It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Short to the point post ahead...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I am in no way knocking teachers. I am very grateful for the teachers who "see" what is going on and do their very best to try to create solutions to the issues that American students face. The problem seems to lie somewhere in the grey zone. I was talking with my daughters music teacher last week about the lack of communication between the teachers and parent teacher organizations in the school. He informed me it is da$n near impossible to get any teaching done these days due to the implementation of new laws and regulations around every corner. P.C. is the main agenda these days it seems in the schools. Growing brains seems to have been an after thought. So much emphasis is placed on maintaining safe environments for the children to learn in, that they are leaving the day totally safe, and totally uneducated.
reply to post by recycled

Okay, now I really hope you didn't take my little sermon earlier to mean I thought you were knocking teachers, because if you did then I obviously did a poor job of wording my response. I never got that feeling from your post at all.....but I did get the feeling you were concerned and I just wanted to try and "explain" the situation somewhat.

The best to you and yours.....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It was not you, it was me and my scatterbrained-ed-ness....I was reading more than one site, and more than one post at a time, and lost all ability to formulate an accurate response to anyone. My apologies.
And my thanks for your heartfelt determination in seeing our children achieve a brighter future.

<< 1   >>

join