It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever heard of Locomoskyner?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Russia Today video description:

Russia has launched a program to build a powerful, multi-purpose airship that will certainly cause many people on the ground to take notice. The Locomoskyner airship takes to the air with nothing more than helium, but will also have special outfitted hot air cells to regulate its buoyancy. Propulsion of the craft is provided by several electric motors, and small wings on the periphery of its disc-shaped hull give the vehicle extra lift in flight. The aircrafts unusual shape, which strikingly resembles an unidentified flying object (UFO) also gives it extra stability, and ability to resist wind currents to hover for extended periods above targets on the ground. Varying models of the Locomoskayners are expected to be used for the transportation of people and cargo, as well as surveillance and monitoring. The largest version in the works will be able to airlift 600 tons. The five-year project is based in the city of Ulyanovsk, some 900 km east from Moscow. The projects developer, LocomoSky, plans to generate $90 million worth of investment.

Here we have our very own man made flying saucer!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ffa94c57aeb4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/160d00d205b4.jpg[/atsimg]

What I found more interesting about this thing is its shape. Think about sightings of these things in Russia or maybe in the world in the near future.

More information at:
www.locomosky.ru...

[edit on 10-3-2010 by One Step Beyond...]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
nice find, you might be interested in this one too.

EKIP

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Sorry for the late responce, I was saddened by the small repercussion of my first thread...

Well, loved seeing your video. I didn't knew about this project. It's a shame they didn't receive the needed fund. I'm sincerely amazed with those russian scientists and researchers, they are very smart people but without the deserved recognition.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

what you said is true. and i think western companies and other nations can learn a lot from what russian scientists have learned and accomplished during the soviet era considering that they didn't recieve the same amount of financial backing compared to their contemporaries.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It reminds of something I saw2 in the 70's in the uk called the Thermo Skyship. I remember footage on the TV news of a very wobbly Skyship floating inside the Cardington Airship shed, but I never knew what became of it.

new topics

top topics

join