It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez: The Internet cannot be something open where anything is said and done.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
"The Internet cannot be something open where anything is said and done. Every country has to apply its own rules and norms,"

I see no problem with that. The net shouldn't be a place where anything is said and done. Can you say and do everything here? No. What about the other websites you visit? No. Furthermore, he said every country should apply its own rules and norms, so where is the problem?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
But is he saying that to preserve his own political skin? Or the preservation of the constitution? Does he believe the squelching of dissent and to what degree is gona be ok for his country.?

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The Nature of CIA intervention in Venezuela:

www.venezuelanalysis.com...

[edit on 15-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Drew this film on Chavez should have given a little better account of why the coup decided to cave in without further violence. And should have included him talking about what was said to him durring his captivity.

Also the CIA would have know to shut down channel 8 in such a way as it wouldnt operate.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ay Hugo! How`s this for anything being said or done on the internet: In my constitutionally protected opinion, Hugo Chaves should be hogtied and tossed into a jail cell in his own country and let the sickos have at `im! And afterward, let him be eaten alive by wild boars...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
"The Internet cannot be something open where anything is said and done. Every country has to apply its own rules and norms,"

I see no problem with that. The net shouldn't be a place where anything is said and done. Can you say and do everything here? No. What about the other websites you visit? No. Furthermore, he said every country should apply its own rules and norms, so where is the problem?

I agree the internet as a whole does not need to be regulated. If people want regulation they can go to a website where the owners can "regulate" as they see fit.

If they regulate the internet there will be a NEW internet that they cannot touch.
You can take that to the bank.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by '___'omino]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Your comment immediately reminded me of Chris Marker's amazing saga about the CIA attack on Chile -- "the Battle of Chile" -- the film had to be SMUGGLED OUT OF FASCIST CHILE VIA A DIPLOMATIC POUCH:

grunes.wordpress.com...

Such are the constraints of documenting CIA coups a la 911.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Excellent points.

And I would add that one of the tactics used by the US and others is to use pop culture and media to create dissent within a nation whose leaders we do not like by inciting its youth primarily, against the established authority in those countries.

We complain bitterly about how "terrorists" are using the web for their activities, but in fact, our country uses it to cause problems for other leaders as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The internet is completely open in the US.

have you seen dirtyphonebook.com... ? Random annonymous comments about anybody in the country is now possible.

Have you seen chatroulette.com... ? It's nothing but a cock free for all.

There are no censors in the US and thats how it should be.

Chavez is nothing more than a thug.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by priv999B

Sex is the easiest way to disempower the resistance -- hence the CIA in the 1960s promoting free love -- it's called Sex Blackmail -- Clinton, Gary Hart -- censorship? Not when you got the NSA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join