It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common weedkiller turns male frogs into females

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

When was this guy supposed to speak? I hope this new finding didn't make him reconsider promoting this crap.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Just wish to update with the new PNAS study address.

It has been officially published now in the March 9 issue, in the pages 4612-4617, transferred from the advance online/early edition.

New permanent address now is

Atrazine induces complete feminization and chemical castration in male African clawed frogs (Xenopus laevis)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The scientist is against atrazine:

www.democraticunderground.com...

Hayes said his removal from the program is an act of censorship by a state agency bowing to agricultural interests and pesticide companies that don't like his findings. "Initially, before the MPCA uninvited me, they asked if I would remove the words 'atrazine' and 'pesticide' from the title of my talk, and of course I refused to do that because that's what I work on," said Hayes. "My response was either you want me to talk or you don't," he said.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

drew hempel, unfortunately this is the product of a world ruled by chemical and biotechnological giants.

they make a mockery out of Toxicology, the branch of Pharmacology dedicated with the investigation of toxic effects of chemical compounds.

the majority of independently-conducted studies showing toxic effects are ridiculed.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

The American Chemistry Council:

ACC merged with the American Plastics Council in 2002.

Battling the precautionary principle In November 2003, the Environmental Working Group released a leaked memo drafted by Tim Shestek, a lobbyist with the ACC. The memo outlined the key features of a campaign proposal from Nichols-Dezenhall to counter growing support for the precautionary principle in California, which it argued could create a national trend.

While promoting the chemical industry as vital to the economic health of the nation the ACC simultaneously lobbied against the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), a public right-to-know program. Under TRI, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency annually reports on what industries release into the air, water and land.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Nothing in regards to chemicals causing feminization of frogs, but I found the movie Food, Inc to be a small look at some of the problems of big agri business and the regulatory agencies in bed with them.

Food, Inc

And of course, I have to supply the Monsanto propaganda against the movie to make my comment fair and impartial.

Monsanto's slant on the movie Food, Inc

A snippet from the Google link, it seems I cannot find the line on the link Google provides.

Food, Inc. is a one-sided, biased film that the creators claim will lift the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing the highly mechanized underbelly ...

I cannot find this line on the link. I find it odd that this line is right below the link on Google, yet I cannot find it on the Monsanto site.

Oh well, I guess Food, Inc did not ask Monsanto for an interview or their viewpoint while making the movie. Oh wait, but the producer's did. But Monsanto refused to do any interview or even write a response for the producers.

Yeah, I trust you Monsanto, NOT.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Monsanto stalks farmers:

www.percyschmeiser.com...

They were faced with the fear of being watched constantly, as they had been stalked both at home and farm by private investigators hired by Monsanto.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join