It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three mainstream earthquakes in one months time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Three earthquakes bad enough to make international mainstream news and stay around for awhile. I might not be 50 but this is the first time in my life

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I believe it was said recently by a fairly famous ats member(cough) that we experience on average 1 8.0+ earthquake per year, but so far the earthquake activity is business as usual. It is because they have caused so much death and destruction, and with all this talk of the end of the world causes a firestorm of fear. I won't talk about my personal take on the subject, however I believe we may see another 'BIG' one soon. I don't know, just a gut feeling that something is amiss.(Did I use that word right? Or perhaps afoot, lol.)

la2

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I totally agree, something just doesnt seem right about all this seismic activity, even by normal standards, this seems like alot of activity.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sv_gravity 800

i don't think it's anything to worry about, it's a pretty slow month for news. the earthquakes are the most unusual thing happening.

don't worry, sooner or later a politician is bound to try to spend money on something besides guns and bombs or some celebrity will do something slightly immoral and the news will be able to get back to ignoring the pain and suffering of brown people so we can all concentrate on the important things in life.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
I believe it was said recently by a fairly famous ats member(cough) that we experience on average 1 8.0+ earthquake per year,

Scratches head
Who might that be? Red hair dude?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The problem is not the frequency (100's of earthquakes occur everyday) The problem is intensity. I don't remember a time when so many huge earthquakes have happened in such a short span of time. Usually, "mega quakes" only occur ever couple hundred years or so, not every month...Crazy

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

damn right its common.

in unpopulated areas.

meh i dont even remember the last big earth quake that even made mainstream media in the past couple years besides haiti, and since then there have been 2 more.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by sv_gravity 800]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by trueperspective

yes

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
And here,s another...
MAP 6.4 2010/03/04 14:02:31 -13.616 167.135 200.2 VANUATU

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i agree with the average of at least 1 8.0+ a year, and all those numbers.

however i think 2 factors make all that info less comforting.

1) all of the activity recently is one seismic event, and all contained in the ring of fire. all being the cause of each other as opposed to isolated events.(theory)

2)its barely march... to keep these annual numbers the rest of the year has to be pretty lite.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Boy, it's been a busy last 24 hrs for sure, just take a look at the World Heliplot's from LISS, talk about an active shaking world....

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 4-3-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
we've had the worst year in #en everrr in the spam of a month, we got alot of months left too..

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
i agree with the average of at least 1 8.0+ a year, and all those numbers.

however i think 2 factors make all that info less comforting.

1) all of the activity recently is one seismic event, and all contained in the ring of fire. all being the cause of each other as opposed to isolated events.(theory)

2)its barely march... to keep these annual numbers the rest of the year has to be pretty lite.

and to keep up with march the rest of the year is going to be pretty dark (if the reast of the year happens to keep up with march)

new topics

top topics

join