It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver - Gold - Snowball

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I have gold and silver coins - I got them some time ago, when I was concerned about having something tangible if, everything else ever went belly up.

I'm still not really seeing how it'll be 'worth' all that much, itself - what evs.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
As has been pointed out elswehere by other members, ATS is neither a good place to give nor to get financial advice.

Then again, where is, these days?

Regarding silver, "I am unaware of any such activity or operation. Nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist...sir." However, let me just note in passing that I like shiny things. This is not to be construed as any advice whatsoever, by the way.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I honestly wouldn't bother, you are probably better of investing in stocks etc I guess buying a few silver coins or bars here and there would do no harm but if you want a good return for your investment in the near future you should think about something other than the silver market. Im no expert in either field though so you probably shouldn't take my advice
But i don't think silver or gold prices are going to go sky high like some people predict.

Not to hijack but would people knowledgeable in finance say that forex trading is good for the little man, or just fat cats like soros? I have a feeling the GBP is going to plummet near election time.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I honestly wouldn't bother, you are probably better of investing in stocks etc I guess buying a few silver coins or bars here and there would do no harm but if you want a good return for your investment in the near future you should think about something other than the silver market. Im no expert in either field though so you probably shouldn't take my advice
But i don't think silver or gold prices are going to go sky high like some people predict.

Not to hijack but would people knowledgeable in finance say that forex trading is good for the little man, or just fat cats like soros? I have a feeling the GBP is going to plummet near election time.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Solomons]

Sounds like a good idea BUT, Im not after making a fast buck. Its more of a piece mind think knowing I have something to buy with if things go pete tong.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Sounds like a good idea BUT, Im not after making a fast buck. Its more of a piece mind think knowing I have something to buy with if things go pete tong.

I would agree with you here. For me, it's more about preserving wealth in case the dollar dives. If you're looking to get started, check craigslist and see if there's anyone selling. You could post a "wanted" ad for some.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by slowfade

Thank you for that, I will keep an eye on that site.

Gareth

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

"I am unaware of any such activity or operation. Nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist...sir."

One of my favorite movies...........

I just bought my first silver eagle. It was a little high, but I feel better having it than the FED Reserve notes in my pocket.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join