It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a fantastic resource!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Mods, not sure where this goes, or if it is even appropriate to post.

I have always given short-shrift to on-line boards. They're for geeks, folks with no life, etc. I'm too cool, too with it, too professional for that kind of thing. I was wrong.

I lost my job over a year ago and had an opportunity to spend the better part of last year out of the country with my family, staying with friends, friends of friends and using houses of both. It was fantastic and cheap, but difficult being away from your friends, being out of the US was no problem (exactly the opposite), but without friends and just folks who chat about the same things you chat about at home. Politics, football, regional differences and the cultural nonsense which is everywhere, but I am the most familiar with that which occurs in the US and in the Pacific Northwest in particular. The fact that I was living with 4 small kids in very small quarters multiplied the effect!

Then I happened on ATS. I joined about a week after lurking and have found it to be a fantastic resource. I have learned way too much to list here about things I did not even know existed before. When I'm on ATS I always have a pen and paper and jot down things that require further follow-up. The diversity, depth and humor of some of the threads is fantastic. I've learned much about the international monetary system, environment, Fed, UFOs, government involvement in secret wars and many other things. I'm far more knowledgeable of many topics because of this site. I'm still out, pounding the pavement, looking for a job and its tough, but I can honestly say that I always look forward to the time I spend here, time that I know I'll enjoy.

Just a quick note to thank you all. You've educated me, bantered with me, agreed with me, made me understand that my own understanding of somethings was way off base and you've also made me laugh. .

Thanks folks. I don't think I'm the only person on this site who can say this, in fact I know I'm not.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Glad you found us, ATS is the best board on the net, been a long time member but still learn something new everyday, it is great to be open to that.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

G'day dolphin

I agree completely!

Here's a big to the best site there is!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm far more knowledgeable of many topics because of this site.

Don't bet on it friend.I have read so much mis-information and dis -information posted by and debated by some extremely ignorant people.

I have come to the conclusion that "Deny Ignorance" was added to the site sarcastically.

You want to learn?Go to a library and check out a book.You will NOT learn anything knowledgeable on this site.

It is for entertainment purposes only,not educational.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

I stronly disagree with your statement, this is one example and there are thousands on this board and it's one of your threads,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If you call this entertainment something is wrong with your thinking, it is a great thread and resource.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

G'day Oneolddude

I disagree completely with that.

I come to ATS most nights because I learn something almost every night I'm here.

Sometimes I learn "hard facts".....

Sometimes I learn about different ways to look at things.....

Sometimes I learn how to express myself differently.....

Sometimes I learn how to keep a cool head despite serious provocation.....

Sometimes I learn something about someone & I make a friend.....

It's a great place

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

top topics

join