It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Olympic Flame Out, Russia Fumes Over Its Athletes' Showing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Well.. well when someone says "no kidding", I tend to take them more seriously. But I still took the precaution to ask if he was serious, since I wasn't sure. I guess my sense of sarcasm is as good as your attention to detail

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge
The best best entertainment in Moscow? really? beheading journalist, human rights defenders and "gingers" is the best entertainment in Moscow???

Well there is also a circus, but all the clowns keep getting shot.

Are you serious or is this a joke???

There are no jokes in Russia, only overwhelming sarcasm, which sometimes mocks the naiveness of others.

If your serious, than you my friend are truly a sad, sadistic and soulless person.

You got me all figured out. I also leave the toilet seat up.

I can't fathom how someone could consider this as entertainment. I'm not religious, but I will pray for you and anyone else who shares your vision because the karma of this will hunt your soul forever.

I thought I was soulless. So how then will Karma hunt my soul?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Please pay no mind to the arrogant Canadian in this thread. He does not represent Canada in any way. He is simply living vicariously through others' achievements.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by metro
Please pay no mind to the arrogant Canadian in this thread. He does not represent Canada in any way. He is simply living vicariously through others' achievements.

haha ouch, that would hurt if I had feelings

Dude, I live in BC. We knew we had the 2010 olympics in the bag dispite how stupid our government is. I don't know or really care about the rest of Canada, but BC was the spirit behind our supremacy at the games. We rocked some serious ass in our own party hole of Vancouver.

Also, how am I "living vicariously through others' achievements" when the athletes played for our people and not for their own glory? Maybe you should compete in the olympics if you think you can achieve glory for yourself.

As for Mr. Maloy, we're still gonna give you a what for in 4 years. Most of our Canadian team consists of our best NHL players (some play for American teams), and most are still young. I heard a rumor that this is the last olympics where NHL players are allowed to participate on national teams, but hopefully that is just a rumor.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So what's this gonna do to Canada's relation with Russia? We got a lot of good hockey players, but we don't talk down on our players like that.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The Russians are a proud people. With their history they deserve to be

Aren't all nations "proud people"? If they weren't proud...they wouldn't really be their own nation...

And that aside, I had to laugh at their piss-poor performances after things like this:

Man Boobs Shows Off (i love how it is so obvious that he's puffing himself up)

and this
hasn't this guy ever heard of a t-shirt?

I'm glad they're showing their real colors right now, because i was sick of hearing all the yuppies tell us how much better Russia is over the US of A.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Saddam had his athletes executed in pre-US Iraq.

I think it was one of his sons. He ran the olympic committee or something official. I don't think these stories are propaganda. They were cold blooded killers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join