being discussed.

This will be a good read for all and will enlighten you all as to what is being done and where it is being done.

It is not HAARP.That is just a research facility.

There is another facility farther north near Fairbanks.

At a place called Poker Flats.That is the top secret military run facility.

That is where the weapon is,not the facility at Gakuna.

Here are the links.

You can find them all by clicking the first link and then within the site find the Norway Spiral article ,then in that article you find a link to the Poker Flats visit.

Or Just click on each one individually here.

First link the website that has articles of all kinds of conspiracies.

Viewzone

This is a article about the Norway Spiral and HAARP.

Norway Spiral

This is the story about the REAL facility and the author's visit to see where it is.

Poker Flats the real weapon

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Oneolddude]

[edit on 15-3-2010 by Oneolddude]

top topics

join