It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the 21st Century

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I see you are right about Columbus. I have another conspiracy for you, if the Historical Association of Britian, in 1945, listed the, "Columbus and the Flat Earth Conception," as a misconception. Then why, half a century later was/is it still taught in public schools? Did the U.S. not accept this information from the Brits?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I was educated in a pretty bad example of American Schools, and I was never actually taught that Columbus had been looking to prove that the world wasn't flat. In fact, I think that I was taught the story about India from the beginning. But our Media and, I guess, collective unconscious or some other explanation for that thingy which creates common knowledge have perpetuated this weird nonknowing.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I think I was educated in one of the better public schools in Texas, and you are right, we were not actually taught that Columbus was seeking to prove that the Earth was round. We were taught that he wanted to go through the Atlantic, or around the world, to find another route to the spices in the East Indies. Supposely, he was the first to try and complete the journey, thus they taught us that he physically proved the Earth was round. While the Greeks mathmatically proved it centuries before.

But I believe we were still taught that people once thought the Earth was flat for a long time, they didn't mention that it was a misconception and corrected, in 1945, by the Historical Association of Britian. Which I find strange?

[edit on 27-2-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by tooo many pills
The USA is a Christian/Catholic nation.

...not true...

it's true that this is not true...

America is a Reformed Nation founded on the ideals of Protestant Christians, whom weren't too fond of the Pope and all his laws.

I admit we have a few blue M&M'S in our ranks but that does not change history or alter majority.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
i would like to thank you for this, and for your link to this, and it still continues today.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks friend. Thank you for taking the time to read it

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join