It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darn it! California out to stop cussing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I would use this time to swear more than I already do. Which is honestly so far from socially acceptable it is unreal. They are just words. Not my fault you get offended by something as silly as a word.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Maybe now, but in the future, whats to stop them from putting teeth in this 'agenda'! Absolutely nothing! These morons in Kaleeforneea have a way of ramping up the taking of citizens rights in a forcefull manner! They have no ethics!

Zindo

Maybe that's true, but that is not this. Additionally it would be patently against the 1st Amendment, so you'd be hard pressed to lose on this count.

I think you have far more justified fears by the government's financial positions than it's social ones.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

What first amendment? Oh, you mean that historical piece of paper that those that run this country keep using for toilet paper? Ya, I guess i shouldn't worry or mention that they could not care less about the first amendment. I wouldn't want to cause any misconception!!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

What first amendment? Oh, you mean that historical piece of paper that those that run this country keep using for toilet paper? Ya, I guess i shouldn't worry or mention that they could not care less about the first amendment. I wouldn't want to cause any misconception!!

Zindo

I like rants as much as the next guy, but what does this have to do with this California issue?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You'd think that a State which is untold billions in the red, would use time and resources finding ways to become more efficient, reduce debt and cut costs.

I find this truly ridiculous, sorry!

[edit on 25-2-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Another reason on why their legislature should be part time. They are in the hole how many billions and they come up with worthless legislation like this. This does nothing to further the governance of free people and scores a 'political point' for the haughty taughty state Senator.

Its an excellent thought but this is something that should be pushed through private initiatives, not government.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
KUDOS TO CALIFORNIA ! I do NOT swear myself but the STATE/CITY where I live it is so rampant and so disgusting that I wish I could snap my fingers and burn these peoples mouth shut for a week to teach them a lesson. For someone so proper as myself it's a nightmare having to ride the bus system. These people are so disgusting. I wish EVERY state had laws prohibiting swearing in public. I don't vote for anything but I would sign up in a heartbeat.

KUDOS! California for taking a step to clean up the scum of the earth.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Such a waste of time and resources. Not only is the state bankrupt, the area the assembly man is from is under mud. I would start a recall if I were from his area.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
I believe that this is the first assult on the freedom of Speech that I have seen in a long time, where the Government is trying to regulate what we say.

I hardly call it an assult [sic] on freedom of speech, if they were to enforce it then yes that would be an assault. It's just a week of encouragement, like no smoking day, or national watermelon day or something pointless like that. What really grinds my gears is the fact that the state is failing, it is massively in debt with spending out of control and the legislature uses our tax dollars to vote on this pointless piece of garbage?

The path to hell is paved with the best of intentions. It may not seem like an assult on the freedom of speech, but if you consider the past laws, they start out with the best of intentions only to cut into the rights of the individual. It starts with a week of encouragement and when it catches on, what is next, is that it becomes law and then you get into a situation where rights are stripped away.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by supersweeprob
KUDOS TO CALIFORNIA ! I do NOT swear myself but the STATE/CITY where I live it is so rampant and so disgusting that I wish I could snap my fingers and burn these peoples mouth shut for a week to teach them a lesson. For someone so proper as myself it's a nightmare having to ride the bus system. These people are so disgusting. I wish EVERY state had laws prohibiting swearing in public. I don't vote for anything but I would sign up in a heartbeat.

KUDOS! California for taking a step to clean up the scum of the earth.

ha. You really get offended by words? What exactly do you mean by "proper"? I guess in most definitions I would be considered "proper" too, but I would be the first person to start swearing if you had said that face to face. I just cannot understand people getting offended over words.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join