It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Earth Quake History 1 A.D. to 2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well I think this about wraps up my first thread. This is what I learned.

1.The Protector is not, nor has he ever claimed to be a Time Lord.

2. KainRich likes my sense of humor.

3. Phage spends his spare time making homemade data graphs. Man, I want to party with you!

4. Google ain't all its cracked up to be.

5. With current seismographs, they can chart a cow farting half way across the planet. Well, maybe that is an exaggeration. But they can register explosions.

6. Historical earthquake data is a little on the sketchy side.

7. Syrians take their earthquakes seriously.

8. Earthquakes of a 7+ magnitude seam to be decreasing.

9. If I spent any more time on this thread my wife will leave me.

10. I'd never want to meet Phage in an intellectual dark alley.

Hey, thanks for your posts and I'll see you all at my after thread party.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Doesn't seem to take much understanding to recognize that going back before 1900, we don't have any real record of Earthquake activity. Anything before that of course is speculation, but apparently since just before 1900, we have had a fairly reliable world wide monitoring capability, and that information shows that we are experiencing a rising number of Earthquakes annually.

Here is a nice link on Earthquake trends since 1900

www.earth.webecs.co.uk...

When it comes to detection rates for major earthquakes over 100 years ago, it is worth noting that our ability to record all earthquakes of 7.0 or above occurring across the planet prior to 1901 is uncertain, and so there is likely to be some incomplete data in the 19th century, because of this. It was only in 1897 that a global network of seismographs was deployed.

DATES FROM & TO PERIOD NO. EARTHQUAKES (Mag. > 6.99)
1863 to 1900 incl 38 yrs 12
1901 to 1938 incl 38 yrs 53
1939 to 1976 incl 38 yrs 71
1977 to 2014 incl * 38 yrs 164 (to Mar. 2011) predict >190 in total.

This guy did his homework. That was very nice of him to post this for the world to share.

Two huge quakes within a year, on almost opposite sides of the planet along the ring of fire. It caught my attention.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Nice observation and cross referencing. For some reason I couldn't star your post, what is the deal with that?

Hey Mods!! Why couldn't I star this guys post?

Volcanic activity, I would assume, would be far more easier to detect through the geographical markers.

I did a quick search, but wasn't able to find a good link providing a history of volcanic eruptions around the globe.

I will have to try later. Sure seems to be an increase to me.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join