It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Alien Planets and the Possibility of Life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BtotheG

Finding life is one thing. communicating with it is another. It would be great if they speak English though.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
i read somwhere we will know if there is life elswhere in the galaxy in 20 years because that's how long it takes for all our messages to reach through the entire galaxy. idk what do you guys think

also carl sagan explained once in an episode of cosmos some kind of formula some scientist came up with to determine the amount of civilizations in the galaxy i don't recall what it was but it was very incredibally interesting

any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Nice piece.

Just goes to show how diverse the universe is. It solidifys my belief in alien life out in the great black yonder.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Banned!? I've been reading your threads since I signed up for the ATS tour of duty. You'll be missed. Take it easy.

reply to post by ashanu90

also carl sagan explained once in an episode of cosmos some kind of formula some scientist came up with to determine the amount of civilizations in the galaxy i don't recall what it was but it was very incredibally interesting

Drake Equation

Fermi Paradox

Both are useful concepts to encourage deeper thought, but they aren't held in the same esteem as they were. Several flaws...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BtotheG
So, if there is some form of intelligent life living on Gliese 581 d, we'll be hearing from them in several years!

How about in 2049 humans get a message from Gliese 581 that after a lot of effort is translated to say:
Hello, earth people. We are coming to visit you!!
We hope you will accept us with no reservation!!
We will be arriving in your year 2075.

What do you think would be happening to humanity Dec-31-2074??

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Very nice thread man. No one will know what is actually alive out there untill we see it. Its not only life we should be looking for though, i think a planet we could move onto would be amazing

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Chase x]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join