It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£20m Lottery Winner Found In Concrete Grave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
It sounds the first thing you by when win $31m is a new gun, bullet proof vest and a full time body guard.

Wonder what one he did not get.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by ANNED]

Alot of people who earned that kind of money have those things.

There are reasons for that. Being wealthy with no security is like holding up a sign and saying "please rob me".

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chefbalowe
also, money does not buy happiness. people without money think that it does, but it doesn't. Just trust me on this one, folks.

Neither does poverty. I'd rather be unhappy with a roof and food, than unhappy without.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Money can bring you happiness if material possessions make you happy. Everyone needs money in the end, unless you leave civilization behind and live in the wilderness. But i think someone who lived within their means and didn't get into debt or have a mortgage that they can barely pay each month can be just as happy and content as a rich person. Anyway, quite obviously a murder. Hope he wasn't alive when they buried him....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
well, yes, a sad end, but perhaps he had some happiness while he was alive.
I have always felt that its better to be unhappy on a full stomach than be unhappy on an empty stomach.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
THE BIG QUESTION IS WHY TELL ANYONE THAT YOU HAVE WON?

if I won the lottery i would never tell a sole and just say to people when I buy a few bucks worth....."my horse came in today" lol

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The slow earning of money is good for your character.You know you have earned it and can spend it in good conscience.When it is an unearned windfall,it's funny money.If you have no money management skills,you're the fool and your money and you will go in seperate ways.Money can't buy love?It can rent it though.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Cx how are you ?

This freaken guy man. Sounds like he was at one time, happy
leading the life of a croanie. You know in and out of county all the time.
Even less then a small time thug. Life was good for him that way.
Then he messed up and bought a lottery ticket.

All of a sudden fate slaps him a good backhand and shizzle, he's the
worlds luckiest loser for a day. The guy's not even bright enough to deal
with this at all. Obviously the first thing he should have done was buy his self some better friends. I can just see the poor sap overwelmed by
the whole affair.

Somebody he knew set him up and got a large chunk of change to boot. Prolly be a movie about this. It will end showing
one of his good pals kickin it on a beach in the Bahamas.
The cops unable to even right the guy a ticket. Guy's a born loser.
Proof no amount of money can make you a wiinner. IMO. bummer!

[edit on 21-2-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
THE BIG QUESTION IS WHY TELL ANYONE THAT YOU HAVE WON?

if I won the lottery i would never tell a sole and just say to people when I buy a few bucks worth....."my horse came in today" lol

Good luck with that. Part of receiving the money is agreeing to publicity photos to promote the lottery. Go to any lottery site and you will see pictures and names of the bigger winners.

By the way, a sole is the bottom a foot or shoe.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Those who say money can't buy happiness are spending their money on the wrong things. Imagine being able to pay off all your debts, own your house, own your car, have all the college education you could ever want for yourself and your family, not having to worry about bills, not having to work for a living unless you choose to, not having to worry about money when you plan activities with your friends and family...

Oh yeah. I'd be happier, I don't care what rich people say.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Okay okay. Excessive money doesn't make you happy

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This guy got mixed up with the wrong people... it was only a matter of time something bad would happen.

After reading an article about this and seeing the picture of DeeDee, who is supposedly the one who murdered him, it doesn't surprise me... because DeeDee looks like the kind of person that goes out and looks for people to take advantage of. In this case, she got close to him, robbed him, then killed him. I just dunno why anyone would want to get close to this lady. xP

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I don't get why people keep muttering the same phrase "money doesn't bring you happiness". Have you all experienced this first hand? What brings you sadness is other people who want your money. Having money, being debt free and having practically nobody who knows about your wealth would be great. Anyone who disagrees with that has no clue. I know from experience and from my experience having money makes life less stressful and gives you more freedom.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
The slow earning of money is good for your character.You know you have earned it and can spend it in good conscience.When it is an unearned windfall,it's funny money.If you have no money management skills,you're the fool and your money and you will go in seperate ways.Money can't buy love?It can rent it though.

The good thing the slow earning of money should teach a person is that they have way less room for error in money decisions. But tightwads rich or poor are a misrable creatures. Tightwads have but never enjoy but clings and measure all the time. Nothing wrong with frugality but its not tightwadism.

Money is actualy are very strange form of majic and it works its way on all big and small. Its a control mechinisim, a measure of greatness of many sorts, a strange corrupter of those that have to much, breeder of pride of lust and licence. Yet it still answers all things in the company store that the world is. If you think about it the word deserve has nothing to do with it. For most its more like a carrot on the stick in the rat race spinning on their wheels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join