It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu vaccine proven ineffective. New England Journal of Medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Recent news is out that the pandemic has not yet peaked. We all see signs in drug store windows telling us to come on and get our vaccines. An article published in the New England Journal of Medicine states that the vaccine has no positive affect in producing the proper antibodies it was intended to produce.

Here is a snipit - the full link as well.

content.nejm.org...

Results -- A total of 4 of 107 persons (4%) who were born after 1980 had preexisting cross-reactive antibody titers of 40 or more against 2009 H1N1, whereas 39 of 115 persons (34%) born before 1950 had titers of 80 or more. Vaccination with seasonal trivalent inactivated influenza vaccines resulted in an increase in the level of cross-reactive antibody to 2009 H1N1 by a factor of four or more in none of 55 children between the ages of 6 months and 9 years, in 12 to 22% of 231 adults between the ages of 18 and 64 years, and in 5% or less of 113 adults 60 years of age or older. Seasonal vaccines that were formulated with adjuvant did not further enhance cross-reactive antibody responses. Vaccination with the A/New Jersey/1976 swine influenza vaccine substantially boosted cross-reactive antibodies to 2009 H1N1 in adults.

Conclusions -- Vaccination with recent seasonal nonadjuvanted or adjuvanted influenza vaccines induced little or no cross-reactive antibody response to 2009 H1N1 in any age group. Persons under the age of 30 years had little evidence of cross-reactive antibodies to the pandemic virus. However, a proportion of older adults had preexisting cross-reactive antibodies.

I realize there are other sources of scientific support for the benefits of these vaccines, but the NEJM is a pretty authoritative source. This entire flu/vaccine business is a massive cover up and money making scheme.

Now to protect us from next year's "pandemic" they want to include this year's vaccine in next years. I'm thinking there is a bunch on the shelf they need to get Uncle Sam to buy.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

To assess the level of preexisting immunity in humans and to evaluate seasonal vaccine strategies, we measured the antibody response to the pandemic virus resulting from previous influenza infection or vaccination in different age groups.

I don't think they tested the response to the Swine Flu vaccine, they tested to see if people had pre-existing anti-bodies in their blood, to see if previous, non Swine Flu specific vaccines had created Swine Flu anti-bodies.

At least, that's what I get from it.

But I definately agree that it's a very dirty corrupt business.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I don't think thats right. The vaccine is supposed to facilitate the body's production of antibodies which can then fend off the virus. Thats why they give you a small dose of the actual flu, to get the immune system working to produce the antibody. This study shows that there were no antibodies produced in those folks who received the vaccine.

The thing didn't work.

If there is a doc or nurse on ATS who could provide some professional intrepretation of what this report says, that would be great. I'm certainly no doctor, but thats the way I read it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yes, I know how vaccines work, or are supposed to work.

To assess the level of preexisting immunity in humans and to evaluate seasonal vaccine strategies, we measured the antibody response to the pandemic virus vresulting from previous influenza infection or vaccination in different age groups.

Preexisting immunity, so that is before any specific Swine Flu vaccine.

Previous influenza infection or vaccination, so that is before Swine Flu vaccination or exposure to Swine Flu virus.

Conclusions Vaccination with recent seasonal nonadjuvanted or adjuvanted influenza vaccines induced little or no cross-reactive antibody response to 2009 H1N1 in any age group. Persons under the age of 30 years had little evidence of cross-reactive antibodies to the pandemic virus. However, a proportion of older adults had preexisting cross-reactive antibodies.

The conclusion is that previous influenza vaccines had created no anti-bodies against H1N1 Swine influenza specifically.

No cross-reactive anti-bodies.

I don't know waht happened with my post, can't fix it.

[edit on 26-2-2010 by Point of No Return]

Lol, fixed it.

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

You got it right.

Trying to see if regular flu vaccines antigens had any effect on the H1N1 ... but they don't

Unfortunately, this article is not a smoking gun for the H1N1 debacle.

Oh ... for your post ... You need to add an "[ / ex ]", without the spaces and quotations, to the end of your quote

[edit on 26/2/10 by Horza]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Thanks, but everything is where it should be, I think it's a glitch in the post system or something.

No, you were right, I accidentaly erased the , but forget to put the / back.

top topics

join