It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats looking at 'Slaughter Solution' to pass Obamacare without a vote on Senate bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Let them try the "Slaughter" solution. It'll be blocked in an emergency stay granted by the Supreme Court before the ink on the bill is dry.

And whether the GOP moves to impeach Obama or not - the move would be the stupidest thing he could possibly do for his political career, so I say bring it on.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Pelosi wouldn't cheat like that, would she?

If this were to happen, can't the Supreme Court step in at some point?

More like if she fails, the Supreme Court will step in.

Just like Bush "winning" the Presidency.

TPTB want this bad...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If the Democratic leadership is seriously considering this, the actual producers in the country need to go on strike. Most Democrats in congress were elected by majority non-producers (people who have marginal input to the economy, if any), or by those who have such a fragile grasp of economics that they are incapable of understanding what a bill like this would do to the economy. A general strike of actual producers (the real "working people) means no deliveries to the corner bodega, no one to sell Volvo wagons, etc. Those people who show up to work may find their employers decided that two days without income was better than a ruined economy for years. This is becoming an economy where the wealth producers take it on the chin instead of being allowed to create jobs for those who are the first at the Whine-a -thon. It's time producers flexed a little muscle and let the Community Organizer know he's not the only one who can organize.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Yeah we have all heard about your national health care systems. I for one figure we are almost broke as it is. Why in the heck would we want to burden ourselves with an ineptly run, over cost, government health care system? We have concrete proof (Europe) that such a monster does nothing but bankrupt a country and allow the government, more power over our lives, while providing subpar healthcare,.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So who died and made Nancy Pelosi "Queen" that she is able to "deem" things as passed?

It is one thing to use that for a minor spending bill and one that would pass with an overwhelming majority.

It is quite another to use it for a far-reaching, much disputed bill because the democrats in Congress are too cowardly to make their votes known.

If she deems it passed, they can all tell their constituents that they didn't vote for it.

THe whole bill stinks. The few worthwhile things in it could be in a one page bill and passed tomorrow.

Most disturbing is the sheer arrogance of the Democrats who keep claiming the people just don't understand it and just don't know when something is good for them.

They are so desperate to have this bill, that the citizens be damned.

If they get away with this maneuver, they will also try it on the Cap & Gouge Consumers Energy Bill and Obama's plans for amnesty for illegals.

If this passes, the only question to ask anyone running for Congress and the Senate in the fall is: YES or NO, will you vote to repeal the bill?

If they start the usual talking points BS, just get up out of that town hall meeting and walk out. If they say no, do the same.

If the Democrats lose their majority in the House, Queen Nancy will just have to settle for being the Queen of that huge Gay Pride Parade they have every year in SanFran.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Office 4256

While I can agree that Obama won the elections by majority minority votes, I have to disagree that is call "none productive".

Most minority do work they just do not make enough to support a family on minimum wages.

The original idea of the health care bill was sweet enough to be accepted by most American struggling with bills and not able to afford health insurance for their children.

I was very happy with an idea to control the private health care industry and bring a public option to stop their racketeering.

But as usual big interest won over the people's wants and nots as usual and now we are to be hit with the most unconstitutional piece of crap ever been shove on the people in this nation.

The only winners here are big money interest in the insurance business and believe it or not I know a lot of people that are no high income earners that are very much opposed to this bill the way it is because actually people are not that stupid, including those that are not savvy enough in economics.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This Solution is meant to slaughter this country and slaughter what's left of The Constitution,
...nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Last time I checked , Presidential Powers don't entail Dictatorial Fiats . Or am I mistaken ? .......

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think that you're wrong about the insurance companies winning out here. I have a feeling this is going to kill private insurance to make way for what will then be a "needed" public health option, since insurance companies won't be able to reject pre-existing conditions.

Think about it. If the fine of not having insurance is less than the cost of any of the insurances, very few people will take insurance, and will instead just wait until they get sick or hurt to buy it, then cancel it once they're healthy again. This is a complete loss for the insurance companies. Their rates will likely skyrocket, more people will go without (probably some to the point of not being able to afford anything but the fine) and private insurance will be demonized again, because they're forced to raise their rates to remain in business.

In swoops the government, and enacts a public option for everyone who was paying fines before.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

No really, if insurance were to lose on this bill that have not "public option to compete with them" why are insurance now coming out with promotional baits and propaganda offering people the choice to have insurance without been ask about pre existing conditions.

I have seen this commercials all over in my neck of the woods here in Ga.

I have been following The big insurance companies money give away and their monopoly, see they rank on the top 3 money campaign givers in the nation with Oil companies and big pharma.

If they have millions to give away into politicraps to buy them out they are competing with mulitibillion dollar empires in the Oil and big pharma, this fat rats are not losing anything at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

She is not wrong,

Obamacare just a bailout for insurance companies

Under the Obama/Senate plan, the poor — individuals who currently earn under $14,500 — would be required to go on Medicaid. Unless they don’t qualify for whatever reason, in which case they would have to pay at least 2 percent of their income to private insurers or get dinged $750 a year.

The working poor, meanwhile, would get charged a percent of their income on a sliding scale. According to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, federal subsidies for poor workers would be too low. People who earn between $14,500 and $43,000 a year would pay between 4 and 12 percent of their annual income to private insurers. (That’s right: Someone who makes $43,000 would have to shell out $430 a month. If they live in a high-tax place like New York, that would leave them about $2,000 a month to live on after taxes.) And let’s not forget about deductibles.

As anyone who has ever dealt with private insurance knows, deductibles are the odious practice of official non-coverage — insurance doesn’t start paying (if they don’t deny your claim for some reason) until you’ve already spent a certain amount that year.

I don’t know why conservatives aren’t talking about deductibles. They are one of the biggest secrets of Obamacare — and one of the most damning. Like the subsidies, the “actuarial value of coverage” — the percentage of medical bills your policy would pay every year — would slide on a scale. The more you earn, the more you pay and the less you get.

Under the Senate bill, for example, a family of three earning less than $27,000 — we’re talking poor people here — would be fairly well covered. ObamaCare would cover 97 percent of their bills. But a family of three earning between $45,000 and $73,000 would only have 70 percent coverage. In other words, they’d have to pay a third of their medical bills out of pocket.

There would also be co-pays: $20 per doctor’s visit, $250 if you had to go to the hospital, and lab tests and X-rays would come completely out of your wallet.

www.sj-r.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You're absolutely right. That seems to be the end game the Democrats are planning. They're either going to use it to put the insurance industry out of business through price controls or they're going to let them run all over the American people. It'll be one extreme or the other, but the intention is that the people will eventually come back begging for the government to 'save' them. The Dems solution will, of course, be to enact a national socialized medical system.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

this fat rats are not losing anything at all.

Do people not realize Obama made big back room deals with insurance companies, Pharmaceutical companies and Unions,

Now in light of this latest information, no wonder the unions got a sweetheart deal, they were worried.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Oh, yes, my dear I followed the close door meetings with big pharma and insurance companies before the health care reform was even an issue, they didn't even got much media attention, it was all planned from the beginning and as you can see the sole legacy or may I say the presidential life purpose of Obama.

That is the only job that he has been told to do in his presidency.

Who is your boss Obama?

So sad that politics in this nation are so corrupted.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Who is your boss Obama?

Good question,

As I have sat back and watched this drama unfold, it is a question I have asked myself many times,

Dare I say, I have never seen anything like Obamas FEAR, IMHO Obama is terrified of someone or some group.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I watched him very closely from the time he was sworn to the time he got his first white house briefing, that is when I actually saw his face going from power to slave.

I actually belief that during his white House briefing he found out that he was not the one in power in this nation and that neither was the people.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Slaughter is from my area & locally, the woman is getting a lot of flack for her part in this all. She keeps defending herself while protesters speak out in front of her Buffalo office.

Health Care Reform Expected To Move Forward

Buffalo, NY - Protesters gathered late Friday afternoon outside the Buffalo office of Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY) to decry her central role in an effort to fast track controversial health care reform legislation through the United States House of Representatives this weekend.

And then you have someone expressing their displeasure with Slaughter by utilizing less passive means... Brick hurled into window of Slaughter’s Falls office

NIAGARA FALLS—A brick was hurled through the front window of the Pine Avenue office Rep. Louise M. Slaughter, D-Fairport.

Now I'm not normally a betting woman, but I'm willing to bet that whomever runs against her in the next elections will take the seat from her. She has been in office for some time, since 1986 actually, but I think her run is finally over. I wonder if she even realizes or cares that this will likely be the thing that ends her career?

Regardless of what happens to Slaughters seat, I am now beginning to believe that either the people pushing this bill through are doing one of two things. Either they are idiots, hell bent on commiting political suicide or they just want to blow their horn in the November election about how they tried to get healthcare reform, but the Republicans stopped it. I'm sure they won't mention how this is unconstitutional and that they ignored the majority of the voters who have spoken up to say this is not the reform we want.

<< 1  2   >>

join