It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WalMart Fires Associate Of Year, Cancer Patient For Medical Marijuana

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
in most job applications esp in big places like walmart you sign a paper that basically says youll take a urine test at any time, not totally sure, but i would be willing to bet there is a loophole in that statement he signed apon employment where it says if you show positive for a drug that the federal government deemed illegal then you can face consequences,

if he failed a drug test because his doc gave him oxycotton, then a doctors note would be sufficient, BUT that's because oxycotton is not illegal, i t's just a prescription, marijuana on the other hand is illegal on a federal level, and doctors cannot prescribe it legally, they can only sign a paper that says they recomend you take it in to your own hands to find and use it yourself, and that's when it's legal on a state level for you to use it

it was totally politcally correct for them to fire him because that is the federal law and that is the way walmart functions,

my opinion, he obviously is a good worker, *or actually how BAD of a worker COULD he be if he won that award in 2005?* my point, he was not fired because of his inability to work, he was fired for the fact that he smoked or consumed marijuana which was in his rights anyways, if i were him i'd be pretty pissed!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by rusethorcain

Yes this is hysterical. The brain knows its dying so it kicks into gear trying to undo the damage.

You can sit in the dark or you can turn on a light.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The video I posted featured Chris Rock and other comedians talking about our hypocritical drug culture, and it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen! BTW I guess you missed these studies:

Marijuana spurs brain cell growth/ Forbes 2005
www.procon.org...

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's
www.cannabis.net...

Marijuana compound fights brain cancer: Study from the Examiner
www.examiner.com...

Marijuana Compound May Stop Breast Cancer From Spreading,
Study published by FOX News
www.foxnews.com...

Marijuana Compound May Fight Lung Cancer ABC News Health
abcnews.go.com...

Marijuana compound could prevent eye damage in diabetics:
www.bccare.net...

MARIJUANA MAY COMBAT PROSTATE CANCER
www.sanfranciscosentinel.com...

Marijuana Can Fight Prostate Cancer, Study Says
www.associatedcontent.com...

Stay away from this stuff...it might cure you of something!
Keep drinking and smoking cigarettes.

It is tragic and pitiful when people are targeted for death so others can continue reaping profits and they can't even see it.
Meanwhile others are deliberately kept from the natural substances that might improve the quality of and even save their own life.

(active links on page one of thread)

[edit on 13-3-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well wal-mart is well within their rights to do really whatever they want when it comes to drugs at the work place. Which is why he cannot find a lawyer to take his case. Istrongly believe there is more to the story than this becasue he can't get a lawyer and he sprained his knee at work. Wal-mart would have done anything to avoid paying a claim. If he was not useing medical pot than he would have been fired for another reason.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I was an assistant manager with Wal-Mart. They do not do random drug testing. You get tested before being hired, or if you have an on the job accident. I bet he was impaired at work got hurt or hurt someone else. Remember the news doesn't always report the whole story.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

God I am sick to death of seeing stories like this! Legalize it! Legalize it everywhere and free up this stinking mess! Then spend the time and effort that was being spent on potheads and spend that time and effort on a REAL drug problem, meth!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
we all have to remember that although it is legal in some states on a state level, it is illegal everywhere in the us on a federal level

Where in the constitution does it give the federal government that right?

Fed should never top state. Period.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

One has to wonder if a person gets fired for failing the opiate part of the drug test if they are perscribed Percoset for pain. If not, I believe this man has a case against Wal-Mart.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You make an excellent point. Being a cancer patient would put stress on Wal-Mart's health insurance making their premiums higher. I bet that was the real reason for the fire. It's supossed to be illegal but it happens all the time.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Nutter]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
They were either pot-fiends or addicted to something else.

lol @pot *fiends*

and this was what i was thinking...
what
wal mart employees are allowed to be twacked out on any old *cough* METH *cough* that is hard to drug test for. :/

but hey, meth gets # done.

wal mart is a meth haven...they don't want any of that wacky tobaccky calming people down...

they're motto should be, if you ain't got teeth...have we got a job for you.

walmart can suck my...sweet ass.

[edit on 3/14/2010 by double_frick]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

That does it. I'm shopping at Target.
Everyone should.

Lol I work for target and it's not much different. Just looks a lil nicer sometimes. Well, it depends on the location. Mine happens to be right next to a University so the majority of the employees are college students. But go to any other target, and it's not much different than walmart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join