It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active 'Patriot' Groups in the United States in 2009

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

You like to ask questions?

If you haven't noticed.

Are you a troll?

Only if you ask my ex wife.

Are you a provacateur?

Depends on your definition of provocateur.

It seems like you are really pushing the government agenda to try and label CT's as terrorists.

Is it? Or am I just trying to keep people honest, honest with themselves and honest about their goals? Are people here to find out the truth? Or are they here to spew blind accusations against a government that could really care less?

I could post probably 100 of your comments of you doing this same thing over and over again.

You might, and if you did, would I be in the wrong?

Really wuk, tell us, what exactly are you doing here? Accusing me and hundreds of others of being terrorists?

Have I accused you of being a terrorist? Or have I forced you to think about your side of the issue in a different way?

C'mon wuk, I am only asking questions.

Good for you, that is why we are here right?

You know, maybe you are not a CoIntelPro. What kind of actions would identify one would you think?

Don't know. Maybe you can tell me?

Someone that constantly accuses people of being terrorists by innuendo?

Is that what you think I am doing? Or maybe I am coming up with the questions you haven't thought of.

Maybe someone that keeps preaching of the problems of CTers on a CT site?

Could be someone that is thinking outside the box, trying like you to find the truth.

How about someone that states they are from different places on different comments?

Who has done that?

You know, I am only asking questions. Maybe now others will too.

That is why we are here after all right? Asking questions, getting to the truth, finding out the facts. Thanks to the questions I asked, on the last page you might have noticed that Ugie is asking the people that run his group if they have contacted the Southern Poverty Law Center to determine why they were put on the list to begin with.

Asking questions is important. It leads you to the truth.

The problem I see with CTers is that they don't ask enough questions. They assume too much. They fail to investigate, to ask questions, and find out what is real.

If more people asked real questions from the sources, maybe they would find out more.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The Constitutionalists Party is not a militia group either. It is a political party focused on the Constitution as their base.

These groups are classified as "Patriot" groups and are not classified as "militias". The ones with asterisks are the militias.

They question should be just why ugie's group is on the list, the question should be why our government feels obliged to even keep a list of "Patriot" groups in this country if their wasn't a more sinister agenda behind it.

A number of the groups aren't militias, and if you are looking for what each group has in common - they are all outspoken about the truth. There is a difference between asking a bunch of questions and asking the RIGHT questions.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Well seeing is how it's the Southern Poverty Law Center that compiled this list and not the Federal Government. The question becomes, who cares?

As far as I can tell, the SPLC's main goal in life is to accuse everyone else of being racist towards black people. So, I really wouldn't give them too much credit.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
It is the right of every American citizen to form a militia group.
It is under our god given rights under the constitution of the United States of America.

The day that the FBI or CIA thinks they are going to take that right away from the American citizen and call us terrorist, is the day we Americans will know that we have a treasonous government working against the free will of the American people.

There is no reason for our government to monitor militia groups unless certain politicians sitting in powerful seats in our government who are corrupt and fear retaliation from the American people. That is why militia groups are allowed to exists, just so we have the right to throw these corrupt criminals out of office.

Remember this, a government with no accountability is no government.

Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the [color=gold]United States Constitution is the part of the [color=gold]United States Bill of Rights that protects a [color=gold]right to keep and bear arms.[1] The Second Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The [color=gold]American Bar Association has noted that there is more disagreement and less understanding about this right than of any other current issue regarding the Constitution.[2]
For almost a century after the ratification of the Bill of Rights, the intended meaning and application of the Second Amendment drew less interest than it does in modern times.[3] Notable U.S. Supreme Court interpretations of the Second Amendment include those in United States v. Cruikshank (1875), Presser v. Illinois (1886), Miller v. Texas (1894), Robertson v. Baldwin (1897), United States v. Miller (1939) and District of Columbia v. Heller (2008).
There are several versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with slight capitalization and punctuation differences, found in the official documents surrounding the adoption of the Bill of Rights.[4] One such version was passed by the Congress, which reads:[5]
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Another version is found in the copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, which had this capitalization and punctuation:[6]
“ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. ”
The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert and resides in the National Archives

en.wikipedia.org...

Officials See Rise In Militia Groups Across US

www.huffingtonpost.com...

100 new militia groups since Obama elected; watchdog alarmed

rawstory.com...
Let the FBI watch there is nothing they can do.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by impressme]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

The people that compiled this list are not the FBI, CIA, NSA, DHS, or any other part of the United States Government. They are the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is an American non-profit legal organization, internationally known for its tolerance education programs,[1] its legal victories against white supremacists and its tracking of organizations it calls hate groups.[1]

The SPLC is based in Montgomery, Alabama, in the Southern United States. It was founded in 1971 by Morris Dees and Joseph J. Levin Jr. as a civil rights law firm.[2] Later, civil rights leader Julian Bond became its president.[3] In addition to free legal service to the victims of discrimination and hate crimes, the Center publishes a quarterly Intelligence Report which investigates extremism and hate crimes in the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

They think Ugie's group is a white supremacist hate group.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I never bothered to look up this alleged patriot group in my state before.

I'm sure to the ADL and the SPLC "how to bake sourdough" is really code for "how to kill every Jew and Negro" www.nhmilitia.com...

Anyone taking what the ADL or SPLC says as gospel is just as unstable and worthy o the stink eye as anyone whose genuinely one of those wannabe special forces who cover themsves in camo and tacti-cool crap to go shoot at the covered range.

This is all like two clowns arguing over which one is more ridiculous.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Exactly where in the constitution does it say the government cannot make lists?

Can someone point that out to me?

10th amendment.

Because the constitution doesn't say the government CAN make lists, they are implicitly forbidden from making lists.

The "general welfare" clause does not grant the government that authority either. If you actually bother to read article 1 section 8 of the constitution, its clear they are talking about the 17 specifically enumerated items given below it.

The first line reads:
"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

Then 17 bullet points are given that detail exactly what the general welfare and common defense entail.

All that line does is give congress the authority to lay taxes so they can carry out the 17 specifically enumerated items given below it.

The 10th amendment makes it clear that if the constitution doesn't say they can do it, then they can't do it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Didn't read a word of this exchange did you?

1.) The government can make lists, don't be absurd.

2.) The Southern Poverty Law Center. and let me put this in big bold letters for you just because you seem to fail to read.

THE SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER IS NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. I REPEAT, THE SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER IS NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The federal government CAN make slavery legal, which they did.

The federal government CAN make forced sterilization legal, which they did.

Of course, its entirely unconstitutional and thus illegal, but they do it anyways.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join