It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stupid Tax on Anything, proof of government failure and malfeasance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A recent thread sparked my interest in writing a new thread about the ridiculous amount of taxes imposed on people in the US and worldwide. VIEW THREAD HERE

In the US, on a Federal level we have a few different types of taxes imposed on the population.

Federal Income Tax
Social Security Tax
Estate, Gift Taxes
Employment Taxes
Excise Taxes on Tobacco, Fuel etc.

On state and local levels we have other Taxes

State income taxes
Property Tax
Local Project Levies
Sales Tax

among others... Most areas differ by a few degrees

Also, there are other taxes levied on citizens that are unseen, but not unnoticed. Inflation itself is a tax, in that, it takes away a percentage of the value of money from the people who work for it. What is sinister about this tax is that when the new money is loaned to banks, the banks get full use of the value of the money, while the people (you and me) have to deal with the lag period between the inevitable raising prices and the wage rate increase.

Let me break this down.
1. Banks and the Government get full use of new money
2. After its initial use, the price of goods goes up
3. Regular people have to deal with higher prices during the period of time that wage rates have yet to increase in proportion to inflation
4. By the time wage rates have met with price increase, the whole process is already started over and rinse and repeat.

Another form of Taxation is future tax. With this, I mean that the Government is using the promise of future prosperity to leverage funds (borrow). So quite literally, the government is imposing a tax to be administered some time in the future in order to pay back these funds.
This method of fund raising has one very disturbing reality. Your children are born owing money. This is like ones parents using the estimated future equity of the holdings of their children in order to gain collateral for their mortgage.

Imagine what would happen if you went to a bank and tried to get a loan using someone else' home as collateral without their consent.

It seems the Government of the USA is trying to find every excuse to levy money and property from the citizen and it is not going away. In military terms, it is called mission creep. This is when the mission grows larger and longer as accountability is lost(remind you of any current military action?).

As far as US Taxes, I know quite a bit. I invite all people living outside the US or people that have lived outside the US to elaborate on their tax system. I have to go at the moment, but I will be on later.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

You missed the most devious and hidden of the taxes:
- Corporate Taxes
- Inflation Taxes

The corporate tax is a tax on the poor because corporations like Walmart who sell to the poor get the money they pay into taxes from the price of the foods they sell to those poor people.

Inflation tax is a tax on the middle class since the rich own the banks and thats who gets the inflated money supply (free money for the rich).

You also missed the most insulting form of taxes: The crime-for-profit rings run by local police mafias who create trivial crimes for the purpose of collecting ticket revenues. In Virginia their legal code even states that the purpose of their high fines is to max out their money income.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The only tax I dont want is sales tax.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Well, I wonder when the 13th Amendment was repealed. Does anyone else know of when that happened?

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

I thought I would go this way with your thread, sorry if I derail-

From this link-INVOLUNTARY SERVITUDE & PEONAGE

A condition of compulsory service or labor performed by one person, against his will, for the benefit of another person due to force, threats, intimidation or other similar means of coercion and compulsion directed against him.

In considering whether service or labor was performed by someone against his will or involuntarily, it makes no difference that the person may have initially agreed, voluntarily, to render the service or perform the work. If a person willingly begins work but later desires to withdraw and is then forced to remain and perform work against his will, his service becomes involuntary. Also, whether a person is paid a salary or a wage is not determinative of the question as to whether that person has been held in involuntary servitude. In other words, if a person is forced to labor against his will, his service is involuntary even though he is paid for his work.

However, it is necessary to prove that the person knowingly and willfully took action, by way of force, threats, intimidation or other form of coercion, causing the victim to reasonably believe that he had no way to avoid continued service, that he was confronted by the existence of a superior and overpowering authority, constantly threatening to the extent that his will was completely subjugated.

Title 18, U.S.C., Sec. 1584, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to willfully hold another person in involuntary servitude.

A person can be found guilty of that offense only if all of the following facts are proved beyond a reasonable doubt:

First: That the person held the victim in a condition of 'involuntary servitude';

Second: That such holding was for a 'term,'; and

Third: That the person acted knowingly and willfully.

It must be shown that a person held to involuntary servitude was so held for a 'term.' It is not necessary, however, that any specific period of time be proved so long as the 'term' of the involuntary service was not wholly insubstantial or insignificant.

Title 18, U.S.C., Sec. 1581(a) is the peonage law cited in the indictment.

The specific facts which must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt in order to establish the offense of peonage include each and all of the three specific factual elements constituting involuntary servitude as previously stated and explained in these instructions, plus a fourth specific fact; namely, that the involuntary servitude was compelled by the person in order to satisfy a real or imagined debt regardless of amount.

Do you notice one thing in this description. They kept saying PERSON!

We are all slaves, especially the children. Hell, the children born over the last 40 years, being born now, and in the future, are being born into slavery.

Welcome to the truth behind our government. They do not want citizens, they want slaves!

[edit on 3/14/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
be glad you don't live in Europe.

We have a energy tax here that is almost 90% higher than the actual energy costs.

I am pretty sick of all those taxes too.

three things in life are certain, birth, taxes and death.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And if you don't pay your taxes in the USA this is how the collect.
Bob Shallit: IRS visits Sacramento carwash in pursuit of 4 cents.
www.sacbee.com...
www.sacbee.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Inflation tax is a tax on the middle class since the rich own the banks and thats who gets the inflated money supply (free money for the rich).

I think I covered inflation pretty well.

You also missed the most insulting form of taxes: The crime-for-profit rings run by local police mafias who create trivial crimes for the purpose of collecting ticket revenues. In Virginia their legal code even states that the purpose of their high fines is to max out their money income.

This is a good one. This year, my parents district has seen close to a 1000% incline in police ticket issuance. My dad got a ticket for having his truck parked on the street for over 48 hrs. He was on vacation at the time and we did not have keys to move it. We had to break into it, and hot wire it so he wouldn't get another ticket and get it towed(this would have cost over $300 and a day in court, so add unto that court fees). Luckily I have done a few repossessions and could get it myself in a few minutes.

reply to post by endisnighe

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

I think you have found the reason why it doesn't have to be repealed. We are all criminals to them.

@Grey Magic

be glad you don't live in Europe.

Sadly, the trend in the US is to emulate more European systems. I may as well live in Europe if this keeps up.

three things in life are certain, birth, taxes and death.

A sad reality that we need to overcome.

This actually reminds me of a another issue. We are taxed over the same income, multiple times. Income tax is payed by the one who earns it and employment tax is payed by employer. So the government is already displacing money you earned twice. Then, when you want to buy something or spend your money in any way, you get hit with sales tax. God forbid you are spending your money on energy, you get hit with an excise tax on top of that. As mentioned above, corporations are taxed on income, so the cost is in the value of the good you bought. Then, if you have any money left over after all is said and done, those that inherit your meager savings and holdings, get taxed again on top of that.

The labor you got paid for ended up getting taxed many times.

Let's say you earn $100,000.
-Income tax takes a cut
-Social Programs take a cut
-The State takes a cut
-The Employer takes a cut from you to pay the cut they owe to the government for paying you.
-The State takes a cut for sales tax
-The Federal Gov't or State takes even more if you spend your money on something like tobacco, gasoline, etc

So ridiculous. We are all property of the government. The Social Contract has become a slavery pact. The Road to Serfdom is behind us now, and no one seems to care.

top topics

join