It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of IMF Proposes New Reserve Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the head of the International Monetary Fund, suggested Friday the organization might one day be called on to provide countries with a global reserve currency that would serve as an alternative to the U.S. dollar.

"That day has not yet come, but I think it is intellectually healthy to explore these kinds of ideas now," he said in a speech on the future mandate of the 186-nation Washington-based lending organization.

Strauss-Kahn said such an asset could be similar to but distinctly different from the IMF's special drawing rights, or SDRs, the accounting unit that countries use to hold funds within the IMF. It is based on a basket of major currencies.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
If they are relasing this information via mass media, it means that they already have a reserve currency set up and ready to go.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.imf.org...

www.imf.org...

Bretton Woods system

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know, I don't know anything about this.

Someone enlighten me?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
If they are relasing this information via mass media, it means that they already have a reserve currency set up and ready to go.

Thank you, I really don't fully understand all this.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

He said an increase of more than 850 billion dollars to the Fund's resources over the past year "should be sufficient to meet demand in the coming period."

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow! Definitely want to keep an eye on this one, especially since it is out in the mainstream news sources already. If this ever goes through it could be very bad indeed. (Biblically speaking)

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer10
Wow! Definitely want to keep an eye on this one, especially since it is out in the mainstream news sources already. If this ever goes through it could be very bad indeed. (Biblically speaking)

IMF replaces Federal Reserve?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thanks for helping me out, swimmer, I would think this would interest people on a conspiracy site,

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Not Necessarily the IMF replacing the federal reserve but it looks like a step toward a unified world currency, which would be a step closer to a unified world government. That is what would be bad Biblically speaking just to clarify

[edit on 26-2-2010 by swimmer10]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

IMF replaces Federal Reserve?

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooH,

two lines.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Not Necessarily the IMF replacing the federal reserve but it looks like a step toward a unified world currency, which would be a step closer to a unified world government. That is what would be bad Biblically speaking

Yes, NWO, correct?

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Not Necessarily the IMF replacing the federal reserve but it looks like a step toward a unified world currency, which would be a step closer to a unified world government. That is what would be bad Biblically speaking

Yes, NWO, correct?

Yes Exactly, because a christian I believe that the "NWO" is established at the end times.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer10

Thanks again swimmer, this was posted in bold red letters at Drudge.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Pound slides as figures underline scale of UK recession
The pound slid to new lows on Friday after it emerged that an apparent improvement in Britain's growth late last year disguised the fact that the Office for National Statistics has actually cut its estimate of Britain's economic output.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Greek PM warns on bankruptcy
www.google.com...

America's debt spiral resembles Greece's crisis
www.washingtonpost.com...

Man who broke the Bank of England, George Soros, 'at centre of hedge funds plot to cash in on fall of the euro'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ghagvsjO

Great timing.

[edit on 092828p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is another shot across the bough of the US in regard to our fiscal problems. They essentially said that the rest of the planet is worried that your economy has poisioned the rest of the planet. And they want a better say in how things will be settled in the future in regard to financial transactions. We have had it real easy being the defacto reserve currency for the world via the petrodollar, if we didn't have that we wouldn't have the ability to spend or do the majority of the stuff we have done in all walks of life. We wouldn't have a large (which ours is shrinking know because of the decades of abuse and ending of the economy) middleclass but alot in the lower class and the upper class. We would be a very large third world nation with parts of it rich and other parts dirt poor.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Hi Hoghead,

We would be a very large third world nation with parts of it rich and other parts dirt poor.

Yea, that would be my guess.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, NWO, correct?

Yes Exactly, because a christian I believe that the "NWO" is established at the end times.

The World Bank and the IMF were both established in 1944 and are both head quartered in Washington DC.

I think it is a very real possibility that this could be the NWO.

I was kind of thinking that the NWO was the Bank for International Settlements in Switzerland, but I am now more inclined to believe that the NWO would instead rise out of DC.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The IMF wouldn't take over the Federal Reserve because the Federal Reserve is a subsidiary of sorts for the IMF: the dual governors representing the US's central banking system and economic systems are Timothy Geithner and Ben Bernanke.

I was kind of thinking that the NWO was the Bank for International Settlements in Switzerland, but I am now more inclined to believe that the NWO would instead rise out of DC.

Here is thread that might interest you:

The Nazi and Fascist Origins of the Bank for International Settlements

The Federal Reserve, the BIS, the IMF... it's all tied together intricately.

new topics

top topics

join