It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security: More 'Lone Wolves' Circulating in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Bedell, according to family and friends, was mentally ill and a marijuana user. But he also had extreme views about the government, and he laid out those feelings in audio postings on the Internet.

"When governments are able to confiscate the resources of their citizens to fund schemes that only need to be justified by lies and deception, enormous disasters can result," he said in one post.

There has been a lone wolf attack against the government in each of the first three months of this year. In February, Joseph Stack, infuriated with the Internal Revenue Service, made a suicide flight in his plane into the agency's offices in Austin, Texas. One IRS worker was killed.

Source

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
More lone-wolves? More people frustrated with this messed up system we've set up for them?? Oh no, let's all agree to more stringent security and rights restricting laws and regulations to protect ourselves and our ever beloved Government, of course.

Truthers gone mad or government setup in my eyes.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Haha,

The "Pothead, nutcase conspiracy theorist" insult is the new version of the "pinko, commie, hippy fag" insult that we had back in my day.

That is my take on that anyways.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
conspiracy theorist are going to be the focal point of a renewed McCarthyism era throw in the Muslims , tea partiers and who ever is in the current administration and medias cross hairs .

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I had a full post written and ready to go, but after previewing it I realized that I was actually providing a step-by-step explanation of how to turn the public against people like us.

I have posted that self censorship is the most effective kind, however some things are best unsaid: No need to do the leg work for those who increasingly wish to view us as 'The Problem'.

We are going to see more attacks on the establishment by people who have ties to sites like this. Whether those links existed before the attacks will be the biggest question.

Bit by bit the MSM is testing the waters to see if Conspiracy Theorists can be used as scapegoats while at the same time portraying us a fanatics with stong ties to radical militant groups. Given the current climate, the US Government needs an expansion of domestic terrorism to continue with the policies they have been enacting.

Otherwise people may start to question why all the new powers and suppression of freedom/civil liberties.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Yep, they hate the fact that MJ is becoming legal and the internet & conspiracy sites like ATS is a threat to the status quo. What do they do? Say MJ & uncontrolled internet equals terrorists. What a surprise.

new topics

top topics

join