It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nail from the time of Christ's crucifixion found in a dig

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'd love to help you look.
I take this kind of stuff and run with it too. LOL

I did find a picture of a crucifixion nail that was also 'allegedly' from the same era that is 8 inches long which is twice the size of the nail found in the ornament box. However, even if the nail found in the ornament box is too small to be a crucifixion nail, could it be a relic from Solomon's Temple?

Crucifixion Nail

[edit on 2-3-2010 by gazerstar]

Great web site, thanks,

Would they save something like this from Solomon's temple?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Solomons Temple was destroyed... Herods Temple was a new build.. His order was that the remnant of the old temple was to be torn down and a completely new one built in its place...

The nail does not come from that time, nor the time of solomon....

Zerubabel built the second temple.. It was very small compaed to the one Yeshua preached in, and whats more was destroyed and rebuilt by Herod.. Solomons temple was built quite a bit before Zerubabels, and was destroyed by the Babylonians...

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Solomons Temple was destroyed... Herods Temple was a new build.. His order was that the remnant of the old temple was to be torn down and a completely new one built in its place...

The nail does not come from that time, nor the time of solomon....

Zerubabel built the second temple.. It was very small compaed to the one Yeshua preached in, and whats more was destroyed and rebuilt by Herod.. Solomons temple was built quite a bit before Zerubabels, and was destroyed by the Babylonians...

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

Thank you,

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

I did find a picture of a crucifixion nail that was also 'allegedly' from the same era that is 8 inches long which is twice the size of the nail found in the ornament box. However, even if the nail found in the ornament box is too small to be a crucifixion nail, could it be a relic from Solomon's Temple?
[edit on 2-3-2010 by gazerstar]

I wouldn't be surprised if they used two lengths of nails for crucifixion. The 4 inchers for the hands and the 8 inchers to go through the feet that were overlapped. Would make sense wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrow's tail

I wouldn't be surprised if they used two lengths of nails for crucifixion. The 4 inches for the hands and the 8 inches to go through the feet that were overlapped. Would make sense wouldn't it?

The 4 inches for the Wrist more like it! the Hand's were never used for this ghastly act! same for the Feet! they nailed through the Ankles so 8 inches would be about right. peace.....

[edit on 3-3-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a couple points,

1. when the OP showed the picture of the 4'' nail, i thought; that's way too small.

2. 'Legend' has it that the Nails used on Jesus were from the family carpentry shop.

2a- my laymans knowledge of Roman cruicification, has it that nails were used only in
special instances, the one being punished was usually strapped/lashed to the pole or cross

3. It seems very likely that the discovered 'Nail' might have been thought to be an
authentic relic from one of the apostles/disciples who walked with Jesus...but it isn't
sacreligious to state that the 'nail' was likely just a pricy souvenior, hawked by some
merchant to some earlier (gullible) Knight Templar in the levant, palestine

thanks for the link showing the 8" spikes, what we need to learn is if those spikes were fashioned exclusively for roman capital punishment by crucification... or were these spikes used for joining timbers? although
peg & dowls would have been better in post & timber joining

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join